Let's get Storm's premierships back!!!!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Maka
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

A couple of months ago I had a discussion with a representative from ASIC about how the NRL stripped the Storm of their minor and major premierships. I asked them how they allowed that to occur given that constituted misleading and deceptive to the consumer ie we pay for tickets assuming a premiership is at the end, we purchase premiership memorabilia that the NRL receives a financial benefit from. Following on from stripping Melbourne of their premierships the NRL did not take steps to notify consumers in their advertising for the 2010 and 2011 premierships that they were just interim away that could be taken away at any stage.

My complaint to ASIC is very legitimate but they have made it clear to me that they will not act unless they receive a number of complaints from the public. I am hoping that ASIC receive over 1,000 phone calls from people complaining as I have done. I need some help with marketing for this campaign and was wondering if there was anyone out there who wanted to help me????

I have just signed up to this site and don't know how it works so apologies in advance if I don't post or reply in the correct format.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Being a long time member of the Storm, I would love to see the '07 and '09 premierships (and to a lesser extent the '06-'07-'08 minor premierships and the '10 WCC) given back to the club. However, it's highly unlikely the NRL are going to change their mind.

Unfortunately, the Storm deserved everything they got. The club was more than $3 million over the cap between 2006-10. The rodents running the club at the time almost destroyed rugby league in Victoria.

Due to the actions of a few individuals, everyone involved with the Storm was punished.

While there were some great memories during those years, it's time to move on.
Maka
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi Matt, I don't disagree with anything you are saying with regards to the Melbourne Storm. I am talking as a fan but importantly as a consumer of many products that the NRL profited from for running what were advertised as premierships seasons. There were many people that spent alot of money on premiership memorabilia, grand final tickets, season tickets etc.

Your points are valid and I am not arguing that the 'Melbourne Storm' deserved not to be punished. The problem is that the NRL has acted (in my opinion) illegally with respect to the consumers of the their product, merchandise etc. The NRL has showed a complete lack of respect for the consumer laws in Australia and a complete lack of respect for the consumers of their product.

In their haste they have made a decision that has punished the consumer and there are laws in our country protecting consumers. It doesn't matter what the NRL want or don't want to do, ASIC have the power to enforce that the NRL either hand back the premierships to Melbourne Storm or compensate all the consumers.

ASIC handle consumer affairs for issues that are across more than one state. It is well within ASIC's power to order the NRL to compensate every single person afffected by their decision or enforce a reversal of the decision.

What you have to recognise is that the NRL did not hand 1 dollar back of the money they made from all the four seasons concerned. It is simply not fair that they profited by ripping off consumers, in particular Melbourne Storm supporters.

Please believe me when I say that it is very possible for Melbourne Storm to have their premierships returned.

Whoever supports me in this cause may be remembered as the person who won two premierships for the Melbourne Storm. Join me..........
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

won't happen with gallop in charge, it's too passionate and argument
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

What ive alwys been anoyd at is, the people responsible were never punished.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Let's get our Premierships back? Nice idea; but I've got a better one...

LET'S GO GET SOME NEW ONES!! :evil1:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:thumbleft: =D> :thumbright:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Maka I like what you’re saying but don’t make about get back what was taken away from the club make it about what was taken away from the people. The value of all the merchandise that was purchased with the intent that it would become more valuable with time not be made almost worthless by a non-thinking ruler of the NRL. IF I had purchased a signed framed top worth $950 I would be pissed off yes you buy because you love the club but shit you want value for money. I say go for it but not about getting back flags but making the NRL pay for not thinking things out.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as for the memorabilia value bushman, in years to come, it may even be worth more, as they are now premierships that didn't exist. The books have an asterisk only.
As you said though, I didn't buy mine with the intention of selling it
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Maka makes a valid point,the issue here is not getting premierships back for Melbourne Storm,but making the NRL and David Gallop liable for proffiteering from what they themselves class as illegal premierships ect.I know that this one seems a bit off the wall,but basically my understanding of what is being suggested here,is,that we all complain to the powers that be and in effect start a major class action against the NRL and in effect David Gallop,we won't get anything from it as regards renumeration,and a whole lot of satisfaction if successful..BUT the NRL may be hurt in more ways than one and possibly David Gallop sent on his way ..who knows,and we won't know if we just dismiss it,I think more info is needed in regards to what we have to do,and I for one will go ahead and do it.. Its like the government getting loads of money from the sale of tobacco products and that is why they won't make it illegal,because you cannot profit from something that is NOT WITHIN THE LAW and the NRL may have fallen on their respective swords here??
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I tend to agree with Rose Madder, we should not dismiss this and also agree with her that we need some more information from Maka.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be funny if the court ended up ordering Gallp to apologise, don't think he quite knows how to say sorry
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does the NRL get the proceeds from membership jerseys etc or does the club? Would hate to drag the club into some sort of action & pay backs for what they may have made during that time. Bit confused as to who gets what.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL would seem to get finals ticket money as they are in charge of it based on the debacle with seating this year
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Problem is, Storm management admitted to breaking the rules; essentially absolving Gallop of responsibility
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately