2007 & 2009 Premierships still belong to the Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Craig Bellamy says 2007 and 2009 premierships stripped for salary cap rorting still belong to Storm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6131462888

THE record books might not agree, but Storm coach Craig Bellamy says the salary cap rorted premierships of 2007 and 2009 still belong to Melbourne.
Bellamy, Dally M coach of the year for 2011, made the claim at last night's awards function in Sydney - a function dominated by Storm players, who took home six awards.

"The people at our club, whether right or wrong, we believe that we won those premierships and we will always think that way," Bellamy said while accepting his gong.

"We know how hard we worked throughout those years."

Bellamy held off the challenge of Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Griffin to win this year's title, built around his stars Dally M medallist Billy Slater, hooker Cameron Smith and halfback Cooper Cronk.

``Especially after what happened last year, to build the club back up to where we want to be and where we expect to be was a really big job,'' Bellamy said after receiving his award.

``It was pretty tough last year too I must say. It certainly wasn't easy. Half our squad came in and to get them to play the way that we want to play, our style, was a big job at the start of the season,'' he said.

``But the guys who came in really bought into the way we wanted to play and the things we wanted to do.

``I'd like to pay a really big compliment to the three players (Smith, Slater and Cronk), they call them the big three, but I think they've been the main ingredient to what we've done this year.

``They've been fantastic on the field but they've been unbelievable off the field as well.''
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like how they took something Craig said and turned it into what is essentially a "Melbourne are arrogant cheaters" piece by slapping that headline onto the article.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Must be finals time.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

loved his speech though.. with Gallop standing behind him.. was sensational!
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Missed the speech, is it online anywhere???
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if Gallop could show balls like that if the situation was reversed...

What am I saying?

Of course not!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote:I wonder if Gallop could show balls like that if the situation was reversed...

What am I saying?

Of course not!
It's not his lack of 'balls'.
It's the no nonsense,direct,honesty with which Craig spoke.
Gallop has never possessed that set of qualities & never will.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

BTW - The terrorgrapgh may regret putting it to a 'public poll'

Yes - 1330 No - 992
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like it, the telegraph readers run the league, some hope? (he asks tongue in cheek)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what was the poll

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:what was the poll

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

I voted, everyone on here should have a vote and make sure it stays in the YES.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6131462888
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

simo wrote:loved his speech though.. with Gallop standing behind him.. was sensational!
It came straight from his heart too...

btw did anyone else notice, Gallop seemed a bit tipsy?.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes 1691
No 1447

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image