Round 2 - Storm vs Rabbitohs @ AAMI Park 11/03 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm v Rabbitohs: Hayne/Morris (refs)
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Official team to play Rabbitohs.
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Michael Greenfield
18Rory Kostjasyn
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

no chambers or blair? Hmm..

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Same team as last week hmmmm....maybe Belly will pull a swifty an hr before kickoff

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope king,crocker,inglis and maguire have a shocker this week against STORM.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its not Bellamy's style to change his team make-up. Especially not after a win, and especially not on the team he announces on a Tuesday.

He may put some players on notice that this week they need to improve. Duffie, Neilsen and Hoffman will be three I reckon that need to lift their game. Widdop had a poor game, but he's certainly not a repeat offender. Hoffy I think needs to prove he's capable of holding out Proctor from the starting side. I dont think on Saturday's game he is. Round 2 will be interesting to see how he goes.

Ryles will almost certainly come back you'd think if he was fit.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy almost always changes his team after the 'official' team announcement on Tuesday. He pretty much names the last weeks team and then changes on game day.

Let's see how many times the team runs out as named.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

well I hope will chambers or maurice blair is a late inclusion, they add alot more then Neilson does to the team!

And does anyone know if mitchell garbutt is in the qld cup side for this weekend? Or is he still injured.. cheers

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm boy ! wrote:well I hope will chambers or maurice blair is a late inclusion, they add alot more then Neilson does to the team!

And does anyone know if mitchell garbutt is in the qld cup side for this weekend? Or is he still injured.. cheers

Garbutt is named on the bench for Easts Tigers.
http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=ql ... ekly-teams

Easts Tigers v Souths Logan Magpies at Langlands Park on Saturday, March 10 - 3pm

Easts Tigers

1. Corey Thompson 2. Eddie Tautali 3. Shane Neumann 4. Shea Moylan 5. Ryan Tongia 6. Cody Walker 7. Luke Kelly 8. Liam McDonald 9. Geoff Holcombe 10. Kenny Bromwich 11. Wiremu Ratana 12. Steven Thorpe 13. Leon Panapa 14. Mitchell Garbutt 15. Matthew Zgrajewski 16. Lance Morris 17. Isaac Kaufmann

Coach: Troy McCarthy

Souths Logan Magpies

1. Josh Damen 2. Nick Doyle 3. Matt Templeman 4. Dallas Anderson 5. Solomon Foley 6. Ben Cronin 7. Dane Phillips 8. James Tutuila 9. Cameron Joyce 10. Matt Cameron 11. Andrew Edwards 12. Sam Gardel 13. Rez Phillips 14. Wade Liddell 15. Matt Duncan 16. Cadence Matene 17. Simanu Crichton

Coach: Mark Beaumont
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

we will be reffed out of this game no doubt about it.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:we will be reffed out of this game no doubt about it.
They'll be watching our every move, lol.
We can blame Furner if we lose. :lol:
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

good to see garbutt back on the bench. With a few games I think he'll be starting you'd think.. Hope he plays good and impresses bellamy so he can get a spot on the bench in our top squad! I really like the sound of this bloke.

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

as good as oniell was last week, i think we need blair in that spot this week! last year he was all over inglis, and we will need that again this year.

i might be wrong but the best way to make inglis have a quiet game is to run your attack at him and make him look bad, to me he is a confidence player. with sika, oniell/blair and duffie on the right side i think the attack looked promising last week.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

50/50 on what your saying storming.

I think Oneil and blair should both be the centres, I don't see why bellamy keeps picking Neilson over him. yeah his a good defender but he offers not much at all in attack, blair offers alot more. His quicker stronger, gains more metres of his runs his all round a better player I think. My opinion anyway.. Maybe this week if Neilson doesn't prove he should be in that spot bellamy might put blair their. I can only hope.

Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Latest news that Greenfield will again not take to the field and Rory Kostjasyn is set to be name on the bench.

Still no sign of Jaiman Lowe, Will Chambers or Maurice Blair. Can't help but feel we'd be much stronger with all three playing week in and week out.