Should the Storm recruit Willie Mason???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/w ... 6221310899

Should the Storm recruit Willie???

I remember the rumours in late 2009 that he was going to join the Storm (luckily he didn't due to what happened a few months later), but since the salary cap scandal is going on two years old and the club has well and truly moved on - can the Storm fit him into the salary cap?
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolutely, positively NOT!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane's little sister, I remember him packing his dacks when Cronk ran at him over at the Graveyard
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes. we need some sort of mongrel even if he is getting on in age
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes. we need some sort of mongrel even if he is getting on in age

FFS we signed thompson, why not mason? hes done more than TT
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I THINK NOT.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If anyone could get the best out of what is left of him it would be our Coach but overall I think our money could probably be better spent
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No where in that article does it say we are going to and I hope it stays that way

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From all reports when Bellyache was keen to sign him a couple years it was the board that stepped in and wouldn't allow it. Hard to see anything being any different now.
That was also around the time we were still using Brian's cheque book as well so thank christ we didn't ::)
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he would be a good signing. He would add mongel up front just like Ben cross did in 07. I think he would be cheap too

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

he brings too much off field trouble with him! its not good for the young guys or the club
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:From all reports when Bellyache was keen to sign him a couple years it was the board that stepped in and wouldn't allow it. Hard to see anything being any different now.
That was also around the time we were still using Brian's cheque book as well so thank christ we didn't ::)
I still think the reason the club's administration didn't want Willie Mason was because at the time (December '09), the Storm was at most likely at one of (if not) it's highest positions over the salary cap. If Waldron had have approved Willie to come to the Storm on a deal similar to Brett Finch (bargain basement one year deal), it would have been very suspicious and the club would have probably been caught then and there. It's funny that soon after the Willie Mason rumours, Waldron then scarpered to join the Melbourne Rebels in January '10 (most likely knowing what was going to happen) and then everything went pear shaped three months later.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

N O !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:N O !
Unconditionally, absolutely not.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NO THANKYOU

[ Post made via iPod ] Image