David Gallop - Disgusting

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit. I'll co-sign it mate. Can this, or similar, letter be written so it can be electronically signed like an on-line petition by thousands of league fans across Australia and NZ?
I know it is not just us Storm fans who feel this way. We have just been wronged more than any other club. We could probably get another million or so signatures if it were leaked onto an NFL forum or two (-;

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

News just in! Andrew Demetriou (CEO of the AFL) has announced that in an extraordinary move, the AFL has decided to present a Lifetime Achievement Award to NRL CEO David Gallop. This is the first time the AFL has presented such an award to someone outside of the game. Andrew Demetriou said "It's unprecedented. Never before has someone done so much for the cause of the AFL - particularly as we push into Rugby League heartland."

David Gallop was not immediately available for comment, however an NRL spokesman indicated that Gallop was concerned with the passion shown by his AFL counterpart regarding the Award. The spokesman said "Surely that much passion can only result in bad actions. I fear for the lives of the innocent".

Reuters.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:look out for a court case

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I wish! That + a Premiership would cap off a great year for me. Then again, I wouldnt want it to disruput our finals campaign.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hey WaveyDavey. Can I send a copy of your post to Bill O'Reilly at Fox in the US. He is the most watched news broadcaster in the world. If he believes there's a story to be told it will go out to over 20 million people.
I wonder what sooky Dave will think about that?

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:The decision may have been right but that doesn't make him any less of a *lima lima lima duck*.
The word I was looking for was f-ckwit. I just want to be clear.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I am absolutely ropable about this filth of a CEO and his comments.

Does anyone have an email for the NRL and if so post it here and I encourage all of us to email both The NRL and cc in the Storm outlining your outrage and demanding a full apology to the Melbourne Storm fans.

The hide of this gutless lima lima lima duck to actually think we boo means we support the News Ltd employees who brought this club to it's knees is disgusting. We booed for many reasons David...and a real leader would understand the reasons why. lima lima lima duck arsehole. I dare him to come to AAMI park again. lima lima lima duck gutless spineless lima lima lima duck!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

So he's essentially "apologised if he offended anyone" but he still doesn't get it.

Cam was on the radio this morning as well - here's what he said.
But coming on straight after Gallop on the same station, Storm skipper Smith said Gallop took too long to say he regretted his comments and he and his teammates copped worse booing at every away ground, especially last season, but they never complained.

"Whenever we travel away, we get booed a lot as well, is that poor behaviour ?'' Smith asked.

"We just believe that is part of the game. If we can cop it every week then I think so should everyone else.

"It's a little bit upsetting, the timing of it all. Clearly David realises now it was the wrong thing to say. I was a bit surprised it took him such a long time in that interview to say that he regretted saying it. But we move on.''
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/rugby ... 6135250645
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Direct your e-mails to the new IC members.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Go storm, if you think it will achieve anything please go for it.

Diehard -
..and a real leader would understand the reasons why
- you're missing the obvious point, he DOES understand exactly the reasons behind the booing, but he's doing what he always does, attempting to deflect attention away from his ineptitude!!!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've got over the anger. On the drive home from work today I actually started smiling to myself when I thought about just how much our booing hurt this egomaniac.
Job accomplished Storm fans!! Well done!!

He won't be able to run away from us crying on Grand Final day!!

Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Heres my rant on the Daily Telecrap article. Surprised they published it to be honest. And it's 100% true about Peter O'sullivan...surprised to see him have the balls to return to the scene of he's alleged crimes. Seriously to see him back in the stands laughing and enjoying himself...just a few feet from the coaches box was a bit hard to take.

Mike of Melbourne Posted at 12:20 PM Today
Disgusting comments from Gallop. Clearly his over-sensitive, stubbornness has reared it's ugly head again. All he needed to do was show some leadership under pressure. However, again he resorts to defensive comments, which will only inflame the situation. As a Storm fan and member, I was part of the entire crowd (not some sections...the ENTIRE) crowd who booed him. We didn't boo because we don't accept News Ltd employees rotted the cap. No, we booed because of the way he handled out the punishment without following proper process. We booed because his penalties only punished the victims and not the perpetrators. We booed because of they way he supported news limited yet attacked the independent directors who only wanted the truth to emerge. We booed because after 18 months...no individual involved has seen any charge. All agents involved still are employed by the NRL. Peter o'sullivan who worked with Waldron to rort the cap is still employed and works in the NRL and was at the game working for the Roosters - he was laughing and smiling when gallop was being booed. Lastly we booed David because it took you 18 months to have the balls to come and face the fans. Gutless
Comment 107 of 121

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
storm77
Squall
Squall

F*** he is a WANKER

I hate him for a lot of reasons however as it relates to the last year I see it like this.

The perpetrators of the "crime" were not the ones punished but it was the innocent players, the coaching staff and us the FANS.
The penalty handed down was ludicrous and the way it was handled was a disgrace.

And now this. How has he not been fired already. Can you imagine another CEO or commissioner of any sports league in the world saying anything like it.

Zombie-boy is such a F***WIT.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Has anyone ever heard Gallop apologise for anything? I don't think so. He is a lawyer what do you expect. Sorry to cause offence to Lawyers, but 99% of you are major turds. Gallop is just an inept human at the head of a poorly run sport.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

AFL Boss Andrew Demetriou had a bit of a crack at Gallop on MMM sticking up for us fans.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I put in a pretty passionate call to SEN today at around 11.15am. Spread the word.