Round 3 - Storm vs Titans @ Skilled Park 17/03 4:30

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Guess we are going to have a similar team as last week?

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. O'Neill
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Ryles
16. Vave
17. Proctor
staticash
Squall
Squall

Would love it if bellyache put hoff on the bench and proctor to start at 12

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

staticash wrote:Would love it if bellyache put hoff on the bench and proctor to start at 12

agreed! proctor had a great year last year, a good start to this year and hoffman still gets to start
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm:
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Jason Ryles
18. Rory Kostjasyn (one to be omitted).
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Titans:
1. William Zillman
2. Steve Michaels
3. Jamal Idris
4. Beau Champion
5. Dominique Peyroux
6. Jordan Rankin
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Kayne Lawton
10. Nate Myles
11. Greg Bird
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
14. Luke Douglas, 15. Matt White, 16. Ben Ridge, 17. Matt Srama, 18. Luke O'Dwyer, 19. Brenton Lawrence (two to be omitted).
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Either Will Chambers and Maurice Blair are not playing good enough in the NSW Cup or the more likely, Bellamy just doesn't want to change a winning side. Quinn and O'Neill have been playing well and Duffie & Nielsen played well on Sunday. Going to be hard for Will and Maurice to get in it seems.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Melbourne retained the same 17 players who had success against the Rabbitohs but Bellamy said Will Chambers, who returned to league from a stint in rugby union, was putting pressure on the backs after playing in their feeder teams.
"He's got a couple of habits from union that are specific to their game with defence but he's getting better and better every week.
"He's really carrying the ball well and we're really happy with his progress so I don't think it will be too long that we see him playing NRL."

S.W.A.S
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

with chambers coming into form who drops out? without an injury it would be hard to drop any player in the back line so far, but imo quinn under the high ball is his only worry..
so maybe drop quinn, nielson to the wing n chambers to the centre?
staticash
Squall
Squall

I can't wait to see if neilson can back up his attacking display again this weekend.

S.W.A.S
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Widdop is the one that is worrying me. He looks a shadow of the player he was last year but maybe Bellyache thinks otherwise. Another poor performance this week and Luke Kelly or Rory Kostjasyn should be bought in. I don't think fans want to see another Tasesa Lavea. The only things he did right against the Bunnies was his tackle on Talanoa into touch to save a try and his pass to Nielsen which led to the final try of the game. He just looks flat and disinterested out on the field and his kicking game is non-existent. He needs to take the pressure of Coops.

I hope Nielsen keeps consitent with his attack and not let his performance on Sunday be a one off. Also, one more average game for Hoffy and he needs to go back to the NSW Cup for a couple of games to try and get his rhythm back.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:Widdop is the one that is worrying me. He looks a shadow of the player he was last year but maybe Bellyache thinks otherwise. Another poor performance this week and Luke Kelly or Rory Kostjasyn should be bought in. I don't think fans want to see another Tasesa Lavea. The only things he did right against the Bunnies was his tackle on Talanoa into touch to save a try and his pass to Nielsen which led to the final try of the game. He just looks flat and disinterested out on the field and his kicking game is non-existent. He needs to take the pressure of Coops.

I hope Nielsen keeps consitent with his attack and not let his performance on Sunday be a one off. Also, one more average game for Hoffy and he needs to go back to the NSW Cup for a couple of games to try and get his rhythm back.
Apart from the first month or so Widdop wasnt really that good last year. Solid would be the best description. Most things he did came off the back of breaks defensive confusion caused by Billy and Cooper.

Every team know now he likes to put go left with a little stutter step and throw the dummy, he'll have to overcome that by working on his passing game at the line. Needs to get more involved too but is that a matter of Cooper overplaying his hand like he can do.
staticash
Squall
Squall

I have faith in widdop 2nd year jitters maybe? Hope he can get over it soon and be the player we all know he can be.

S.W.A.S
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hopefully the team looks like this
1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. O neill
4. Chambers
5. Nielsen
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Proctor
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Blair or kostjasyn if blair unfit
15. Vave
16. Ryles
17. Hoffman

18. Lowrie

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storma01 wrote:Hopefully the team looks like this
1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. O neill
4. Chambers
5. Nielsen
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Proctor
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Blair or kostjasyn if blair unfit
15. Vave
16. Ryles
17. Hoffman

18. Lowrie

Lowrie was close to our best player this week...there is NO WAY that Bellayache will drop him (and neither should there be on exposed form)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

100% agree in regards to Widdop, he has looked average all pre season and in the 1st 2 rounds, Luke Kelly is ready playing strongly and has a great footy brain, not to mention his kicking game destroys Widdops. TBH Cronk Smith and Slater orchastrate every successful play in our red zone, i cant really remember the last try we scored without one of them involved, so do we go another way and play a defensive half like Kostjasyn? Here's my summation of the squad so far:

Safe -

Billy Slater
Matt Duffie
Justin O'Neill
Cooper Cronk
Jesse Bromwich
Cameron Smith (c)
Bryan Norrie
Todd Lowrie
Kevin Proctor
Siosaia Vave
Jason Ryles

Lift your game -

Dane Neilsen (Just, was solid vs Souths and that saved him an ear full)
Anthony Quinn
Gareth Widdop
Sika Manu
Ryan Hinchcliffe

Drop -

Ryan Hoffman

Knocking on the door -

Sisa Waqa
Will Chambers (Close)
Maurice Blair
Luke Kelly (Close)
Jaiman Lowe
Tohu Harris (Close, would personally start Proc and bench T)
Rory Kostjasyn