Prelim Final - Storm v Warriors @ AAMI Park on Sat Sept 24th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Email just received from the NRL indicating that our final will be on Saturday Sept 24th at either AAMI Park or Etihad, depends who we play. Kickoff time is not decided yet either.

Tickets go on sale to members at 10am on Monday Sept 19th.

Presumably if we play Tigers it will be at AAMI Park or Etihad if we play the Warriors as we get large crowds against them.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think they are both Prelims are night games. Do the AFL have night prelims on Saturdays?
Last edited by MENACING*STORM on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think you've got it right with the Tigers at AAMI Park and the Warriors at Etihad. Obviously I'd prefer AAMI Park for both but I think we could push 35-40k with the Warriors at Etihad.

For some reason I thought week three tickets went on sale tomorrow so I started telling people that. Whoops.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think they are both Prelims are night games. Do the AFL have night prelims on Saturdays?
It would be good if there are no clashes, as it would boost the crowd and ease the Swan Street congestion
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

MS, I think that's why they are holding off announcing kick off time.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:MS, I think that's why they are holding off announcing kick off time.
hee hee makes sense 8-[ Thanks Surandy
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure it will still be a night game, prelims are prime time viewing into NSW and QLD.
The earlier the better for me, and hopefully at AAMI, I paid 200 bucks for Motley Crue tickets months ago and it's the same bloody night!!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I have to thank channel 9 for something - they set the starting time of our game yesterday and it was perfectly staggered with the massive AFL game at the MCG - so we weren't all on the trains/roads together coming in OR going home. I hate it when they are scheduled to start or finish at the same time - it is just inconvenient for everyone.

Let's hope the same happens for the next game.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully it's at AAMI Park. Last time we played the Warriors there was probably more of them than us there. So if we sell out AAMI with Storm fans it'd be better than a 50/50 mix at Etihad

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'd rather play the West Tigers.Not that I have any doubts about playing the Warriors.
It pisses me off when so many 'Storm fans' suddenly become rabid Warriors fans for 80 minutes.
Fine you're a New Zealander but we don't play the national team,we play a club team :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

^^^^ Amen to that. Last time we played the Warriors there was a huge chant for them coming from somewhere near us and when you looked the chant seemed to be coming from a load of people in Storm jerseys which was pretty poor.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will be playing the joint venture. THe Warriors won't beat them.
I think either side can exploit us to be honest. Knights started throwing the ball around a bit in the last 15 minutes and it made us nervous. Tigers and Warriors play like for 80 minutes so it will be a big test.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:MS, I think that's why they are holding off announcing kick off time.
What, so they can put us against the AFL? Probably. >:(
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL just announced it will be played at AAMI park

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we play one of the two teams I DON'T want to play against. Terrific.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image