Who would you rather play?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know one week at a time and all that but i'm sure we've all looked past this week at least once this week thinking who we'll playing in the decider should we get there. So if we win on Saturday night, who would you rather play our of the Broncs or Manly scum? Personally i'd rather the Broncs as i think we'd have their measure and i'd go in quietly confident though with Manly i think it'd be a much tougher assignment IMO. I know we were without Coops and the game meant little in regards to where we finished on the ladder, but i can't help thinking back to when they beat us a few weeks ago at Brookevale. That's not to say i don't think we could beat them on the big day should both teams make it because i've no doubt we can, i just think we'd do it a bit tougher against them that's all.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have bad memories with both teams. 2006 was bad. 2008 was a nightmare.

But this years - its not even close. I'd be much happier playing the Broncos.

Then daylight.

Then Manly.

I expect (if we get through) to be playing Manly. I expect also to be worried about copping another caning like 2008. If we play ok, we can more than match Manly - but its just that I think they intimidate our guys and will go into the GF with their silvertails up...not to mention that smug git Glen Stewart will be lining up to sing the national anthem with a big shit-eating grin on his face. Arrrrggggh

Broncos on the otherhand - yes there will be the Lockyer factor, but we beat them comfortably last time, and have done so in recent years. I'd go into the game very confident.

Go Broncos!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lockyer is out so unless a miracle happens Manly will feature in the decider...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

The only thing I would be worried about playing the donkeys would be the ref factor(ala 2006).I think we will have the players with the determination to beat anyone . :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: and giddyup can :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

2006 scares me more than 2008. In 2008 we were outplayed on and off the field, in 2006 we were beaten by the refs.
There isn't a chance in hell that we will be mind-lima'd or beaten on the field like in 2008 whoever we play.
There is every chance we will be playing against the refs should we play the Broncos.
Don't forget 2007 people. This is the premiership they had no right to strip from us and we'll be taking it back next week.
I just hope they bash the hell out of each other on Friday night.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

2008 was never going to be, we'd played ourself out of contention before we even set foot in Sydney for the GF.

The season started too early with the intensity of the WCC, then we really struggled through the representative period. By the time we got to the finals we were running out of steam resulting in us losing to the Warriors in week 1 of the finals, just pipping the Broncos in Brisbane week 2 with the contentious trial by media of Cameron Smith for his grapple tackle on Thaiday.

By grand final day we were out of puff and Manly were peaking at the perfect time and were out for revenge for the previous GF.

This year is not another 2008. I can't comment on how I think we'll go as due to not having Foxtel and Nein being bitches with showing the finals well after midnight, 1:30am I think the Broncos v Manly game is scheduled for, means that I've struggled to see any games to know who is in form and who isn't.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

either way ill be having nightmares about this match
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

I'd far prefer to play the Broncos, even if it means we may well have a greater chance of being beaten.

It will just be so much more a pleasant affair. It seems Queenslanders don't have the adversarial attitude towards the Storm that they have in NSW.

JF
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im not telling anyone what i think

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It matters not since all will be our foe !
As an old sea dog once said
No captain can do wrong if he puts his ship alongside the nearest enemy
Let battle be joined & victory ours.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taliesin wrote:It matters not since all will be our foe !
As an old sea dog once said
No captain can do wrong if he puts his ship alongside the nearest enemy
Let battle be joined & victory ours.
Taliesin you remind me of this guy
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I want Manly there, so Storm can beat them.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd like to see Melbourne v. Brisbane. Having all NSW sides out of the running would be a small victory in itself.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manly worry me a lot!
stormfan
Squall
Squall

[glow] As much as I'd hate to play Manly, I'd love to see Gallop's 2 most hated clubs in the GF!! [/glow]