storm vs roosters official thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There's no way now that Bellamy will drop Jaiman Lowe.

He's the new enforcer. Look for him to step up in his new role.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

Is Maurice Blair playing thought he was due back this week?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Daveyy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

it says on the website that maurice is back in the qualifying rounds. i would like to see thompson play maybe drop atealea he has been solid but nothing special. thommo is a great player
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i see vea as a great back rower! runs straight and works hard, he just needs more time on the paddock for people to see it. he deserves his spot and should keep it imo.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

^^ agree... works hard, runs hard! Solid player i think he deserves his spot too ,
although i'd like to see kite get a run .. His a really good foward! Runs it straight and hard and we need a player like that coming off the bench.
Anyone no if his playing good in nsw cup? And do you think he'll get a go by end of season?

The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

hughzy wrote:^^ agree... works hard, runs hard! Solid player i think he deserves his spot too ,
although i'd like to see kite get a run .. His a really good foward! Runs it straight and hard and we need a player like that coming off the bench.
Anyone no if his playing good in nsw cup? And do you think he'll get a go by end of season?

Only if a front rower is injured Hughzy. Hasn't played first grade all year so very unlikely.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldn't mind seeing say Vea, Afamasaga, Kite and maybe one other get a run as a trial for that final position the week after (K.Bromwich maybe haha wishful thinking)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

kite and/or afamasaga are needed for this match.

frank paul (if he plays) and a few of the new sydney forwards are going to be fired up, theyve got nothing to lose and everything to gain. they will hit hard straight down the middle and we need someone with size, aggression (controlled) and grunt.

im predicting the roosters to come out firing like the warriors against us on ANZAC day.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm training today is open im heading down to have a sqiz

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you could keep us posted with anything not too secret then, that would be great, thanks mate. ;D

GO STORM
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

gee things have changed in last couple of weeks. We are limping into this final series. If we lose to roosters then we are no chance. Teams will smell blood and attack. Attack is what we should be doing. Remember the style of play early in the year. Exciting and fast, the best we had played for years. Im getting sick of this conservative through the middle approach. With blair gone we need to change. Attack attack attack. Thats the solution i reckon.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Proctor on the right edge permantly, which is his best spot, will more then cover for the loss of Blairy.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The conservative up the middle and defend with your life routine has seen us play in every genuine GF since 2006. Where has the exciting and flambloyant approach got the West Tigers over that period?

We definately need to lift our first half intensity, but not our game plan. We are the fittest club in the comp'. We play to our strengths, which is a fast and furious finish in the final 20 when most other clubs are fatigued.

Manly came at us red hot last week. That first 20 was like watching origin, it was such a fast paced game. For us losing a forward hurt more as our 'old men' had to work harder than usual. No youthful enthusiasm from Bromwich last week.
And don't forget we've missed Coops and Blair for the past two weeks, pretty handy players.

I'm sure the spark will be back this Sunday. But it ain't worth an injury over this game, especially if Broncos Beat Manly earlier.
The first final at AAMI they won't know what hit 'em. That's when the psychological battle will begin.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:gee things have changed in last couple of weeks. We are limping into this final series. If we lose to roosters then we are no chance. Teams will smell blood and attack. Attack is what we should be doing. Remember the style of play early in the year. Exciting and fast, the best we had played for years. Im getting sick of this conservative through the middle approach. With blair gone we need to change. Attack attack attack. Thats the solution i reckon.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Dunno about that Mauritian. We have the best backbone in the business, a lot of good outside backs and a bunch of forwards who have shown that they are prepared to get in there and do the hard stuff. Ok so we`ve lost Adam B, which is a shame, but he hasn`t exactly set the world on fire consistantly this year. I know the last couple of weeks have been rather trying but I wouldn`t say that we`re exactly in a bad spot. Coops and MB should be back this week and we`ve got a few forwards that have come back from injury to give us a bit of depth if they`re needed. I`m just hoping the guys don`t let last week prey on their minds. If they continue with the mindset that they`ve used all year and stick to one game at a time and concentrate only on that game, we`ll go deep into the finals. Go Storm! :-D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I also hardly think it's time for panic stations just yet either. There's no doubt we put in a shocker last week but i reckon given we won the rec 12 straight previous so that shouldn't just be forgotten about. That hole we played at last week has always been our bogey ground and given we had to do it without our number one play maker it was always going to be extra hard. Of course we have some things to work on but if we get back to our game plan against the Chooks that's worked so well for us and which has most likely won us the MP then we'll be back on track. In all honesty i don't care how boring we might look when we go about our business, if it gets us the win and all the way to the GF then that's all that matters.