Tassie Trial

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who is going to Tassie

I am and know of about 12 others...if anyone else is we should all sit stand together
Monsoon
Monsoon

Squad has been named

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Neilsen
4. O'Neill
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe
14. Ryles
15. Kostjasyn
16. Blair
17. Lowrie
18. Greenfield
19. Proctor
20. Chambers
21. Waqa
22. K. Bromwich
23. Fonua

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Afew things...

- i LOVE O'Neill in the centres.
- Quinn? Really?
- Proctor and Chambers out of the top 17 intrigues me also. ( it is a trial with 10 reserves so numbers proberbly mean little, still they are top 13 material i believe)
- Good to see Fonua still getting gametime
- No Vave? Hmmm

The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No Proctor in top 17 WTF. I like Hoffman but please not over Kevin Proctor who had an awesome year. Quinny should be replaced by Waqa, otherwise opposition teams instructions every week will be Bomb to Quinns corner. Looks like Bobby Blair will play a utility role from bench. Otherwise I like the team, Hinchy finally gets off the bench.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know Dane Nielsen is a good defensive centre, but he offers absolutely nothing in attack. Why is Chambers playing second fiddle to him in this trial??? I know Danger has been first choice centre due to his defence for the last two seasons but he just cannot find the tryline (8 tries in 2010 and 6 tries in 2011 (pretty much all these tries were short range) is a very poor return for a centre in today's game) and he struggles to make a simple line break. The only reason he played for QLD was because Inglis was injured (his attacking skills were found out in Game 2 last year and that is why GI got his spot back for Game 3).

I know Bellyache will continue with his selection of Danger in the centres this year, but this is how I think the first choice wingers and centres line-up should look:

2. Duffie (Obvious choice)
3. Chambers (Is a much better player than Nielsen - can find the tryline and is good in both attack (12 tries in 2009) and defence)
4. O'Neill (Needs to play centre this season and see more of the ball, he struggled on the wing last year)
5. Quinn (I know fans won't want Quinny here, but he has experience and he adds some mongrel out on the wing. Also know how to put on a good tackle as well)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:I know Dane Nielsen is a good defensive centre, but he offers absolutely nothing in attack. Why is Chambers playing second fiddle to him in this trial??? I know Danger has been first choice centre due to his defence for the last two seasons but he just cannot find the tryline (8 tries in 2010 and 6 tries in 2011 (pretty much all these tries were short range) is a very poor return for a centre in today's game) and he struggles to make a simple line break. The only reason he played for QLD was because Inglis was injured (his attacking skills were found out in Game 2 last year and that is why GI got his spot back for Game 3).

I know Bellyache will continue with his selection of Danger in the centres this year, but this is how I think the first choice wingers and centres line-up should look:

2. Duffie (Obvious choice)
3. Chambers (Is a much better player than Nielsen - can find the tryline and is good in both attack (12 tries in 2009) and defence)
4. O'Neill (Needs to play centre this season and see more of the ball, he struggled on the wing last year)
5. Quinn (I know fans won't want Quinny here, but he has experience and he adds some mongrel out on the wing. Also know how to put on a good tackle as well)
agree with 2,3,4 but i would have waqa on the wing over quinn! he runs harder, better under the high ball and has speed to burn.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Agree with oneil in the centres. He needs more ball. But quinn on the wing is a no no! I believe his good days are over, drops the ball too much.
Waqa or maybe even fonu would surely be better then him?

Backline I would like to see:

1.slater
2.duffie
3. Chambers
4. Oneil
5.Waqa/fonu

Now just a bit on the forwards.
Again! the same as last year I think the problem was, we don't need lowrie, kostjayson and blair? There's no size or impact there coming off the bench?
I think we should go back to having 3 props on the bench. does anyone else agree?
Ryles, greenfield, vave all big boys that run hard . That's what we need. It was our problem in the finals against the warriors last year.

Forward pack:

8. bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie

Bench:
15. Ryles
16. Greenfield
17 vave

Well that's my opinion anyway.?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think we had 3 props on the bench when we first played manly last year, we won the forwards battle and the backs could move in space.

my side i would like to see is:

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Waqa - strong carries, like a young quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe - for 80 minutes

14. Blair
15. Manu - can play prop or 2nd row
16. Ryles
17. Greenfield/Vave/Lowe

18. K. Bromwich/Fonua to keep them around the senior squad
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:No Proctor in top 17 WTF. I like Hoffman but please not over Kevin Proctor who had an awesome year. .

Yes

mattstormy wrote:I know Dane Nielsen is a good defensive centre, but he offers absolutely nothing in attack. Why is Chambers playing second fiddle to him in this trial???

Yes
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if anyones over here and needs a ticket let me know b4 tonight i have a spare $15

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jason ryles out for 3-4 weeks with a hamstring strain

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Jason ryles out for 3-4 weeks with a hamstring strain

that'll happen more often when you're 33.

hhmmmm...could be Thommo Mark 2
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Probably wrong thread but Waqa, Kelly, Garbutt & Harris in 17-man squad for Tigers, 5pm kick-off. 4 of them flown up from Tassie yesterday
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thought waqa was playing fg
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I know 4 went & those are the 4 named on the Tigers website for todays game.