David Gallop - Disgusting

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Diehard_Storm wrote:I am absolutely ropable about this filth of a CEO and his comments.

Does anyone have an email for the NRL and if so post it here and I encourage all of us to email both The NRL and cc in the Storm outlining your outrage and demanding a full apology to the Melbourne Storm fans.

The hide of this gutless *lima lima lima duck* to actually think we boo means we support the News Ltd employees who brought this club to it's knees is disgusting. We booed for many reasons David...and a real leader would understand the reasons why. *lima lima lima duck* arsehole. I dare him to come to AAMI park again. *lima lima lima duck* gutless spineless *lima lima lima duck*!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
reception@nrl.com.au...att;david gallop.I am so upset with this latest round of crap we have to put up with from giddyup.
The other week manly officials were thinking of putting extra security on for the protection of giddyup..did melbourne mention anything like that.
i have accepted the penalties handed down to us but I don`t accept giddups appalling behavior against OUR CHAMPION TEAM.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Diehard_Storm wrote:I am absolutely ropable about this filth of a CEO and his comments.

Does anyone have an email for the NRL and if so post it here and I encourage all of us to email both The NRL and cc in the Storm outlining your outrage and demanding a full apology to the Melbourne Storm fans.

The hide of this gutless *lima lima lima duck* to actually think we boo means we support the News Ltd employees who brought this club to it's knees is disgusting. We booed for many reasons David...and a real leader would understand the reasons why. *lima lima lima duck* arsehole. I dare him to come to AAMI park again. *lima lima lima duck* gutless spineless *lima lima lima duck*!

reception@nrl.com.au...att;david gallop.I am so upset with this latest round of crap we have to put up with from giddyup.
The other week manly officials were thinking of putting extra security on for the protection of giddyup..did melbourne mention anything like that.
i have accepted the penalties handed down to us but I don`t accept giddups appalling behavior against OUR CHAMPION TEAM.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

waveydavey wrote:I'm really struggling here guys. Is there anyone of us on here, or at the game on Sunday that booed Gallop, that denies that Melbourne Storm cheated the salary cap? NO.

Do we all agree that NRL, Gallop and the penalties:

1. Did not follow due process.
2. Did not take into account each individual year of breaches - I for one believe that the 2007 premiership and 2006 & 2007 minor premierships should not have been taken from us.
3. Storm were dealt with much severely than previous high end offenders - Bulldogs and Warriors - not just in financial terms, but in having to break up the squad (as crap as playing for no points last year was I can understand that one, even though it made a complete mockery of the competition in the fact that we could still stop teams from getting 2 pts - another great decision by the CEO).
4. Nobody was prosecuted i.e. nobody actually broke the law. However, the people who the NRL believe were involved - the player managers and Peter O'Sullivan, and can whom the NRL can take action against, have had no action taken against them.
5. No audits were made of the other NRL clubs. If you want to make the statement that Storm were the only team rorting the system, then back it up with indisputable evidence by full independent audits of the other clubs. The NRL auditor only found out about the Storm because of an unintended disclosure, but is happy that all other clubs are squeaky clean.
6. Gallop made no effort whatsoever to meet with the Storm players/coaches before announcing the penalties.
7. Gallop took 18 months after penalising the Storm to attend a Storm home game.
8. The decisions made by the NRL after the brawl at Brookie were bizarre to say the least - how can you get the same length of suspension for coming off the bench to break up a 5 on 1 fight as the bloke who runs 30 metres to king hit Blair (and how the judiciary could not see that he made contact is unbelievable).
9. Crap TV deal, Melbourne games not shown live, mainly after midnight.
10. Gallop is consistent in his approach to incidents - he's reactive, never, ever, proactive, and is often over the top in his response.
11. Gallop is inconsistent in the way he deals with off field incidents.

I'd also add in part of the booing was in the frustration of News Ltd handling of the whole affair, and the way they treated the independant directors whilst allowing the News Ltd directors to continue - including the financial director!!! Gallop is seen as a News Ltd puppet.

After these public comments, surely Gallop has to go? I agree with all of you, these comments are beyond disgraceful, and show a complete lack of respect for the victims of terrorism.

If you think Sunday was bad - wait until the Grand Final Gallop - unless of course you find a way to stop us!!!

This^
=D> =D> =D>
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

that manly employee and club legend gets sacked for calling a girl 'a good sort' which is used in the bush as a compliment. now this clown comes out and compares us to terrorists.... come on now, something has to be done about this! even an apology doesn't help his situation, he has to go and the nrl has to fine him on top of it! unacceptable at any level and swift action needs to be taken!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

This is a copy of an email I sent to the NRL

I am writing In relation to David Gallop's comments on Crocmedia following the Storm Qualifying Final. I was one of the 14000+ fans who booed Mr.Gallop. I am proud of my actions and those of the rest of the crowd.
No missiles were thrown, nobody entered the playing arena, and there were no other actions of a threatening nature made. It was infact a peaceful protest, a desperate plea for the man's attention if you will.
I don't believe there is one Storm supporter who supports the rorting conducted by the previous administration. We all accept what happened was wrong and most of us accept the penalties, albeit excessively harsh. The vast majority of us, as with the club, have moved on from last year and are relishing in our successes this year.
What this man fails to realize however, is that there is a lot of anger directed at the processes used to punish our club and the coldness of it's delivery. Not once has the CEO of the NRL even bothered to address the fans, who were not guilty of any wrongdoing. Instead we have been shunned for over 18 months whilst all of the perpetrators go scot free. O'Sullivan and the implicated player manager's still work within the NRL.
What David received on Sunday was a build up of angst towards an administration, and CEO especially, which has shown complete contempt towards our club since it's foundation. More particularly in the last 18 months.
Through Mr.Gallop's arrogance or cowardice he has allowed this angst to manifest to the situation he experienced on Sunday.
To then make a ridiculous analogy comparing our passion to that of terrorists shows how Mr. Gallop has expired his use within the NRL and should stand down immediately. He is completely out of touch with supporters of sporting clubs. And to make such a statement on the anniversary of 9/11 is so insensitive that it's not only offensive to Storm fans but it brings the entire NRL into disrepute, as well as Australia as a nation.
I find Mr Gallop's apology to be very insincere. He is merely trying to side-step and deflect negative attention upon himself. He still cannot acknowledge from where our angst stems.
To draw a parallel to AFL Andrew Domitreou spends many weekends traveling the country attending matches of all clubs in all states. He acknowledges that there's 17 teams in the comp across 5 states, not just Victorian clubs.
The NRL has given MSRLC very little help over the years to help grow the sport in Victoria for it's own advantage, not just the clubs. They continually negotiate ridiculous tv rights contracts which equate to none - very little FTA television or radio exposure in this state. Even this year the couple of games shown by channel 9 have come about through pressure from the fans and the club, not from the governing body.
Rugby League is the best sport in the world. Whilst David Gallop is in charge the sport will not grow to it's potential. Mr.Gallop I implore you to stand down for the good of the game.
Yours Sincerely

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bravo Go Storm

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am about to send this to the Herald Sun, NRL, Melbourne Storm, The Age and The Australian

Mr Gallop,

I was a part of the crowd on Sunday and I can assure you that the boos I directed in your direction were not an act of terrorism and were not in support of salary cap cheating.
What they were, was a democratic expression of displeasure over the way you have conducted yourself with regards to the Melbourne Storm over the past two years.
You know as well as I do that due process was not followed in the handing down of the penalties for salary cap cheating. Whilst the may well have been the right penalties to hand down, the fact that due process was not followed and that you threatened to sue any fans who wished to take this point up in a legal sense for everything that they had was not right.
Why also, are those responsible for the rorts still allowed to work within rugby league? They don’t seem to have been punished, just the fans, players and coaches which your own report acknowledged as have been innocent.
It has taken you nearly 18 months since the events of last April to come down and attend a Storm home game. Surely as the head of a league it is your duty to attend at least one home game for each club within that league each and every season, regardless of what happens. Using the events of last season as an excuse not to come down is frankly, inexcusable. Melbourne should have been your first port of call as a PR exercise, even if there was no other reason, simply to let our fans know that you understood that we were also the victims there. You make all the right noises, but, I don’t think that you get it.
You show no signs of trying to get a fairer TV rights deal for Melbourne. It is not realistic to expect people to stay up until 2am or 4am to see their team play and waiting until the next day runs a very strong risk of being told the result somehow which can spoil the enjoyment of the contest. As the head of the NRL, you should always push for live coverage, no matter how unrealistic it is because eventually, you may just win one.
I feel that it looked like you would rather be handing those trophies to anybody else, even the AFL. You looked like you were there because you had to be, even that it was a punishment to you to have to be there.
You accuse Storm fans of having the passion of terrorists for booing you. How do you think that the victims of 9/11 feel when they hear this? How about the victims of the Bali bombing? How about families of soldiers who have been killed or wounded in the line of duty in the Middle East? Terrorists who have killed thousands of innocent people. Terrorists who have forever changed the political climate of the world and who have made necessary many changes to travel and everyday life.
If you had just taken it on the chin and walked away, even made a joke or two about it, all would eventually have been forgiven. I recall a South African fast bowler by the name of Andre Nel coming out to Australia on tour a few years ago and saying a few things which fans reacted to. He was booed. Rather than react in the manner that you have, he interacted with the rowdy supporters, had a few jokes with them and ended up being a crowd favourite by the end of the summer.
Where were you last year when our boys were booed every week in foreign markets. Where was your strong sense of moral outrage when personal abuse was hurled at our hard working boys, when brown paper bags and fistfuls of money were waved in their faces, when a little boy up at Parramatta attending his first ever Storm game wanted to go home because he was so upset that the Storm players were copping it so badly? Were they showing the passion of terrorists?
Where was your sense of political correctness when Darcy Lussick said that the brawl at Manly was the best night of his life, surely that was bringing the game into disrepute in a much bigger way than a few boos. Was it merely because your feelings were hurt that this issue became important?
Is it terrorism to boo the opposition kicker when he lines up for goal?
Is it terrorism to boo the umpire when he makes a decision that the fans feel is blatantly wrong?
In summary, I do not support the cheating that went on. I do not like that you skipped due process in handing down the punishments and threatened legal action against anybody who wished to take that up. The penalties may have been fair, but, they weren’t handed down in the right way. I do not like that Melbourne has been treated like a venomous snake, avoided in case it poisoned you. I do not like that you don’t seem interested in getting live NRL into Melbourne. I don’t like that you didn’t seem to want to be there on Sunday. I especially do not like being compared to a terrorist.
If you didn’t expect to be booed, why has it taken you so long?
Your half-hearted take back of your comments fell well short of a proper apology. If the game has no passion, the game will not grow, will not build a strong supporter base and will not survive in a packed winter sports calendar.
I sincerely hope that you come to your senses and realise that you cannot be seen as the bigger person when you go further down the wrong track than the person who may have wronged you in the first place.
You comments not only cast yourself in a truly regrettable light, they also brought into disrepute our great game, our league and even our country. I hope for your sake that the rest of the world doesn’t see your comments and think that all Australians are insensitive and over-reactive. I hope that parents don’t see them and actively discourage their children from playing the sport because of them.
As far as Melbourne is concerned, you have been an absent leader, you can’t seriously expect respect when you have not given us any in return.
Yours sincerely,

Weather Forecaster

HI Mattpoet
I hope you dont mind i emailed your letter to Triple M.
You put into words what i and and a lot of other people really wanted to say
THANK YOU
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome stuff Mattpoet!! Very well written and you missed nothing. You've said everything we've all been trying to say.

stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Here is my email to NRL

Can this email please be passed on to David Gallop.?
Dear David,

I am a passionate Storm supporter. I have until today been a firm supporter of you and the hard job you have had to do over the past 18 months.
I have been to away storm games and coped my own share of abuse and saw the abuse that our players had to face at many away games last year.

I was one of the passionate supporters who booed you on Sunday. What you heard was the voice of the Storm supporters, not support for the cheating but frustration over the salary cap scandal along with frustration over the prolonged FTA TV issues etc.

I also booed the Newcastle Knights players when they ran out - yet I admire the season that they have had and enjoy watching their exciting players.

I also booed Brett Kimorley when he returned to Melbourne to play the first time (for the long protracted contract negotiations that didn't go in our favour) but I still consider him one of Storms best players who was a hero to my young League playing sons.

I can't believe that the leader of this competition would not be able to take the gamemanship of being booed for your first fleeting appearance infront of the fans who had five years of history ripped away from them - regardless of the blame for that loss.

The club has been doing everything in its control to move on and by you having this reaction you have just undone all work in relation to the fans. What do you think the reaction will be next time turn up in Melbourne? If you had done like the Storm fans and players in 2010 and copped a bit of flack we would all be a lot further down the path of forgiving and forgetting.

Instead you have defamed Storm Members and offended the sporting public in Melbourne.

And this was my response - from the receptionist:

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I will be registering your feedback below and will also pass on your comments.
You may like to read an article we posted on NRL.com this afternoon: http://www.nrl.com/gallop-responds-to-m ... fault.aspx
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

he has given supporters of other teams more ammunition to use against STORM. You can bet anything you like that supporters of other teams will make signs and sledge us because the ceo said it..funny that it is around finals time.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

tugga wrote:I put in a pretty passionate call to SEN today at around 11.15am. Spread the word.

I heard it mate. Was impressed as to how interested Kevin Bartlett was in the Storm & rugby league. O0

JF
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

As Matpoet said there was no mention of money and brown paper bags at Canberra, or the misery of a little boy from a feral parra crowd, or the Sydney Sun Heralds 'cheaters' posters issued befor I think the Tigers game.

Just who the lima lima lima duck does he think he is the egotist bastard?! All of a sudden we're terrorists. WTF
There were even some dickheads at Parra Stadium this year yelling "cheaters".

Hadley's been a wanker and John Howard was booed off stage at the MCG. A message to D.Gallop: don't lima lima lima duck with a Victorian and expect to get away with it

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

send it to rugby league week and big league magazine too
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think we've wasted more ethernet & oxygen on the non entity know as D.Gallop then it deserves - Time to focus on Week Three 8)
Let those in the media with 'other agendas' waste their time & oxygen on it :twisted:

So.......................How good was it to see a purple n white Sam Stosur victorious
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields