FINAL 1: Storm V Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So with all the injuries team will probably be like this.

1.Slater
2.Duffie
3.Neilsen
4.Champion
5.Quinn/Waqa
6.Kostjasyn
7.Cronk
8.Bromwich
9.Smith
10.Norrie
11.Proctor
12.Manu
13.Lowrie

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Kite
16.Vea
17.Woolnough
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It get worse.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said Widdop could be sidelined for up to a month and Lowe for 2-3 weeks.
Last edited by The Mauritian on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:It get worse.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said Widdop could be sidelined for up to a month and Lowe for 2-3 weeks.

Can't afford to worry about who's not there...just got to get on with it based on the team that can be put on the park.

It's more disappointing that bobby, gaz and lowey might miss out given that they have been so important to Storm finishing no 1 and playing finals in 2011
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
hughzy
Squall
Squall

Hopefully bellamy gives niko or chisohlm a go ahead of champion this week!
Or have Quinn on the wing with waqa in centre maybe.. ?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd go with:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Maurice Blair (Hearing precautionary, should be ok)
4. Dane Neilsen
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Rory Kostjasyn
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Atelea Vea
12. Sika Manu
13. Kevin Proctor

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Sione Kite
16. Jack Afamasaga
17. Todd Lowrie
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He won't leave champion out if widdop doesn't play so it wil be blair to 6 if he's fit I reckon.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we talked to ron guchi after the game and he said bobby was ok and was gonna go back on but by the time he was ready there really wasnt any point....he also said that gaz had the exact same injury as coops...jaiman walked to the bus and said he has been told it isnt as bad as first thought

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanx for the heads up Sally
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd go with:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Maurice Blair
4. Dane Neilsen
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Rory Kostjasyn
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Sika Manu
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Sione Kite
16. Troy Thompson
17. Atelea Vea

18. Elijah Niko

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The positive thing is that if we can get the win this week it it'll give those players 3 weeks (from last night to the prelim) to recover from the injuries which hopefully should be enough time.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dunno how this game is gunna go.. Could be a tough game.. i think Storm will be rusty early.. they need to defend well right from the start..
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There's no way Bellamy will put in players yet to experience first grade, into a finals match. However, I felt Kite did enough on Sunday to earn a spot covering for the injured Lowe. We definately need a big man, and no disrespect to Troy Thompson, but he's just not that sort of player. Woolnough is lucky to retain a spot IMHO. He got based (again) by the Roosters big men. But, since we're down Blair and Lowe - we aint got the depth. Maybe Thompson would be the better pick, but Woolnough has played more footy. Vea was outstanding I thought in a badly beaten forward pack.

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. M.Blair
5. Quinn
6. Kostjasyn
7. Cronk

8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Bromwich
11. Proctor
12. Manu
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Lowrie
15. Woolnough
16. Kite
17. Vea

I just hope we can do enough to cover the absence of Widdop and get past the Knights (who will play like there's nothing to lose) and give Widdop a chance to come back in a fortnight's time. With hyperbaric chambers and other things, he should be good. I just hope theres no significant ligament damage. To have him out for rest of season would be a huge blow to our team. He's one of our best week in and out.

Barring injury to Bobby Blair, I feel Waqa may not come back into the side. Champion I think may get the nod over Sisa, who's not been given the opportunities for more than a few weeks now.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good news I suppose - Maurice Blair is fine to play this week, only had some hamstring tightness last night. Widdop will miss two weeks which may only be one game if we can beat the Knights this Sunday afternoon. Jamain Lowe is out for one match most likely.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

yep.. great news..
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote:Good news I suppose - Maurice Blair is fine to play this week, only had some hamstring tightness last night. Widdop will miss two weeks which may only be one game if we can beat the Knights this Sunday afternoon. Jamain Lowe is out for one match most likely.
Great news about Blair. I suppose that means he`ll go into 6 for Gaz unless they decide to play him wider and leave Kostjasyn there? I never thought I`d be saying this but I hope Lowe pulls up and can play. I haven`t been a big fan to be honest all year but the last few games I`ve noticed that he is really starting to have some consistent impact and is hitting the line hard
Having said that I was stoked to see Kite play last night. He had some really good runs and was hitting the line well too