The Storm D initiative- what are your thoughts?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

The one thing I found different during last night's game was the Storm D initiative. To anyone who doesn't have a clue about what I am talking about or lives interstate, here is a link below.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... year/48427

I was horrified when I heard that they were starting up a "dee-fence" kind of chant.My attitude was that you should be cheering louder and chanting when WE had the ball inside THEIR 22. I originally thought it would be contrived & fake, but after having seen it first hand last night I have to say I found it not only worked in lifting the atmosphere but it actually helped the players defend our line.

What were your thoughts on how it went? And how can we further improve the atmosphere at home matches?

JF
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It sucked.

Also whats up with holding an interview on the loudspeakers while the NYC game is going on.

Fail.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was odd...and there is no 22 meter line in rugby league. ;)

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought it was great, but its a bit embarrassing when we are bringing the ball out of our half and its as quiet as a church

kudos for some more fan involvement
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

D for DUMB ::) I yell so much the whole game that I rarely have a voice the next day.
What next ? Having the "Thunder Squad" change ends each half ???

And YES Micheal having the talking heads on screen & on the speakers during NYC shits me too :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Couldn't hear all that on tv but I did hear lots of cowbells haha & :albino: :albino: :albino: ies crying ::)
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:Couldn't hear all that on tv but I did hear lots of cowbells haha & :albino: :albino: :albino: ies crying ::)
That wouldve been my wife, feral bunnies fan she is !!!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

:oops:
What a lot of rubbish this D thing is, why are they trying to get like basketball?
Sounded stupid
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I didn't mind the idea of a chant or something but it just seemed like no-one knew what to chant. If they're going to organise something like that I think they need to come up with a specific chant out noise out whatever for defensive efforts otherwise, as BR said, most of is are yelling and clapping anyway so it sort of gets lost for meaning

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

well its obvious the players want some atmosphere during the hard times to give them a boost. it was talked about in the past with people wanting club & player chants like the poms have, why not bring it up again? i notice the sharks have their group singing and chanting all game, its quite effective and entertaining for the other people at the ground.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Maybe it's something e could use a steady drumbeat for. I noticed at a Heart game recently their fans were using a rhythmic best to build tension while their team was building attacking phases. Maybe we could use the same sort of thing together with a chant to lift the team in defence?

Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Predictive text is really starting to bug me:-(

Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:
Chip wrote:Couldn't hear all that on tv but I did hear lots of cowbells haha & :albino: :albino: :albino: ies crying ::)
That wouldve been my wife, feral bunnies fan she is !!!
hahaha...time for an intervention? Or is she a hopeless case?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No hope for her. Grew up in la perouse, went to matraville high, hung out at maroubra beach. Its a sad story.

Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

well, you know what they say, you have to hit rockbottom....