Dally M Awards 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I SO TOTALLY ENJOY WATCHING STORM PLAY(yep even when we lose).I agree with you "Go Storm".Michael can you please tell me if any of our players polled last season..I really don`t think they were allowed to get any votes..
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In fact I think they polled better then they should have because Lyon, Dugan & Thaiday had better years imo.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Se the previous page Stormy, we had 2 players finish in the top 10 and lucky to do so imo.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

thanks Michael. IMO they polled really well in a very hard year. considering they didn`t have anything to play for they did win more games than anyone thought they would. So proud of their efforts last year.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't disagree with that

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just googled last years results and Billy won Rep Player of the Year. I do now remember thinking at least we got recognized for something.
Even though it was a hard year I still reckon Smithy was a better hooker than Farrah last year, and Billy a better fullback than Boyd. The captain of the year must've been a close call between Smith and Anasta. Keeping that team together each week last year, and remaining extremely competitive most weeks, was an enormous effort.

Perhaps they were worried that their TOTY would've been over the cap?? LOL

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well done to Cooper, Cameron, Craig and Billy on all their awards last night. Was good too see that Cronk got the halfback of the year ahead of Thurston too! What an achievement to have 3 players from the same team all amongst the top 10 players. Love it, well done to the boys!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It was great when Billy won the award the camera swung to Thurston was clapping and he looked as tho he was really pleased for Billy
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The main thing is that we got acknowledged this year. All we have to do now is string together a good month and we're laughing all the way!!!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Now for this garbage I read this morning and didn't know whether to post on forum but I've been stewing on it all day and I didn't want to be the only one that is feeling disheartened

Part of the piece from "The last word by Danny Weidler"

Quote:
News Ltd's Dally, Um

Part which reads as follows "With the game starting fresh, its time for a fresh award. One of the main reasons for an independent award is to stop rumours such as the ones that circulated during the week - that someone tipped Craig Bellamy off that it would be OK to rest Billy Slater because he was already over the line for the Dally M medal. it was just a rumour - but it doesn't help the award's credibility" End of Quote
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The last word by Danny Weidler
Sadly this is not the case,though to remove this person from the literary scene would greatly enhance the beauty & truth of the written word.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields