2012 Membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's just a sleeve to put over the back of your seat. It doesn't look padded but it might have a thin layer of foam in it or something. There's a photo of it in the latest email from the club. I can't see myself bringing it to the stadium each week so I'll probably just use it at home somewhere.

Also, the Thunder Squad gets these ridiculous white and purple Beetlejuice-looking wigs. Why? I don't know.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also, the Thunder Squad gets these ridiculous white and purple Beetlejuice-looking wigs. Why? I don't know.

Aren't the Thunder Squad supposed to be like a cheer squad? Then surely they'd want to stand out as much as possible. Maybe the club's trying to encourage them to start acting like a Thunder Squad should be?

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As has been said by others there are a number of positives from the membership packages:

- They have been released in a very timely manner;
- Reverting family memberships back to 2 adults and 2 juniors but still keeping the family membership option of 1 adult and 2 juniors
- Selling Quad Pass memberships from the start of the season, which is a good way to get people who have other commitments on weekends and don't want to commit to a full membership (eg work, sport or AFL memberships) to get on board. If people have already spent the money they are more likely to come to games. If they haven't spent the money it is too easy for them to choose to do something else on any given night.
- I even don't mind the Melbourne Try Pass for people who have some interest but have never been before they can go to a game for $7 or $8 less than the normal GA price.
- Even the interstate packages have improved, although not sure why NSW Plus is cheaper than Qld Plus when you get to go to 3 games in NSW and Qld Plus members only get to go to 2 games.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The AFL seat covers are a piece of foam covered in a team slip that fits over the base of the seat, not inflatable
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty good from what I've seen.
And Run Sika Run... Harsh to blame the club for something they had no control over. Finals are owned and run by the NRL, including ticketing unfortunately

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry steaming stormer but in past years the Club Organised for all seated members to be able to buy their own seats before the tickets went on sale to the public. I don't know how they managed it but they did. This is why some members are a bit disappointed this year.

They had all the tickets printed out and you had to go to the Storm office to buy your own by a certain date/time any not picked up were returned to be sold as normal.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i get that, but the fact still is that the NRL ran it, so if they weren't prepared for that to happen again, it may have been out of the clubs control.
At the open training session first week of the finals, that question was put to Natalie (memberships) who said that the NRL had made that decision, and based on the number of premium memberships the club had this year (not sure if she only meant cat 1, or if she meant reserved seats, that unfortunately the club didn't have the bargaining power to win the argument, despite trying.
I took it as an indication that there is a lot more general members than in the past, and possibly quite a few downgraded when we moved to AAMI
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Just wondering how many others there are who found out when they logged into the members area, that they have automatically been invoiced for a membership.
I actually rang the club and was told that I wasn't the first to mention it, and that the club had not told the membership department anything about it.
I did then proceed to renew tha family package I had over the phone, but my account is still showing the outstanding invoice generated on 2/10/11 for a single membership that I never applied for.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm ? It seems someone,(?) at the club started generating tax invoices for season 2012 using the details of existing members - ALL of which are dated from 02/10/2011.
I was going to renew my membership this week but given the club has shown this level of contempt & almost criminal accounting I think I'll be waiting until the club notifies me that I owe them money for a membership that I have NOT YET asked for or Signed up for :evil: Then I might consider whether I should renew or seek legal advise. I suggest ever existing member takes a look at this before considering belonging to such an underhanded organisation.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it just asking if u want the same membership as last year...what wrong with that you can change it or dont take it....its just so they have all their existing members numbers on file

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you get as far as the PDF file sally you'll see it says TAX INVOICE at the top
This isn't asking if you want membership.It's telling you you've already bought it but haven't paid yet.
OK so they're lazy enough to assume that all last years members will renew,but you know what they say about ASS U ME ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The 'together' thing seems to be a theme for 2012 memberships :?
We get All Together Stronger as our catch phrase
Wigan Warriors did it visual with Warriors Together
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

That Warriors image is an exact rip off of Collingwood's 'March to October' campaign from this year.

madstorm
Squall
Squall

Don't know if anyone else has an issue with this but I am none too pleased. We checked our visa debit card and Storm had taken over $230 out of our account over three days, some in large increments of $70+ others in small $1.13 + amounts all up there was over 13 transactions. We called them and they said it was an installment from our 2011 membership and and installment from our 2012 membership. I may have been confused as to when the last of the 2011 payments but I thought it would have been finished by now. The payment for this year is part of the Storm for life payment plan which is not supposed to start until 27th November. The person on the phone couldn't tell us out of the 13 odd debits what was this years and what was next years payments and when asked why Payments had started to be debited early and he said Storm had decided to do 11 payments instead of 10 so asked why we hadn't been informed and he couldn't answer that either. Even adding up this years membership and next years it doesn't add up and he couldn't tell us what we had been charged for. We asked for the manager of memberships to call us and explain it and we have not heard from them since.

Can anyone tell me when payments for 2011 were supposed to finish??? To anyone who may not have checked their accounts lately it may be wise to. We only have that account to pay our storm membership and he thought it may have been a payment in arrears but we know we always had the correct money there and seeing he was only pulling ideas out of his bum I highly doubt it was that. If we haven't heard back from them next week with some decent bloody answers they will have lost five members!!!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought the 2011 payments were meant to finish in October.