storm vs roosters official thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

You take out Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Sika Manu, Adam Blair, Bryan Norrie, Jesse Bromwich, Gareth Widdop, Maurice Blair, Jaiman Lowe and Sisa Waqa (Thats 10 out our regular 17 OUT) And throw in a rusty injury returning Cronk, against last year's Grand Finalists, on a 4 game Hot streak, at their home ground in a game that meant nothing and the boys find out an hour before kick off the result is irrelevant because we have the Minor Premiership in the bag.. I don't know why it's such a shock that we got hammered, we will be ok that was essentially our premier league side. Duffie, Vea, Kite and Kostjasyn the standouts for me.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lowrie played a good game too. Was involved in everything. Hinchy and Kostjasyn didn't control the ruck nearly as well as Smithy would have. Vea was very handy. Duff was ok, nothing exceptional.
I thought both Jack and Kite looked good at times. Thommo was good too.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Kite was our best forward and hope he may keep a bench spot if Lowe misses out. Big Jack made a couple of good promising runs in the first half but made a couple of errors in the second half. With a Storm pre-season under his belt Jack will be a good addition to the team next year (assuming we re-sign him).

FYI, Jack is now the first person on the list of players alphabetically to play for the Storm (he is above Russell Aitken).

Todd played reasonably well but made two mistakes, one where he lost the ball on second tackle a metre from try line and one where he gave away a penalty after not getting but the extra metre at a 20 metre tap by Chooks.

Vea was also good but again made a bad error in being offside at a kick off just before half time.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i totally agree with you 1999 it was our reserve side....can anyone tell me has copper ever had a win as captian....i think he may have won one

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:i totally agree with you 1999 it was our reserve side....can anyone tell me has copper ever had a win as captian....i think he may have won one

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Cronulla, qualifying final, 2008
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was that the "zip it" match?

The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:On a positive note Kite was great 113m from 11 hitups. He we probably replace Jaiman if his knee is buggered. By the way if the Storm did that tackle on another team the media would whinge for 3 years. Vea also was pretty handy, a couple of missed tackles, but who didn't. Champions try was not a try either lol.
He’ll probably get a couple of weeks. On another note, I’ve asked the NRL to look at how Waerea-Hargreaves twisted Jaimon Lowe’s leg before he came off with a knee injury yesterday. I reckon he may have caused the injury.
Phil Rothfield
Mon 05 Sep 11 (11:17am)

Good, I am not the only one who thinks this was a dog of a tackle by the Cheif Dog himself JWH
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I noticed a few tackles involving that leg twisting technique. Obviously it is something practiced and not an accident.
Why is it that our wrestling techniques, which are aimed at slowing the play the ball, are heavily scrutinized? And yet other clubs techniques, which are aimed at causing injury, are not?

Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dissapointed that we rested everyone, got what we deserved though, any team would have gave that team a touch up last night but i guess the resting player thing is justified when you look at Widdop, Blair and Lowe.

Noone was outstanding of cource but i thought Vea was impressive with decent minutes, shame he's on the way out.

As for Afamasaga and Kite, didn't think much of either of them to be honest. Afamasaga had two unforgivable errors in a row coming out of our own end. Gave a few lazy penalties away too. Kite was ok, put his hand for a work alot but for such size i didn't think he made a whole lot of impact. Can't be too crictical though, they were just thrown in the deep end last night and ended up with just one healthy player on the bench, was gonna be tough for anyone.

Champion looks pretty horrible, i was happy getting him for GI at the start of the season. He was a much better player at Souths. Now he offers nothing in attack and is totally lost in defence
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Mauritian wrote:
The Mauritian wrote:On a positive note Kite was great 113m from 11 hitups. He we probably replace Jaiman if his knee is buggered. By the way if the Storm did that tackle on another team the media would whinge for 3 years. Vea also was pretty handy, a couple of missed tackles, but who didn't. Champions try was not a try either lol.
He’ll probably get a couple of weeks. On another note, I’ve asked the NRL to look at how Waerea-Hargreaves twisted Jaimon Lowe’s leg before he came off with a knee injury yesterday. I reckon he may have caused the injury.
Phil Rothfield
Mon 05 Sep 11 (11:17am)

Good, I am not the only one who thinks this was a dog of a tackle by the Cheif Dog himself JWH
yeah that tackle made me filthy.. JWH is a grub.. More attention should have been brought to that tackle.. Hopefully the NRL look at it..
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Beau was a hell of a lot better than previous efforts, i think he outplayed Quinn easily, also rewatching the game now Lowrie was really strong.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The JWH tackle was shocking. He's a lima lima lima duck grub and the only person who's ever stood up to him is little Isaac Luke.
We need some mongrel in our team.
I saw Kite a little pissed off at times last night but the big roosters boys were busy sucking up to him.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think after a pre-season with us, Afamasaga would do quite well in purple.