My Personal Opinion on the Salary Cap Drama

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I found these articles on the SMH site this morning talking about how far we have come since last year. Masters has been effusive in his praise of Storm but you can almost feel Hinds grinding his teeth having to write anything positive about us :-D

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1k1u9.html

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1k1tz.html
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Masters article great.

The other one missed the point quite deliberately...
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The one thing which galls me about the whole salary cap issues is than not one person has been actually penalized in the whole fiasco whether it's managers or former employees, only we the fans.

The other thing is that we actually one those two premierships, we were not able to keep them but we actually won them whatever the Northern Media says
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can you say that only us fans were penalised.I would say that Craig ,his coaching staff and players were penalised more than us.That is why we support them so avidly .
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

us fans lost a little, but the players and the staff lost a lot more! we feel punished but those guys were the guys who had something they fought hard for taken away from them

the guys have been saying all year that its in the past and they have moved on.... but im hearing little pieces from all the staff and players that it still hurts, and i think it has been driving them right to the top of the ladder and now on towards the premiership. this year is personal and they wont stop until they get what is rightfully theirs!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the coach and Players must get sick and tired of answering the same media questions. The media have had the same set for the last 2 seasons..I get sick of listening to 2GB saying our no name players have done well.I sent them an email today to ask them why they don`t call seagull,donkeys pussies players players no name.
I would say they have been very serviceable for us. I wouldn`t say Woolie,thommo etc are no name.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:I wouldn`t say Woolie,thommo etc are no name.
Even if they were no names, they're certainly not now - at least at the Storm.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think the coach and Players must get sick and tired of answering the same media questions. The media have had the same set for the last 2 seasons..I get sick of listening to 2GB saying our no name players have done well.
Hm ? side note to 2GB,etc...................

Maybe it's that 'Someone' saw massive potential in those players you keep calling 'no names'.Where as you & your peers chose to blow smoke up the arse's of over paid,over rated stars at clubs that have just failed when it counted :twisted:
Came to The Team - Played for The Team - Won with The Team
Simple ain't it
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said bourb & absentee.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
I think the coach and Players must get sick and tired of answering the same media questions. The media have had the same set for the last 2 seasons..I get sick of listening to 2GB saying our no name players have done well.
Hm ? side note to 2GB,etc...................

Maybe it's that 'Someone' saw massive potential in those players you keep calling 'no names'.Where as you & your peers chose to blow smoke up the arse's of over paid,over rated stars at clubs that have just failed when it counted :twisted:

Came to The Team - Played for The Team - Won with The Team
Simple ain't it

Hi BR , I really like that. I sums up so much about our team`s philosophy and player policies very simply. Would you mind if I used it please?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

No Problem.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cheers!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone see today's paper (Sun) small article about the delay with the player agents case. Those 4 represent half the competition. Oh I cannot wait to hear what they spill when they have their accreditation stripped! The other big names that will be implicated at other clubs will be phenomenal!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

The other big names that will be implicated at other clubs will be phenomenal!
And that's why they will never have their accreditation stripped!!! Gallop and the NRL must be proven to be right at all costs when they state that only the Storm were cheating the cap. That's all that matters to them, certainly not fairness or justice!!!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If that happens then the NRL lose even more credibility. I reckon league needs a makeover like when they got rid of all the crims out of the NSL a few years back.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image