Melbourne Storm Ads

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I like Craig's the best. It speaks more to the spirit of the club.
Better than the NRL's ad for the Melbourne audience.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All of them are sensational.....it's a brilliant ad campaign.

They will appeal in a very real way to Melbourne's sports culture...both for casual fans and sports fanatics
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

These adds are top class. They are all good in their own way, definitely better than the stupid NRL commercial that they have.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Whoever came up with those ads deserves to get paid double whatever they got, those ads are a great concept. I thought it would take a lot to be last years campaign but these win hands down. Well done :-D
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great ads but I hope they get reasonable air time!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Alright ads, but I still think that the best was the 2006 'Making a Big Impact' ad campaign (the ones where people are tackled in Shakespeare plays, nursing homes etc.) which had the infamous Brian Waldron speaking in them. Even though he is an unwelcome figure at the club now for obvious reasons, I think people have to recognise the amount of advertising and promoting he did for the club.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hoffy's ad is the best, i watch it before the gym when I'm feeling a bit flat
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattstormy wrote:Alright ads, but I still think that the best was the 2006 'Making a Big Impact' ad campaign (the ones where people are tackled in Shakespeare plays, nursing homes etc.) which had the infamous Brian Waldron speaking in them. Even though he is an unwelcome figure at the club now for obvious reasons, I think people have to recognise the amount of advertising and promoting he did for the club.
Those ads were really good mattstormy. They were well thought out and effective but I just think that there is something poignant and emotive about these that will appeal to potential new members by showing, from a very personal level, what the players and coach feel make the team what it is. For the converted it gives an insight into some of the players thoughts and feelings re the team and atmosphere that we, as fans, help create on game day and also a little bit of access to their mindset that we wouldn`t normally have access to.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:Great ads but I hope they get reasonable air time!
Cam's one has been shown during the cricket.

Only negative is that they didn't have any info about our first home game.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There OK I guess, would have like to have seen someone like Dane Nielsen in one.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thats what i think too Michael :P its so annoying they only let the big 3 talk I WISH the would let other in

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope they do some more as the season progresses, featuring our new talent.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is more than 3 ads, there is 5. The reason Billy, Cam, Cronk do so much is because there the faces and names the general public knows. The club ar trying to sell itself to other people not just members. The club have to get bums on seats at the games. Putting a Duffie, Hichcliffe or Nielsen in the ads would not work as well.

I thinik it is good that people now know three players. Once they only player anyone in the public knew was Billy. If they come to games, they will get to know more players.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most people already know who they are so if theyre not going to games by now cant see some shots off Billy sitting in the back of a suzuki or cam sitting in the stands making any difference.

What happens if 2 are wiped out by season ending injuries or 4 years from now their all who the casual fan still knows and there not here anymore. Will they go to games when they see these players are missing.

For mine I prefer a more inclusive ad campaign or at least one with a bit more diversity. I mean Dane Nielsen has a much better story to tell then Cronk or Hoffman.