So, what now?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i think all our other players will be safe from suspension i reckon it's fair to say we'll lose Adam for at least a couple of weeks. If that's the case how do you think his absence will affect us and how would you rearrange the team to help counter his loss?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Hinchcliffe will get charged for the elbow - as soft as it was, they'll charge him for it I think. Does he have any carry over points?

I hope Bromwich is back, bring Manu and Proctor in the back row, Hinchcliffe at lock if he's not suspended too.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah i can see what you mean about Hinchy but surely they have to make their decision on the act itself which was nothing, not what it led to, he can't be blamed for Lussick overreacting like he did which then escalated it. I might be wrong but the last charge i can find from Hinchy is a grade 1 striking in 2009. Not sure how long carry over points last for but you wouldn't think he'd have a great deal if any.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

hinchy will be fine! manu to take blairs spot and bring bromwhich back onto the bench, done!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im hearing alot about sisa in trouble

Dont really understand why

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sisa came in off the bench - so he entered the field of play. That is the issue.

I don't think they take into account it was 5 on 1 and it happened near the bench.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Without a doubt, the most disgraceful thing out of the whole incident was Sisa Waqa stepping less than a metre out onto the field to drag off one of the five guys assaulting his team mate. What a disgusting, despicable act - I hope the NRL throws the book at him!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Adam, Hinchy, Waqa and possibly Wooly might miss atleast next week ( I Personally believe Blair is the only one who should be looking at a suspension, but we all know what gallop and his cronies think of the storm) i'd go with:

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. M.Blair
4. Nielsen
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Kostjasyn
15. Vea
16. Lowe
17. Thompson

18th man - Kite

Still a pretty handy squad.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

1999 wrote:I think Adam, Hinchy, Waqa and possibly Wooly might miss atleast next week ( I Personally believe Blair is the only one who should be looking at a suspension, but we all know what gallop and his cronies think of the storm)
If Hinchy get's cited for that elbow and the NRL was consistent then there'd be at least 20 to 30 charges per round.

Having said that I'd be surprised if they didn't charge him because he wears purple. Grade 1 charge with no games missed with an early guilty plea.

Adam Blair will probably look at two weeks on the sidelines, same for Glen Stewart. Sisa & the club will be fined for him coming from the bench. Question is what will the other four Manly lowlives get for their involvement in the 5 on 1 gang tackle of Adam?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is it possible we could lose 2 points for having 14 men on the ground?I am sure if that was possible the NRL would make it happen.Sisa NEVER threw a punch .
I have heard 12 ..10 ..9 players might be sited.(whichever paper you read)The most serious report should be for b.stewart for running in and king Hitting BLAIR (who never saw it coming)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Blair and Stewart will each get 3-4 weeks, to allow Stewart to play GF.
everyone else involved will get 1-2 weeks based on their involvement, their carry-overs, and their importance to Manly's finals campaign.
The NRL will make an example out of their two most disliked teams. No one will walk
Further to this we will lose 2 competition points for having more than 13 men on the field. This will really make next week an important MP win for both sides.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There's a real bad feeling in the pitt of my stomach here. I've got this sick feeling that we've seen the last of Adam Blair this year.

I have absolutely no faith in either the match review committee nor the judiciary (for obvious reasons). The level of hysteria in the media - and calls for blood - are as loud as they are opportunistic.

The shark journos can smell blood in the water for both Storm and Manly and are willing the NRL on to dish out over-the-top, heavy handed fines and suspensions.

I just hope that common sense and professionalism prevail. If they study the footage, and actually think about things carefully - the following facts should emerge:

1. Hinchy's elbow was light contact, and was more of a push than a strike. In fact, his elbow doesnt make contact as much as his upper arm does. A penalty is/was sufficient.

2. Adam Blair throwing the uppercut as 3rd man in deserved a sin bin, and nothing more.

3. Glenn Stewart stopped and turned around to confront Blair. He was the one that said something to Blair - contrary to more media rubbish - Adam's lips did not move at all.

4. Glenn Stewart threw the first punch at Blair, therefore instigating the fight.

5. 4 Manly players sprinted 40 metres to join the fight. Rather than attempt to separate the combatants - they automatically crash tackled Blair.

6. Brett Stewart launches at Blair with a closed fist which makes contact high on the head of Adam Blair - causing him to clutch at his head and drop to the ground. It is clear he has been struck, and is now unable to defend himself.

7. Falling to the ground, Lussick can be seen throwing punches at a defenseless Blair. During this time - there are up to five Manly players attacking one single Storm player.

8. Remaining Storm players arrive, along with Manly players. No further punches are seen to be thrown.

9. Sisa Waqa enters the field but at no stage does he do anything other than try and separate the players.

10. Other Storm bench players and a trainer can be seen on the sideline trying to pull players off the melee. There is clearly no escalation intent from any party involved, apart from the initial 4 Manly players.

There is not any other way the above could be viewed. If those 4 Manly players had not run at Blair - we would only be talking about the Stewart v Blair altercation. An altercation that at its worst would be seeing a 1-2 match suspensions, and at its best would be used as promotion for finals ratings and ticket sales by the NRL and its TV partners.

This is a real test now for the NRL. However, again - the conflicts of interests, the deep-seeded divisions and the fact that members of the judiciary - including one ex-Manly player - were the ones that successfully sued Bellamy over the Cam Smith decision which resulted in Manly claiming the 2008 title. The days to follow will be just as importantant in deciding the 2011 premiership as that was.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Interestingly - I believe the three members of the judiciary are:

Darrel Williams - Ex Manly premiership player and the one who led the lawsuit against Bellamy.

Mal Cochrane - Another Ex Manly premiership player and team mate of Darrell Williams (1987 Grand Final)

Michael Buettner - A one year Northern Eagles player, but better know for being a Parramatta Eels and North Sydney Bears player.

So, there you have it - Two Manly players, and one Parramatta Eels player: We are screwed!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think your timeline there is pretty much spot on. Hopefully the panel sees things the same way (I bet they don't).

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think there will be alot of fines and only a few suspened our bench players wont be suspened only fined

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image