Adam Blair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It seems that he's played his last game for us.

Thanks for the memories
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i will only have 2 memories of blair playing for melbourne, the fight and the try he set up last year for tolman in the last round. why didnt we get to see more like that this year? i think tigers will give him a license to do that stuff and he will be a superstar
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hes ended the best period of his career on a sour note. what a horrible last impression.

bye adam
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lets hope he doesnt contine it at the tigers and keeps up being good and doent end up .... like most players who leave
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He has played every game this year and is a bigger loss than a lot of people think. Bad luck for Blair. 2006 plays in losing grand final. Injured and misses 2007 premiership. 2008 Plays in losing grand final. 2009 title gets stripped off him. Then in 2010 the year of redemption 1 round before the finals it all over. All because Manly Scum Lussick had to punch Hinchy(how did lussick not get a striking charge). Well done Adam Blair have enjoyed watching you play these last 6 years. Tough and Skillful. I'll remember his awesome form through 2009 finals series, and 2006 off the bench was immense. And that crazy line break from last year i think when he had arm raised above his head holding ball. Freakish. Only 25 and best form ahead of him. Will miss ya Blairy, one of my favs. Ps. Glenn Stewart better get at least 4 weeks.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good luck Adam, I just wish you weren't leaving us.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gonna miss Blair. Still remember his first game, ironically against the Tigers. He had the massive beard going and after a couple runs I thought he'd be a star. Showed great footwork and had a handy offload.

Hate that his Storm career ends this way. He always turned up in the finals :(

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he is only 25 3 yrs at the tigers makes him 28 really he could end his career back at the storm....1 or 2 yrs would bring him to 29/30

How old are lowe and norrie now like 27/28

Maybe we havent seen the last of blairy

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Been a legend for us and the Kiwis, was a very important factor is our dominance between 2006 and 2009 plus his leadership this season has been extremly important for the likes of Bromwich and Proctor. Thanks for the memories Blair, you have been outstanding for us!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good luck in your career at pussies.hope your 2011 form continues at the pussies but hope you don`t turn it on against us.This season I feel you went missing in action for most of the 2011 season.Spose you had to keep from being injured for your next club.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He was possibly best on ground in the 2nd half of the 2009 GF. We wouldn't have won that game without Blairy's superb efforts both in defence and attack.

2011 hasn't been his best year, but he's played every game and put in a lot of work. He's even played 80mins on at least one occasion. Without razzle dazzle and epic try's often forwards are not recognized for the hard work they do up the middle and in defence.

He was the master of the off-load.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the work Adam, one of my favourite players. Was disappointed how he was handled over the Waldron years and very dissapointed he has to end on this note.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I saw Frank Ponissi on a news conference and he said its unfortunate that Blair has played his last game for Storm. Then he paused and said "for now anyway".
Perhaps we may see him back after 3 seasons of struggling to even make up numbers in the 8 with the Tigers?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good luck to Adam. It's a shame we are saying this now instead of on a happier note but I expect the Club will farewell him at the proper time and place and in the proper manner, the way he deserves. He made a mistake that resulted in consequences he didn't foresee & is now gutted by the outcome but imo his actions afterwards has put things right to a large degree, for me anyway - apologising, admitting guilt, and taking the punsihment. His mana is intact, kia kaha Adam!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Champion player. Good luck to him. Been abit of critism to him this year, but he has played long minutes.. i think he's been outstanding this season.
His presence will be missed during the finals..