Billy Slater breaks his collarbone!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its been confirmed Billy has broken his collarbone in the 4Nations game against England..holy sh*t..how long do they take to heal?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ive been told worse cases of collerbone injurys are 8-12 weeks so according to my calender if he starts rehab over there...staying in england or coming home he will be ready to play late Jan ready for the trials or come in Rd 1

Billy wouldnt have come back to training until mid Jan anyway if he completed the 4nations so i dont think storm have much to worry about

Really if you make it out as a bad thing it will be bad...ive looked at it as one less player we have to worry about getting anymore injured

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bad luck billy - get better soon

[ Post made via Android ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just heard he is hospital and will have surgry tonight.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just read that story and was about to post it madstorm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

unless he is forced to stay there for the golden boot awards i think he should home and have the sergery done cause he has had sergery on his shoulder b4 and im sure he has a doctor that knows him inside and out

Still looking on the bright side of this billy never plays our trials anyway and tony ayoub said worst case is 2 months so thats end of jan in time for our trials

Its proberly the best time to get injured....he can get all his little niggling injurys fixed

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sad for billy, i know he would've wanted to be playing for australia, but, at least it's not major
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very sad news that Slater is out for 2 months. Would prefer him to be injured at this time of the year than mid way through the season so thats a positive. Hopefully he can get back around trials so then he will be fit for the match against the Raiders!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Disappointed for Bill, but he'll be back.

How good was his strip a couple of minutes earlier; saved a certain try.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just heard on Fox Sport News he may miss the beginning of season 2012.
I hope that's not true but I was talking to a friend to day and he's a physio and said sometimes collarbones can take 16 to 18 weeks to heal with physio treatment, the worst case scenario.

Anyway get well soon Billy, you deserve a much needed rest.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy might need to rethink his shoulders charges near the tryline, and go for a tackle. or something abit safer..
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote:Billy might need to rethink his shoulders charges near the tryline, and go for a tackle. or something abit safer..
How are you holding up Simo :P
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

haha.. not to good man.. i was like.. NOOOOOOOOOO... WHY... WHY!!????!!!!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy Slater to be fit by Round 1 by surgery to repair broken collarbone

BILLY Slater could miss February's NRL All-Stars game but should be fit for Melbourne Storm's final trial game and Round 1 next year after having surgery to repair his broken collarbone in London.
Slater badly fractured his collarbone playing against England at Wembley on Sunday morning.

Club officials want Slater to stay with the Kangaroos until the end of the Four Nations tournament rather than endure a 24-hour flight home while recovering from the surgery, which required the insertion of two pins and a plate.

It is unlikely Slater will be fit for the All-Stars game on February 14, but the fullback should play at least one of Storm's trial games.

Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said yesterday Slater could be in a better physical condition when he returns to the club in January than he was this year when still recovering from post-season shoulder surgery.

Slater did not play a trial game this year but still won the Dally M medal and the Rugby League International Federation's Player of the Year Award.

"They are saying eight to 10 weeks max, with no complications, and he's not due back until the ninth of January anyway," Ponissi said.

"Without knowing how the surgery goes, he could be in a better position than he was 12 months ago."

Slater, speaking before his surgery, was also confident.

"We've got about eight weeks off. By the time I get back to training, I don't think I'll miss too much," he said.

"I'll probably miss a little bit of contact, but I'll be happy to sit out those wrestling sessions in the pre-season."

----------------
Cheeky Bugger