Storm Network of Women (SNOW)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I just renewed my membership with Storm and I have taken the optional extra "Storm Network of Women (SNOW)" membership as well. I was wondering if any of the other ladies on this forum have done the same??

My personal circumstances changed recently and I am keen to make some new friends - if they are as passionate about Storm as I am, that's even better in my eyes. I am hoping that this initiative is successful for the Storm and I am hopeful I can expand my network through it.

I'm 38 and recently widowed so I need something to throw myself into.

Anyone going to join me??

Julie
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Hi Julie,
I have joined SNOW as well. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and would love to meet up with you as I have joined on my own as well in the hope I will meet some great ladies. I lost my mother to Ovarian Cancer last year and feel it will be good to be involved as these events will be raising funds for Ovarian Cancer Australia. I am happy for you to PM me.
Take care
Donna.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I haven't renewed yet (OK I'll get around to it soon) but I'll be in. I wouldn't have thought to join but I think it sounds worth a go, but my dog may miss out on a membership this year.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Lol Storm Sally, my dog missed out on hers this year but not because we didn't buy it for her but because they never delivered it. I rang the club prior to rejoining and there will be two events. I was told one will be held on a match day in the Kearns lounge from memory and the other will include a behind the scenes tour where women are generally not allowed on match day.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ohhhh thats got me thinking lol behind the scenes....mmmm might have to add it b4 the season starts
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sorry b4 i go that sounded a little rude so ill just came back to say Julie sorry for your loss and if you want to meet up with heaps of storm supporters inc some in your position u should join the facebook group Storm Purple army we have regular meet and greets dinners lunch's ect and also have away trips planned to trials and other interstate games where you can meet up with others...if not we can all meet up at SNOW

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

It's great to hear other women are going to get involved! I can't wait to meet you all - I certainly like the sounds of the 'behind the scenes' tour!

I am a member of the Storm Purple Army facebook group - I haven't been to any of the events yet, but I definitely will next year. Right now I am just trying to take it a day at a time and planning things for next year when, hopefully, things start getting a little easier.

Thanks for all of your support!

See you next year.

Julie
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hi Julie
Firstly, sorry about your loss but so glad you are up and about doing things to get your life back on track.
I only renewed my membership but forgot about SNOW. I'd love to be part of that scene with a couple of other friends.

I'm presuming we can do an add on even if we have renewed our membership??

Looking forward to meeting you.
anna_j
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi girls,

What a wonderful initiative by the club. I'm new to this forum and relatively new to RL, and i was delighted when i came across this thread. I'll also take the plunge and join SNOW.

I'm also joining solo and am obviously nervous about the whole experience, but if others are willing to be brave then so will i. I'd also love to meet up with you girls if something is arranged prior to the season beginning.

Julie and Donna, i'm very sorry about both your losses.

Looking forward to catching up.

Cheers

Anna
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

When I rang the Storm and asked them about SNOW, they told me that there were possibly only 2 events that we could attend.

It seems to me, reading through this thread again, there are some ladies that may want to meet up and make friends before we get a chance to do that a SNOW.

Someone suggested to me we could do this at the Family Day on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Gosch's Paddock.

What do you think ladies?

Other suggestions are welcome if you feel the Family Day is not the appropriate place.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

When I rang the Storm and asked them about SNOW, they told me that there were possibly only 2 events that we could attend.

It seems to me, reading through this thread again, there are some ladies that may want to meet up and make friends before we get a chance to do that a SNOW.

Someone suggested to me we could do this at the Family Day on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Gosch's Paddock.

What do you think ladies?

Other suggestions are welcome if you feel the Family Day is not the appropriate place.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sounds good to me...even if its just to meet up and say Hi b4 the event

mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And maybe we could have Mel Hoffman as head honcho
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

If I lived in Melbourne I would def; join SNOW but as I live in adelaide I think it would be pointless. BUT I would love to meet up with the girls from this forum when I come to Melbourne for a game.Maybe a drink before the game..
What would be a good name for us Bai girls.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallie mae wrote:sounds good to me...even if its just to meet up and say Hi b4 the event

Okay, say we make it at 3.00pm close to the Merchandise stall or can you think of a better spot Sally?

Anyway, I think this thread deserves to be a sticky, so we can post our thoughts on events, etc. or for girls like Stormy who may want to plan a meet up with the Bai Stand Girls. :-D

Otherwise we'll just have to keep bumping this thread up. With Xmas & the new year just ahead of us and everyone is busy, it might get lost.