Round 3 - Storm vs Titans @ Skilled Park 17/03 4:30

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne are farking abysmal...but that Vave fella is like the second coming of Jeff Lima!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Once again, we finished the game very strongly. It is encouraging that we can play that crap for so long and still get away with such a dominant win (on the scoreboard at least)...

And Billy... well, there just aren't any words left to describe how brilliant he is.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

[quote="Insomniac"]Once again, we finished the game very strongly. It is encouraging that we can play that crap for so long and still get away with such a dominant win (on the scoreboard at least)...

And Billy... well, there just aren't any words left to describe how brilliant he is.[/quote]

Sublime
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy just defies description, unbelievable, when he's near the ball you just don't even dare to blink in case you miss some of the magic.

Duffie was great defensively under the high ball and I liked the metres we got at times out of the big boppers (Norrie, Vave and Ryles especially).

But, we need to hold the ball more!!!!!!!!!!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great second half from the boys! Billy Slater is just super human, amazing performance. Him and Cronk are in career best form for sure. Thought that Duffie was strong once again, since I said he is coming close to being dropped he has come out with two top performances.

Cameron Smith's goal kicking needs some improvement too. Three from three though so I'm happy!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Average performance (again) if you ask me. Luckily Billy was able to finsih off some great plays by Cooper and Cam.

We really need to be alot better then what we've shown the first three rounds
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

I thought blair was quite average tonight, maybe because it was raining not sure but he was far from what he can produce.
Does anyone know how long Neilson is out for? I'd like too see chambers get a go next week..

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In the words of Phil Gould: "Who does that?!?!?!"

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop & Hoffman passengers again.

Proctor, Norrie and Vave strong efforts.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We've been down the first 3 weeks but good teams still win when they're far from their best which is a great sign, A heap of improvement to come so there's plenty to look forward to. Give me an ugly win over losing pretty any day.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:angel8: :swav: :swav: :swav: BILLY..awesome..magical..SUPERSTAR...great..unbelievable...I could go on but I think you all get what I am saying.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have a mate in Seattle, USA, who lived here for a year last year and became a massive Storm fan. He's trying to get sponsored to move back here but until he does how can he access Storm games, whether live or otherwise, using net, US cable, Aussie bars in Seattle, etc? Or do I have to record every game and post them?

(I can't start a new thread from mobile, that's why I posted here)

Billy saved our arses tonight. His 2nd try was beyond belief (even from him). I yelled at Smithy "WTF was that?". And then all of a sudden Billy's all over it. Sheer brilliance from him, Cam and Bellyache.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

watching billy's 2nd try live i thought, 'oh well, at least he put some pressure on', when i saw the replay and realised that he'd taken it one handed (and i'm pretty sure it's his opposite hand to boot) i was simply gobsmacked
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

there is live streams, firstrow.tv and plenty of other if you look, nrl.com have the replays online the next day or from nrl.com - http://www.nrl.com/Video/LiveStreaming/ ... fault.aspx
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Billy was terrific (his second try has to be one of his best), Cam and Coops kicking game was top shelf. Also an excellent performance in the wet from try scorers Duffie and Quinn (also how good was Quinny's pick up off the ground on the loose ball from Billy's pass?).

Widdop was slightly better than the previous two weeks but is still struggling and I have nothing else to say about Hoffman than he has come back to Melbourne as Elmer Fudd (seriously I couldn't believe he threw that pass which led to an intercept in our own half). The forwards (especially Manu, Norrie, Vave and Ryles) made some terrific metres.

Apart from all this, the boys need to work on their first half performance overall and not drop away before half time.