David Gallop - Disgusting

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

My only regret now is that we limited ourselves to booing. We should've started a riot and lynched the bastard!! then his terrorist remarks may have had some justification.

I hope this unites Melbourne to back the Storm even more!!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am not at all happy with this and I will be contacting the NRL and Melbourne Storm. Ive put up with the cheat tag but Im not putting up being called a terrorist. How dare this person - he was lucky there was only 14,000 people there probably the rest didnt turn up because he was there
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

I'm really struggling here guys. Is there anyone of us on here, or at the game on Sunday that booed Gallop, that denies that Melbourne Storm cheated the salary cap? NO.

Do we all agree that NRL, Gallop and the penalties:

1. Did not follow due process.
2. Did not take into account each individual year of breaches - I for one believe that the 2007 premiership and 2006 & 2007 minor premierships should not have been taken from us.
3. Storm were dealt with much severely than previous high end offenders - Bulldogs and Warriors - not just in financial terms, but in having to break up the squad (as crap as playing for no points last year was I can understand that one, even though it made a complete mockery of the competition in the fact that we could still stop teams from getting 2 pts - another great decision by the CEO).
4. Nobody was prosecuted i.e. nobody actually broke the law. However, the people who the NRL believe were involved - the player managers and Peter O'Sullivan, and can whom the NRL can take action against, have had no action taken against them.
5. No audits were made of the other NRL clubs. If you want to make the statement that Storm were the only team rorting the system, then back it up with indisputable evidence by full independent audits of the other clubs. The NRL auditor only found out about the Storm because of an unintended disclosure, but is happy that all other clubs are squeaky clean.
6. Gallop made no effort whatsoever to meet with the Storm players/coaches before announcing the penalties.
7. Gallop took 18 months after penalising the Storm to attend a Storm home game.
8. The decisions made by the NRL after the brawl at Brookie were bizarre to say the least - how can you get the same length of suspension for coming off the bench to break up a 5 on 1 fight as the bloke who runs 30 metres to king hit Blair (and how the judiciary could not see that he made contact is unbelievable).
9. Crap TV deal, Melbourne games not shown live, mainly after midnight.
10. Gallop is consistent in his approach to incidents - he's reactive, never, ever, proactive, and is often over the top in his response.
11. Gallop is inconsistent in the way he deals with off field incidents.

I'd also add in part of the booing was in the frustration of News Ltd handling of the whole affair, and the way they treated the independant directors whilst allowing the News Ltd directors to continue - including the financial director!!! Gallop is seen as a News Ltd puppet.

After these public comments, surely Gallop has to go? I agree with all of you, these comments are beyond disgraceful, and show a complete lack of respect for the victims of terrorism.

If you think Sunday was bad - wait until the Grand Final Gallop - unless of course you find a way to stop us!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The decision may have been right but that doesn't make him any less of a lima lima lima duck.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He has brought the game, and the nation, into disrepute. What will the Americans reaction be should they CIO wind of him using a terrorist analogy on the same day as 9/11?
Absolute disgrace!! He should stand himself down immediately!!

Btw. Great post WaveyDavey. I agree with every word. Your statement should be made into a petition or mass letter against Gallop to the NRL. I'll sign it. Or send it in to every newspaper in the country. Someone will publish it.

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can some Strom fans please go dressed as Taliban members the next home game.

The more the better.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael :P wrote:Can some Strom fans please go dressed as Taliban members the next home game.

The more the better.
Let's NOT pander to a News Ltd employee & comments made in News Ltd media,since both will soon be irrelevant to the code of Rugby League in this country.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And of course it deflects attention away from the stuff that his 'Boss in waiting' is getting thrown at him -
MEMO: John Grant, chairman-elect, NRL commission.,which strangely enough was also in News Ltd media :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote:The fans were booing you because of the s*** TV deal melbournians get, and your retort as a lawyer and CEO is to call paying members and fans terrorists? Your gone gallop.
This.
I booed him, but not because of the sanctions handed down to us, but because of the crappy TV rights and because he hasn't had the balls to come down here for two years and because as a non-league state, we get no concessions for retaining players such as the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions in the AFL. We were admitted to comp and then basically told to fend for ourselves. We have done a pretty damn good job of it too.
lima lima lima duck you Gallop.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

waveydavey wrote:I'm really struggling here guys. Is there anyone of us on here, or at the game on Sunday that booed Gallop, that denies that Melbourne Storm cheated the salary cap? NO.

Do we all agree that NRL, Gallop and the penalties:

1. Did not follow due process.
2. Did not take into account each individual year of breaches - I for one believe that the 2007 premiership and 2006 & 2007 minor premierships should not have been taken from us.
3. Storm were dealt with much severely than previous high end offenders - Bulldogs and Warriors - not just in financial terms, but in having to break up the squad (as crap as playing for no points last year was I can understand that one, even though it made a complete mockery of the competition in the fact that we could still stop teams from getting 2 pts - another great decision by the CEO).
4. Nobody was prosecuted i.e. nobody actually broke the law. However, the people who the NRL believe were involved - the player managers and Peter O'Sullivan, and can whom the NRL can take action against, have had no action taken against them.
5. No audits were made of the other NRL clubs. If you want to make the statement that Storm were the only team rorting the system, then back it up with indisputable evidence by full independent audits of the other clubs. The NRL auditor only found out about the Storm because of an unintended disclosure, but is happy that all other clubs are squeaky clean.
6. Gallop made no effort whatsoever to meet with the Storm players/coaches before announcing the penalties.
7. Gallop took 18 months after penalising the Storm to attend a Storm home game.
8. The decisions made by the NRL after the brawl at Brookie were bizarre to say the least - how can you get the same length of suspension for coming off the bench to break up a 5 on 1 fight as the bloke who runs 30 metres to king hit Blair (and how the judiciary could not see that he made contact is unbelievable).
9. Crap TV deal, Melbourne games not shown live, mainly after midnight.
10. Gallop is consistent in his approach to incidents - he's reactive, never, ever, proactive, and is often over the top in his response.
11. Gallop is inconsistent in the way he deals with off field incidents.

I'd also add in part of the booing was in the frustration of News Ltd handling of the whole affair, and the way they treated the independant directors whilst allowing the News Ltd directors to continue - including the financial director!!! Gallop is seen as a News Ltd puppet.

After these public comments, surely Gallop has to go? I agree with all of you, these comments are beyond disgraceful, and show a complete lack of respect for the victims of terrorism.

If you think Sunday was bad - wait until the Grand Final Gallop - unless of course you find a way to stop us!!!

=D> =D> =D>
I was trying to put something together in much the same vein but you have summed it up perfectly. Very well said. To Tugga too also well put

Oh and to Mr Gauci, if I feel I have done anything wrong I will apologise myself. I do not require anybody to apologise on my behalf, particularly when I have nothing to apologise for. Thankyou
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I remember meeting Gallop a few years back at a preseason launch and he turned around and said to my mother he was so happy to see someone so passionate about Melbourne.
How quickly he forgets! This club was built on pride and passion and we wear our heart on our sleeves. stuff Gallop the merkin!

coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

can we as members put up a legal case for slander!!!????
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mr Gallop,

To liken the behaviour of people to express themselves in whatever way they want within the bounds of the law in a free and democratic country as being similar to the acts of terrorists who have killed 10k's of innocent people is quite simply offensive and disgusting.

You have shown a massive amount of ignorance, spitefulness and vindictiveness with your ill informed opinions and comments.

There is no if about it....you should either step down as CEO of the NRL or be removed immediately.

You are a disgrace to the NRL, the Melbourne Storm RLC, the members and supporters of Melbourne Storm and every basic human value of a civilised society.

Your willingness to draw parallels between the events of Sunday afternoon and world wide terrorism reflects appalling on you as a commercial CEO and as a human being.

You have disgraced and disrespected every single person who died in the World Trade centre attacks and should hang your head in shame.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shakespeare had the right idea.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

look out for a court case

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image