Saved our worse for last

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shattered... but angry.
They were not playing to what they are capable of.

Cameron Smith was very dissapointing.. even woeful.
Cronks kicking game was absolute rubbish.

NO kick chase.

Defence was garbage, Warriors would make 70 metres continually of a set of six.
Forward pack as a whole did not get over the advantage line, they got absolutly dominated.

Billy played the best out of the bug 3, but there was no kicks from cronk to Billy..

Beau Champion played well, proctor was good, manu was reasonable at times..

We did well this year, but the boys saved there worst for last.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree 100%

Cameron Smith & Cooper Cronk were F***** TERRIBLE!!! What the hell?

Proctor & Manu Well Done were fantastic.

F***!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Part of the problem was the huge amount of off;load we gave them - no ownder we could not dominate when every set we allowed them to make 70m but we did bugger all going forewards, no spreading the ball just try to take it up the middle.

Not much chance for Crocnk to really put attacking kicks in coz he was kicking for distance most of the time as we were pegged back.

Disappointed for sure BUT minor premiers after last year was awesome.

Now i may have to live in a world with Manly being NRL premiers and the pies AFL...can someone kill me please.....not one but two lots of ferals to deal with
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

To be honest, even if we won with a miracle play in tonight's match, we would have been slaughtered by Manly in the GF.
Good luck to the Warriors. Have a feeling they have the team to take our the trophy this year.

Happy Mad Monday to the Storm :occasion5:
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warriors were just to good, bit too much class right across the field.

I thought Cooper & Billy were worse then Cam. Some of the options they took were horrible.

Kev was easily our best on the night
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote:Warriors were just to good, bit too much class right across the field.

I thought Cooper & Billy were worse then Cam. Some of the options they took were horrible.

Kev was easily our best on the night
Cam was absolutly dismal.. Cronk was rubbish, with about the worst kicking ive ever seen from him,

Billy did some good things, run they ball well, setup a beautiful pass to Champion which kept us in the game.

Cameron gave away the penalty before halftime which was dumb.
Extremely dissapointed with Cameron.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

slaters drop ball/knock ons, cam was non existent imo and cronks kicks was that of a uncoordinated 5 yr old girl! kick a drop punt like you used too!

men of the match - guys in pink

kevvy proct and sika were our best, duffman didnt get quality ball all night, forwards didnt make a metre!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meanacing Storm u are so right we only just beat the dragons lost badly to manly lost really bad to the roosters and played terrible against the knights there is no way in the world if we had got past the warriors with some freeky try that we would have beaten manly.....they would have smashed us BADLY

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

A bit harsh.

We played well, could have played better but I still thought we put a good effort in.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam, Billy and Cooper have carried this team on their backs time, after time, after time...after time...

don't ever forget that.

They didn't have the best game, but let's not forget that they got us into this position when so many other players and clubs failed mierably.

Very proud of all of the boys, Craig Bellamy and the Club.

Very proud.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:Cam, Billy and Cooper have carried this team on their backs time, after time, after time...after time...

don't ever forget that.

They didn't have the best game, but let's not forget that they got us into this position when so many other players and clubs failed mierably.

Very proud of all of the boys, Craig Bellamy and the Club.

Very proud.
That pretty much sums things up for me I suppose. Whilst I`m gutted to be finished for the year I`m more disappointed for the boys than for myself. I`ve had the pleasure of being able to watch them week in and week out make a mockery of some of the ( so-called ) experts and their opinions and at the end of the day I have been able to go home and continue on with my own life. But for these guys this year was largely about trying to reclaim the achievements that they had earned and that have been taken from them. While I`m proud of everything they have achieved, I`m very sad for them that they couldn`t quite get to be where they wanted to be. Best of luck to those guys moving on and Go Storm for 2012!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I pretty much agree with what has been said above. Although I thought Jesse Bromwich was quite good he was only one of props who looked like giving us any go forward. There are two things we struggle a bit against big forward packs and sides that offload. We can usually handle one of those things but unfortunately the Warriors have both. This is why (assuming he has signed) Siosaia Vave in my opinion will walk straight into our 17, because he is a big unit who will provide plenty of go forward. Our forwards showed plenty of heart all season but were a little undersized.

I agree re: Cooper's kicking game. Virtually the one time we had good field position in the second half we got another set of six and then after the third tackle Cooper put in a grubber kick over the dead ball line. What the ...?

Having said that I am very proud of the boys for their achievements this year. If you had have said at the start of the year we would make the prelim I think I would have taken it.

Craig Bellamy summed it up best last night "But they've given me, they've given each other, they've given our staff and they've given all our supporters one hell of a ride this year."
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a terrible nights sleep ive had haha..

yep.. surandy you were right.. it was abit harsh what i said.. was abit angry after the game last night.

The boys have done a fantastic job all season..

This game was the most painful in Storms history for mine.. to see them lose after last year, you just wanted them to succeed so badly.
But, they have all put in a tremondous amount of effort this year.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why didn't Champion pass the ball to Duffie?
16, or even 14-12 with 10 to go could've impacted massively on that game.

I'm so gutted )-:

GO STORM 2012!!!!!!!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looking at the stats you'd think we won =/