Now I'm Ryled

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ryles signs with Storm

What the hell?

For a lump that big he's a powderpuff. Worse, he's up there with Gallen and Watmough for giving away ill-disciplined penalties. His defence is fair but not great and that's it; I really cannot find an upside.

Most worrying of all, the strong word from within the Roosters camp is that the reason they chose not to extend the option of his contract was less to do with the big dollars he was asking, and more to do with management's view that he was a de-stabilising influence and a poor role model for young players. This from a club that has bent over bakwards for Myles and Carney. ???

Not a replacement for Blair; not even an effective stop gap.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this already in the official signings and in 2012 team thread
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i see him being more controlled at the storm, bellyache simplifies things for his forwards and ryles should improve... the roosters culture can drain any player of their skill and potential. i see it as a positive move for him and storm
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:this already in the official signings and in 2012 team thread
Well gag me with a spoon and call me Worzel. :(

I'll remember in future not to post an opinion about anything to do with Melbourne Storm players in the section defined as
Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
because it might upset Aunt Sally.

Why don't you just toddle off and 'ave a cuppa tea and a slice o' cake?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's 'off season',so play nice children :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wasnt being rude TC i just thought that what the thread 2012 team was about but if you want to have a Ryles discussion here lets do it

Frank Ponessi said that Ryles got sick of Sydney

He was one of the roosters best players all yr playing 20 games so if he stays injury free and has a good pre season then he will be a great bench player for us and i think he along with Troy thompson can teach the 20s and the 20s who moved up to the NRL sqaud a thing or two about playing....as Frank Ponessi said on SEN today Jason called them asking for a go and Frank said he would give him ago if he was willing to work

Frank also said that he didnt think a couple of the younger guys who have potential to be BIG (and he mentioned Mclean K Bromwich) who moved up into the nrl squad were not ready for a full yr in NRL so bringing in Ryles who is only here for the yr can help the younger guys get ready for 2013 when these other boys WILL be ready
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC I think Ryles is a good pick up. Something the Storm lacked in the forward pack in 2011 was some size, it hurt us against the Warriors in prelim. Ryles brings not only size but experience. He will fill the role that Wooly and Thommo filled this year and no offence to them but Ryles is a better player than them eg former NSW and Aus rep.

I agree Ryles' discipline is a bit of a concern as is some of his offloading but I think Craig will rein these areas in. This is Ryles' last chance I think he could provide good impact off the bench and considering we are reportedly only paying $100k for him will offer more in the short term than the majority of other options available for $100k.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Worzel !!!!

Is that what they call you now..
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brian wrote:Worzel !!!!

Is that what they call you now..
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great pick up for the price IMO. Like Finchy there were more than a few that ended up eating their words and i reckon this will be the same thing. If i'm wrong i'll be more than happy to eat mine but i'm pretty confident i won't have to.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ryles is a fantastic signing... exactly what we needed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hopefully he replaces the mongrel we lost with blair
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think you guys are wrong..if he stays fit he will be a great signing and possibly our best front rower next year.

I know when brett finch and croker signed for us people thought they were crap but they are 2 of the best players to put on the storm jersey..I wish finch was still here actually he became one of my favourite players after playing for us
Brian
Squall
Squall

TC must have had surgery he looks a lot more handsome than i remember ;)
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Things you never thought you'd say about Jason Ryles...

I hope Ryles wins a premiership..