NYC 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote:Williame is playing today in place of Fonua, wonder if Mahe is going to get a game in fg?
THAT would be a YES - And he had three possible tries disallowed :twisted:

The bolts are also sweating on the Sharks v Cowboys game,as well as the Eels v Lizards to hang on to eighth spot :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so what do we need...a dragons loss and what in the sharks cowboys game

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:so what do we need...a dragons loss and what in the sharks cowboys <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="#">game</a>

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Sharks are currently 2 points behind us and are 36 points behind us in points difference. So we need the Sharks to lose or win by 35 or less. Not sure what happens if they win by 36 points, as we would be on same number of points and same points difference. Might come down to our record v Sharks. We beat them last week, not sure re: first time we played them.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dragons are 1 point behind us on the table in 9th.
At the 40 they are 28 & the Eels are 10
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope the Bolts enjoy Mad Monday tomorrow
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Cronulla might get up there for a while, oh well, maybe next year
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no mad monday for the boys they are wait for the VRL Grand final next weekend...sunbury made the finals and the storm boys are in the teams
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks Sally I didn`t know that..Good luck to Sunbury..
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ben Hampton and Young Tonumaipea have been named in the Junior Kangaroos train-on squad. Congratulations boys.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here are the Under 20s awards for 2012:
U20s Best Forward – Karl Davies
U20s Best Back – Kirisome Auva’a
U20s Player of the Year – Young Tonumaipea
Greg Brentnall Young Achievers Award – Young Tonumaipea

Congratulations to Young, Kirisome and Karl. If I am not mistaken that is the third year in a row that Kirisome has won the best back. That is a remarkable achievement in an under age competition.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Some deserved it this year...stepped up big time. Young is a big powerful boy with skills...watch this space! Shame Matt had his season curtailed or he would've been thereabouts prize-wise.
Karl has been consistent & must've played nearly all the games? great stuff ....exciting prospects for Storm ahead too.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if Karl is staying?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:I wonder if Karl is staying?
Sallymay looks like Karl is playing for the Mackay Cutters in the Qld Cup.
Last edited by Scooter on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.thetigers.com.au/index.php?o ... &Itemid=48

When the Melbourne Storm held a training session at Langlands Park earlier this year, a wide-eyed Christian Welch admits he felt more than a little star struck.

But for the 18-year old, rubbing shoulders with some of the game's big names will be something he'll have to get used to.

The young Easts forward has been signed up by the NRL premiers on a two-year deal and will make the move to Melbourne later this month.

"I not sure how I’m going to get past the whole awkward phase of asking for photos while also training with them," he joked.

“I got a picture with Cam Smith that night at training, even then I froze up and didn’t want to talk."

Welch is one of two Tigers, along with fellow forward Alex Barr, who will join the Storm's 2013 Under 20 National Youth Competition squad.

He's expecting it to be the experience of a lifetime.

"(Pre-season) will be intense, those first few six or seven weeks you really get hammered," he said.

"But I just can’t wait to be training, putting weight on and building up. There’s probably not a better club than the Storm to go to.

"I haven’t lived away from home... (fortunately) I’m going to a host family, to have a cooked meal and get to bed early."

The self-confessed "mad Cowboys fan" played his first junior footy for Gladstone Brothers before moving to Brisbane and donning the Easts Carina jersey.

He then spent his school years playing rugby union at Villanova Boys College, where he captained the school and the First XV.

Linking with the Tigers, Welch was a part of this year's Under 18 Mal Meninga side, playing out the second half of the season in Colts.

He says the transition back to league has been worthwhile.

"I just looked at the opportunities… I love both sports but decided to give league a shot and it has worked well so far."

Easts' Director of Coaching and Development, Craig Ingebrigtsen, says the club wishes both young men the best of luck.

"Both boys have worked really hard in our academy system. Alex is a really good Easts kid - he's a workhorse of a player and he's come all the way through our junior system," he said.

"And Chrisitan's one guy who I think has a lot of potential. We'll be following their progress closely."

Along with his football education, Welch plans to continue studying a part-time Commerce/Economic degree.

And, if he finds any down-time in between the two pursuits, there's always the sights and sounds of the city to explore.

"I've been to Melbourne twice.. I love Melbourne and I love my coffee," he said.
Good to see our relationship with the Easts Tigers starting to pay off.