Prelim Final - Storm v Warriors @ AAMI Park on Sat Sept 24th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shame Kite didnt get abit more of a run this year, and get some expreience up.. he'd be handy to have in there tonight.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

simo wrote:Shame Kite didnt get abit more of a run this year, and get some expreience up.. he'd be handy to have in there tonight.
i thought i heard he injured his shoulder a week or 2 a go
hughzy
Squall
Squall

Maurice Blair out again!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
brewer
Squall
Squall

gutted

proud of the team this year. minor premiers, and damn near grand finalists, they should be very proud of thier year, and hopefully only go better next year

however, Proctor, Norrie, and Hinchy. these blokes can hold their heads very high tonight. gave everything they had, and more

thank you to wooly and lowe, you guys did your job very well this year, good luck in your futures after footy
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good year. Awesome effort. Proud of the boys. Go Warriors!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warriors too good.

My concern levels were very high 15 minutes into the 1st half, Warriors props in particular were just to big for our pigs and that had a big effect on the match. Also feel the amount of pressure the Warriors halves take off each other was in direct contrast to us, where either Gareth doesnt take enough control or Cooper doesnt let him (I suspect its the latter).
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gareth doesnt take control because he's just a ball runner, agaisnt the roosters you coudl see that.. Gareth has nothing
when trying to take control, he's a fullback playing a running 5/8 roll.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Our right edge was very poor tonight, in attack and defence, beau had a couple of early runs but got sticky fingers when it mattered, we did have a chance of getting down the right edge but did not tip on. Cooper is just to dominant down the right and his last takle options were dire. When we went to the left is was'nt clean ball.

I thought the Warriors played well but we should have had the game to beat them had Cooper brought his kicking boots.

Gutted right now.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That may be the case but Cooper has a history of finding it hard to let go of the reins. He did it with GI, he at first did it with Finchy, and he does it with Gareth.

If Gareth wants to make it at at 6 he has to take more control. Not that it was a defining thing tonight, but something that needs attention in the offseason
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was in reply to Simo
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

simo wrote:Gareth doesnt take control because he's just a ball runner, agaisnt the roosters you coudl see that.. Gareth has nothing
I think you will find when we played the Roosters the first time he had total control and we came away with a great win. The problem is Cooper thinks he is the be all and end all of our attack and has no faith in is halves partner. Gareth proved tonight that he has great hands by opening a big hole for Sika to stroll through!!!
Molly
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Disappointing loss to state the obvious. I really think the penalty prior to halftime was critical, we had momentum going into the break and those 2 pts really changed the focus at half time and the second half. Poor night to bring our worst kicking game of the year as well.

Glad that it was decided by the players, only getting 1 penalty all night, I think within the first ten minutes made field position a constant battle.
Warriors were just too bloody good tonight, I really hope they havent played their GF tonight though, I will be cheering them on.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote:
simo wrote:Gareth doesnt take control because he's just a ball runner, agaisnt the roosters you coudl see that.. Gareth has nothing
I think you will find when we played the Roosters the first time he had total control and we came away with a great win. The problem is Cooper thinks he is the be all and end all of our attack and has no faith in is halves partner. Gareth proved tonight that he has great hands by opening a big hole for Sika to stroll through!!!
It was an even split that night between Gareth & Bobby.

Theres 6 years worth of stats to show we are at our best when Cooper DOESNT handle the ball so much.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:
BigG wrote:
It was an even split that night between Gareth & Bobby.

Theres 6 years worth of stats to show we are at our best when Cooper DOESNT handle the ball so much.
I agree, could of done with Bobby in tonight.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i just saw somthing thats made me go crazy who would have thought players smoked wow....oh well i guess its the end of the year for them now

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image