Hypocrisy of brawl

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

bennett has come out and said the NRL should come down hard on the players involved in the brawl.Of course he would say that even if it is only to give his team a chance.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a lima lima lima duck!!

All coaches and players should just keep their noses out of this incident. Of couse he just wants to derail the top two teams to give his crap side an advantage to win another un-deserved GF.

Gordon Tallis has condemned the 4or5 Manly players who ran in as completely un-Australian. The wrath of the NRL should definately be served on them. A one on one doesn't put the game into ill-repute. A 5 on 1 does.

But of couse the judiciary won't see past the purple jerseys.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was absolutely flabbagasted when andrew(I took drugs all through my footy career) johns said that the two teams should feel the full wrath of the nrl for bringing the game into disrepute.
Can you believe that tosser.
nearly threw the TV out the window.soon we will have matty johns come on with his opinion.Or even wendall sailor. Does he think being a druggie is better than a bit of biff between players.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can they say that Sisa Waqa`s response was worse than brett stewart.sisa gets 2 weeks and brett stewart gets 1 week.So it is ok to run 50 mtres down the field ,king hit a player and get 1 week.BUT to get off the bench to try and stop the brawl Sisa gets 2 weeks.
ABSOLUTELY disgusted with the nrl
Tarnished the reputation of the nrl..hahahahaha
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

before we read the articles and comments from nobodies we should just stay calm and wait for the actual report! what ever johns or tallis says will have no effect on the rulings/penalties!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-judiccary-11-cha ... fault.aspx

Judiciary report from Round 25

Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)

Adam Blair (Storm) Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)

Adam Blair (Storm) Striking – grade 2

Sisa Waqa (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 2

Bryan Norrie (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Jaiman Lowe (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Sika Manu (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Darcy Lussick (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 4

Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 3

Keiran Foran (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 2

Michael Robertson (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 1

Joel Thompson (Raiders) Careless high tackle – grade 1
StormHibs
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Can anyone explain how Adam gets charged with striking, yet Glenn Stewart does not? What was he doing, pretending?
B-Dub
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How the he'll can Blair be the only one on a striking charge? Did they honestly not see the other 200 punches thrown?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

to be honest i didn't notice that discrepency. That is utter bullshit!! Blair, Lissick and both Stewarts should've got striking charges. Maybe Adam can have that downgraded?
Does a contrary conduct and a striking charge carry the same points?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

glen stewart is in the most trouble! he doesnt get charged and a chance to plea, he just goes straight to tribunal and must be looking at 6+ weeks easily
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormHibs wrote:Can anyone explain how Adam gets charged with striking, yet Glenn Stewart does not? What was he doing, pretending?
Exactly and I'd like to know how Adam copped that huge black eye!
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I`m not happy that Blair could be missing for the rest of the season,but the up side is a lot better.With Hinchcliffe clear to play and Sika to miss just 1 week from our best 17, i`ll take that with both hands compaired to what Manly got from the game.

Cronk
Bromwich
M.Blair

All to come back soon
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:glen stewart is in the most trouble! he doesnt get charged and a chance to plea, he just goes straight to tribunal and must be looking at 6+ weeks easily
I actually think you'll find that Adam Blair is in the most trouble.

He has also been referred to the judiciary (meaning the panel believe a grade 5 was insufficient) on top of his grade 2 striking charge.

The only hope Adam has, is that Bellew can successfully argue he was defending himself after first being struck by Glenn Stewart and that this was successful provocation.

Again - with two out of the three judiciary member ex-manly players, we need to have faith that they will put their team allegiances to one side in hearing both cases.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I remember some years ago and I am sure most of you guys do to,Danny Williams king hitting a player form behind,was sent off emmediatly,went staraght to the judiciary and copped 18 weeks!!!!Now I don't see the difference between what Danny Willaims did and what Brett Stewart did,apart from the fact that Danny Williams landed one a bit harder than Brett ( the poofter) Stewart,but the intent was exactly the same,and if you go back to the Williams case,the reason given for copping such a heavy penanlty was 'That he attacked from behind and did not give the other player a chance to defend himself" ?????Now the only other difference is that Danny Williams played for Melbouren Storm!!!
Last edited by Rose Madder on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.