Hypocrisy of brawl

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

+-It is the sydney medias way of shifting the blame from saint glenn stewart and seagulls so nrl judiciary will go full force at Storm.
Blair will probably be sighted cos brett stewart had to run too far to land the king hit.
The herald sun should come out with an equally biased article on Blairy
Why do reporters always bring out "the dedicated family man/woman" line. We don`t really believe that
g&b stewart are THUGS
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the fine could be up to $100,000(just what we would get when we win minor Premiership.you are so predictable giddyup
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldnt worry about the Tele article, they are a Sydney paper writing for a Sydney audience.

All players will cop there right whack.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

You haven't watched the judiciary lately, have you?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i'm hoping for sanity to prevail, am i being overly optimistic?
storm77
Squall
Squall

By the way love the Zombie-Boy (as I call gallop) quote about how rugby league isn't about violence.

No of course it isn't, I mean it's not like a game where for 80 minutes guys are smashing into each other at a great physical tole.

No where just playing a game of marbles.

THE MAN IS A MASSIVE F***WIT.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm77 wrote:By the way love the Zombie-Boy (as I call gallop) quote about how rugby league isn't about violence.

No of course it isn't, I mean it's not like a game where for 80 minutes guys are smashing into each other at a great physical tole.

No where just playing a game of marbles.

THE MAN IS A MASSIVE F***WIT.
never call him a MAN again! he is a coward and clueless to anything that happens on and off the field involving RL. the only thing he knows is what he can and cant say to the media so he doesnt get in trouble
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

From the latest Hail Storm:
STORM MEDIA STATEMENT - INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

Melbourne Storm has today continued its independent investigation into the series of events which led to the incident with Manly at Brookvale Oval last Friday night.

The club is committed to a thorough and cooperative process to ensure the appropriate level of due diligence is addressed. The club requests all interested parties to respect this process, along with those of the governing body.

Adam Blair, a current International and New Zealand Vice Captain, who has never been involved in a similar incident in his 100 plus game career for the Melbourne Storm, was contrite today when he issued an apology for his contribution towards the extremely disappointing sideline altercation with Glenn Stewart.

“I would like to apologise to everyone for the incident with Glenn on Friday night,” said Blair.

“I’m extremely disappointed to be involved in such an incident that does not put the game I love in a positive light, especially my family, friends and all rugby league supporters.

“Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I had my time again I would have done things differently.

“It was a spur of the moment reaction, that was not planned and to be honest it happened that quickly I still don’t really know why it occurred.

“Manly is a very good footy team. We have a healthy respect and good rivalry after many years of good competition and from my point of view that has not changed.

“There is a process to go through and I will be fully cooperative through that process.”

As part of the review process Melbourne Storm CEO Ron Gauci has interviewed the players involved in the incident.

“Melbourne Storm acknowledges the involvement of our interchange players, who came from their bench to help Adam when he was being attacked by several Manly players,” said Gauci.

“Our players respect the rules and regulations that govern our game, including the protocols surrounding the field of play.

“Anyone who has seen the incident from Friday night would agree it was unfortunate and extremely difficult for everyone involved especially Adam’s teammates nearby. Whilst the players accept that entering the altercation was improper, they felt that the need to preserve the safety of their teammate was paramount. The players have assured me that their intention was never to further inflame the situation.”

Melbourne Storm will both continue our internal review and be cooperative with all stakeholders across the game until the completion of the process.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why is Melbourne Storm the only Club putting out public apology statements for their behaviour ?

Where the f%$% is Manly's response to this whole mess given that they were the ones who turned it into a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing street brawl....

Uh - uh....I don't like the look of this one little bit....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

proberly trying to make ourselves look better....look what happened to josh dugan about 3 weeks ago go put on report for something said he was sorry on twitter and got off the same weekend the same kinda report for another player cant remember who it was and they were out for a week

might help us in the long run but i doubt it
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/b ... 6124039831

12 Brookvale Oval brawlers face sanctions
Dean Ritchie and Phil Rothfield

NO less than 12 players and officials from Manly and Melbourne will today be heavily scrutinised by the NRL in a stunning aftermath to Friday night's explosive Brookvale brawl.
The Daily Telegraph understands 10 players and two trainers will be examined - and possibly charged - by the NRL match review committee for their controversial roles.

Committee members Bradley Clyde, Greg McCallum and Peter Louis will scrutinise Manly's Glenn Stewart, Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran, Michael Robertson and Darcy Lussick along with Storm players Ryan Hinchcliffe, Adam Blair, Sisa Waqa, Bryan Norrie and Jaiman Lowe.

The revelation comes as Glenn Stewart broke his silence yesterday, saying: "If I could take those few hectic minutes back I would. It was a stupid thing to do and I want to apologise for my actions."

If cited, the Stewart brothers, Foran, Robertson, Lussick, Blair and Hinchcliffe face striking charges while Waqa, Norrie and Lowe may be hit with contrary conduct charges for leaving the interchange bench to join the melee. Even if half the 12 are charged, it would be remarkable. Both clubs face $100,000 fines from the NRL. Ironically, one of the clubs will receive a $100,000 cheque next week for winning the minor premiership.

The NRL will also determine whether Storm trainer Adrian Jimenez breached the game's rules for entering the fight. Manly official Graham Jackson was not involved in the brawl but the NRL will look to see whether he entered the field illegally to assist Glenn Stewart from the field.

The match review committee is powerless to charge club officials although disciplinary action can come from NRL management.

NRL director of football operations Nathan McGuirk said yesterday his organisation had sought reports from the Brookvale Oval ground manager, interchange official, referees and touch judges.

The match review committee will also have eight camera angles to view the drama. Blair yesterday denied initiating the second flare-up by saying "let's get it on".

Storm officials met again yesterday afternoon to continue their investigation into the fight. McGuirk said: "We are requesting all available footage including 'camera one', which is eagle cam.

"We have asked for reports from all officials in the vicinity of the incident. These will be forwarded to match review committee and they are also important in regards to any operational breaches. Clubs have a responsibility to abide by the rules and, if not, they are open to penalty
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brawl out in the open as 10 face charges over Friday night fight Greg Prichard

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... z1WOsjlhLE

FUNNY HOW 1 PAPER IS SAYING 12 THE OTHER 10 PLAYERS
hughzy
Squall
Squall

If norrie and lowe are out who will come in? I think kite should get a run?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Sorry, but this is just bullshit. If Norrie, Waqa and Lowe are suspended for a technical breach of entering the field of play, when all they were doing was trying to seperate Blair and the five Manly players, then the game is absolutely LIMA LIMA Ducked. You know, in hindsight, maybe they shouldn't have entered the field of play, but then Blairy would just have given the 5 Manly pussies a good hiding - and that wouldn't have been a good look for Manly or the NRL!!!

I guess it's typical NRL thinking - we must keep the numbers charged equal on both sides, it makes it look fair and like we are doing our job, even though we know it was only Blair who was actually involved.