Does our CEO lack passion?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Their are many reasons to hate our past CEO but he always had passion for our Melbourne team. He belived we should be supported as the AFL would and will for a team in a diifficult demographic, he stated that we got the worst of any dission made by the governing body, the refs and judictory, and was prepair to go and do the thing that he knew other teams were getting away with. Now every time our new CEO gets up and talks to us I feel like there is no passion for the team we love. Old lets stick it to them! new lets have a good game WTF is that he is suppost to be a Melbourne person but he comes across as if he dosent care win or loose what ever. Is it just me or do other people feel that way and if so lets air it so hopefully it gets back to him and we see some good old Melbourne passion its us against the rest resolve. Sorry for the spelling cant spell to save my life but would gladly give it for my team to win this year and take it all.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

100% with you mate. Waldo had fight in him and never backed down. Remember his "sooky sooky lala" at the Manly club? Lol
Anyway this guy seems more like a yes-man.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

personally....i think Gauci shows a reasonbale amount of passion for the club and team....certainly more than I thought he would when he came in from an IT background.

obviously a News Ltd lacky...but at least he tries to hide it to some degree
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I disagree, I think he has done a good job. He doesn't make outlandish comments in the media like other club CEOs. I thought he handled the 'fight night' well. He didn't whinge and complain or drag it out like Manly. Football on the field needed to be the focus of the Storm this year, not off field distractions.

Ps. Waldron f$#*ed our club I don't care how much passion he had. We will be labelled cheats forever because of him. He was a self serving man who liked to keep his face in the media as much as possible.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Totally agree Bushman, I was actually thinking the same thing when I was reading on the other topic about the possibility that Gauci may apologise to Gallop.

Apologise for what? For Storm and Melbourne being treated like pariahs by the NRL and our broadcast "partners". For being ignored by Gallop for the last 18 months other than to be lectured from afar about how we cheated the salary cap?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The attack on Gallop was so angry and sustained, Melbourne chief executive Ron Gauci felt compelled to apologise to Gallop afterwards.
source

This is the conduct of one News Ltd employee to another.
As they say............................................
The opinions expressed by this individual are not,(and probably never will be) the opinions of many who support the club.
The suits at the club did the wrong thing for 5 years & everyone got punished.
Gallop has done the wrong thing to this club from day one.
On Sunday he was punished in the only way 14,800 fans could,on the only occasion they were given by a coward.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

"The penalties imposed on the club for the systematic salary cap cheating was entirely appropriate," Gallop said yesterday.

"Some people choose to focus on that rather than the club's achievement this season so far."

Asked about the vitriol aimed at him, Gallop said: "It wasn't really unexpected. Those people who booed need to think about what they are supporting -- which is cheating the other 15 clubs, the players and the fans in the competition when they make that noise towards me."
Great - another person telling us how we feel and what we're thinking.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote:
"The penalties imposed on the club for the systematic salary cap cheating was entirely appropriate," Gallop said yesterday.

"Some people choose to focus on that rather than the club's achievement this season so far."

Asked about the vitriol aimed at him, Gallop said: "It wasn't really unexpected. Those people who booed need to think about what they are supporting -- which is cheating the other 15 clubs, the players and the fans in the competition when they make that noise towards me."
Great - another person telling us how we feel and what we're thinking.
lima lima lima duck me!

Another reason he should go, he hasn't got a clue. Has he tried reading any of the correspondence from regular Storm supporters or Melbourne based rugby league followers? Whilst here in Melbourne did he talk to at least one fan of the game?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

At one point, a pocket of supporters started chanting "Gallop is a wanker". Another fan held up a T-shirt which read '*lima lima lima duck* Gallop'. If yesterday was any indication, the supporters still carry a grudge over the NRL's decision to heavily sanction the club for its rorting of the cap.

Gallop looked unimpressed. There were no smiles from the NRL boss, even when he presented the minor premiership trophy to Gauci and injured player Maurice Blair. So loud was the jeering, Gallop's speech was drowned out. Storm fans couldn't care less.

They had no interest in hearing what Gallop had to say.
Why would we care what he has to say? He's had no interest in what WE have to say so we said it the only way he gave us the chance to.

By the way, thanks Storm for giving us that opportunity, great effort from the players and all the footy staff in 2011.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Careful Andrew - He may sue you for saying stuff like that.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And Bushman
Yes he does lack passion in my opinion. He has no idea about the game. I know he has his supporters, but I along with legal papers can assure you that I certainly am not one of them.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

JAMIE wrote:Careful Andrew - He may sue you for saying stuff like that.
I'm just stating my opinion, nothing that could stand up in a court of law as defamation or the likes. ;)
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No doubt he's a yes man who's only doing what he's told.

The Adam Blair saga illustrated that to me.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Personally I think Gauci's done a pretty good job. After what happened I think we needed someone with a level head who can lead our club forward without being flamboyant, shooting his mouth off and rorting the books.

Waldron is a dog!! Nothing he did or said will ever make amends for the damage he caused our club.

But I certainly hope no apology is made. But if he does feel obliged to then it better not be on behalf of the members and fans.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Didn't stop Gauci trying it late last year Andrew. I honestly wouldn't wish that upon anyone.