Does our CEO lack passion?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm not convinced Ron doesn't have passion about our great club, I'm however convinced he's not great at writing speeches and delivering them. He may not be a natural at this aspect of the role, but for a CEO to deliver a speech like he did on the weekend is poor!!

Ron time to get some training booked in for the off season.

I also think Ron shouldn't be apologising on behalf of the treatment Gallop received. As Cam put it - the Storm players get worse treatment every other week -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/rugby ... 6135250645

I can understand why he did it, I just feel that he shouldn't have.

Did Gallop apologise for taking so long to get his sorry arse down here?
Did Gallop apologise for the fact he can't get any decent free to air coverage for Victoria?
Did Gallop apologise for the fact that we were robbed in the 2006 GF
Did Gallop apologise for the fact Cam was suspended in 2008 finals on some bu!!shi!t charge
or that Kung Fu kid at Manly only got 1 week? (better stop now).... I don't think so!!!

So, Ron the head of our game has a lot to apologise to Storm before we should be even considering an apology for the "poor behaviour" of booing. Wow must remember that one for my 4 y/o.

I do think there have been some notable improvements at the club this year and perhaps Ron can take some credit -

I particularly like the emails we had about key events such as player resigings, Brookiegate, arguments with Nein over broadcasting etc.
And the website and videos/content available are excellent.

Let's right those wrongs and bring home that trophy. Go STORM!!!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ron Gauci...DON`T YOU DARE APOLOGISE TO giddyup ON MY BEHALF. I WILL FOREVER BE BOOING HIM FOR THE TREATMENT OUR PLAYERS HAVE RECIEVED FROM giddyup.giddyup hasn`t the balls to go after the real culprits so he goes after the softer targets..THE CHAMPION PLAYERS. The treatment they get EVERY AWAY GAME is DIGUSTING.
.MAN UP GAUCI FOR OUR GREAT CLUB.
I sent an email to giddyup yesterday and told him he doesn`t deserve an apology from me as a STORM MEMBER.I told him he was a weak ceo.I told him I accept the penalties handed down to the team but I was PROUD OF MY TEAM for the way they handled themselves in such adversity with NO SUPPORT FROM THE NRL..THAT IS WHY I AM ANGRY AT giddyup..There has never been any mention from him congratulating them on the "Points for Purpose" campaign last season.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ron Gauci...DON`T YOU DARE APOLOGISE TO giddyup ON MY BEHALF. I WILL FOREVER BE BOOING HIM FOR THE TREATMENT OUR PLAYERS HAVE RECIEVED FROM giddyup.giddyup hasn`t the balls to go after the real culprits so he goes after the softer targets..THE CHAMPION PLAYERS. The treatment they get EVERY AWAY GAME is DIGUSTING.
.MAN UP GAUCI FOR OUR GREAT CLUB.
I sent an email to giddyup yesterday and told him he doesn`t deserve an apology from me as a STORM MEMBER.I told him he was a weak ceo.I told him I accept the penalties handed down to the team but I was PROUD OF MY TEAM for the way they handled themselves in such adversity with NO SUPPORT FROM THE NRL..THAT IS WHY I AM ANGRY AT giddyup..There has never been any mention from him congratulating them on the "Points for Purpose" campaign last season.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

What's the basis for this rumor of Ron appoligising? I think somebody got it arse-about with Dickless appoligising to us for the terrorist remark.
Even though it seemed more of a damage control oriented arse-cover than a sincere apology.
Once again I think Ron's played it pretty well by just staying the lima lima lima duck out of it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i thought ron must have apologised to the joke straight after they got back in the tunnel, and im guessing it was from him and no one else. i dont think he will come out and make a formal statement.

ron is playing it smart, he wont make huge media comments in the middle of the finals, that will only distract the players as they will have cameras hanging around them for the next week. although this is a subject that should get slammed in every paper tomorrow, the best thing is to let it slide and help the boys win the comp. then after that, bring it up again :twisted:
Daveyy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i think we should stop arguing about our great CEO because of all he has done for the club... new sponsors, new signings and lots of other things... Ron is a very nice guy and is very passionate without getting abusive. i think that now we have booed gallop out of melbourne he wont return and i dont want him to return. and when the independant comission comes in he will have no more part in the nrl
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I did not mean to make this an argument of wether Ron is a good CEO or not. Just as was pointed out earlier he just doesn’t show a lot of emotion at the games or deliver a good speach to build the belief we will win. He doesn’t make you believe he cares about the outcome of the game just that he is doing his CEO thing. Is it wrong to have both passion for the game and be a good CEO.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I like my CEOs to be good at running a business, not giving passionate Braveheart esque speeches. Weird I know.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The business is people. A good CEO in most companies that are truly successful knows that people look to their leader to make the right decisions for the business and be a person that can inspire people. You must admit the speech after being awarded the minor prem was far from inspiring and a good lead into the game. I understand that we must lie down roll over put out legs in the air and let top dog have his way but that doesn’t mean he should not address the storm faithful with some vigour and enjoy the game himself.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Daveyy wrote:i think we should stop arguing about our great CEO because of all he has done for the club... new sponsors, new signings and lots of other things...
Have you looked at the corporate areas of the ground since the move to AAMI Park? The numbers look to be severely down. As for the new signings, the CEO of a club rarely has any bearing on player signings, that is more the football department's area.

What has Gauci actually achieved? Memberships were massively delayed in 2011, I'm sure we could have gotten more members had they gone on sale earlier. The membership benefits have decreased as the cost to members has increased. He continually tells supporters via emails and the website to move on and effectively "to get over it" about any issue that we the supporters are passionate about, eg judiciary matters, broadcasting arrangements, the Gallop fiasco, etc.

He did threaten to sue a passionate fan. What a great achievement that was.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was as pissed of as anyone how long the memberships took to get out this year but to be fair our numbers are at an all time high so i'm not sure that can be a black mark to his name. Also landing Crown as our number one sponsor was a massive coup given every sporting organization in Melbourne have been trying to get them for years and especially after the cap scandal. I don't like the way he tried to push onto us that we should be grateful and thankful to News when he took over his tenure and if he did in fact apologize to Gallop for us booing then i'm not real pleased about that either but i'm also prepared to give credit where it's due in regards to memberships and snaring Crown and also Harvey Norman for the bock of jerseys for the finals and back of shorts next year.

As for if he's passionate or not i don't really care either way, he was brought in to first and foremost clean up the mess of last year which is by far the most important thing to me and IMO he's on the right track to doing so. I don't particularly like him but i also don't really dislike him, he's a News yes man but as long as they own us anyone put in that role will also be as well unfortunately.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wouldn't have a clue who our CEO(s) were before Brian Waldron. And I never cared.
A good CEO should run the business side of the club with a cool, calculated head. And sort out PR matters before they get to the point of distrupting our playing group.
That I think he's done brilliantly. An area his predecessor failed dismally in.

coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Mauritian wrote:I like my CEOs to be good at running a business, not giving passionate Braveheart esque speeches. Weird I know.
100% agree
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Go Storm wrote:I wouldn't have a clue who our CEO(s) were before Brian Waldron. And I never cared.
A good CEO should run the business side of the club with a cool, calculated head. And sort out PR matters before they get to the point of distrupting our playing group.
That I think he's done brilliantly. An area his predecessor failed dismally in.

Agree & I think that description probably fits Gauci which may be why he comes across as having little passion
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I dont think he's actually done anything yet to say he's even an average CEO yet.

Memberships may be up but you can guarentee thats due to the 4 game membership that was sent out 1/2 way through the year.