Blast from the Past Top 20 (#4 & #3)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

4. Dennis Scott (2005) (19 games, 3 tries) - Recruited from the Bulldogs, Scott was a consistent forward for the Storm in 2005 who ususally came of the bench. Unfortunately, after missing the whole of 2006 with injury (the year he was named in the rotating captains), Scott retired.

3. Nathan Friend (2003-06) (34 games) - Recruited from Brisbane in 2003, hooker Friend struggled to find a place in the side for three years (Friend would come into the side to play hooker while Cam Smith was on SOO duties). In 2006, Bellamy decided to give Friend more game time and played him off the bench, where he would play 21 games and appeared in the Grand Final vs Brisbane. Friend would leave the Storm and have a successful four seasons with the Gold Coast as their first choice hooker, until he was ruled out with injury for most of 2011. Friend will join the Warriors in 2012.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friend won a B&F at the Titans didn't he?

And Dennis Scott, the Storm's only captain to never actually captain, a definitely unique set of circumstances there
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Friend won Gold Coast's Player of the Year in 2009, and he became the Titans' first 100 game player. I wish he had stayed at the Storm, although I can see his reason for leaving (there was no way he was going to replace Cam as first choice hooker).

I do feel sorry for Dennis Scott though, that's why I named him on this list. He was a very good player in his time at the Storm.