2012 Membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, already.

I don't know if they intended for this page to get out (since I can't see it on the front page of the site - plus, the page is all messed up) but next year's memberships go on sale October 3. Also, there's some kind of priority access deal for 2011 finals tickets if you pay a deposit for 2012 now - doesn't look like you can do that just yet. Hopefully this means they'll be going at memberships even harder next year.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... y&id=42442

I've saved the images on the page just in case they take this page offline.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wouldnt worry ive noticed that the broncos manly sharks roosters titans panthers and souths have all put theres out too...its proberly an NRL thing

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i hope they look closer at their qld memberships, to charge what they did this year on top of purple passion or storm country membership is a rip-off!
i know the bulldogs do very cheap memberships compared to other clubs, but why was their qld pass half the price?

bulldogs qld - $80 and its 2 qld games and 1 home game plus a few club merchandise items
storm qld pass - $140 for 2 qld games and some membership merchandise items
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

^^ just a guess but maybe better seating? Bulldogs may have been GA whereas Storm was an upgrade (it'd wanna be at that price)? Maybe the Bulldogs are just desperate?
If you were to just go to GC & Broncs games GA it'd be more like about $55 at the gate. (or even cheaper considering the Titans were giving tickets away a couple of weeks ago when we played them).

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

"1 Away Bay ticket per member to Storm's away games against the Broncos and the Titans in 2011" your all seated together but the seats are no better than GA
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

On sale now. I dig the "All Together Stronger" slogan.

http://melbstorm.surfacemedia.com.au/

They have a counter this year, too. Only 15 so far - but I'm one of them. :wink:
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

ok, to me these are a lot better! early and imo better value on the purple passion qld / nsw plus. so being an interstate supporter im definitely getting one this year!

(i think they might have been checking on here over the year for ideas)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As a long term GA soldier there's really no change.
Had to laugh at this little gem................
We’ve created a 2012 membership pack to help you be truly proud of your purple passion. And for the first time ever, we’ll mail it directly to your door.
I must have 'imagined' mail outs all those other years :lol:

As for the site counter ???
Is it monitored/updated by Storm membership staffers ???
Or does it just key log those who sign up online ???

Supporters - Fans - Members = The FORCE behind the STORM
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mail it directly to my door? Impossible. My mailbox is at the bottom of the driveway.

They'll probably just update the counter on a "whenever we feel like it" basis.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

So far I like the new membership packages but will be ringing the club for some answers on a few things. I like that we can purchase tickets to the presentation ball and pay it off over 10 months but want to know if they have it on a night like this year on a Sunday or work night if they will refund or give a credit on 2013 memberships and what sort of functions will be held in the new SNOW package. I think it will be a great idea if they don't charge excessive prices for the functions as I gather they will be raising funds for Ovarian Cancer Australia. At least they have fixed the Family membership packages and now they have opened up the Western side. And that you can now do your direct debit once and don't have to give it to them again every year. Although The Sup-paw-ters pack is crappier than this year which I never did end up receiving after several phone calls I gave up!!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think this is a great package - and hopefully they have it right after so many reviews.

1. Early release & mail out - better than the last two years.

2. Opening the Western Grandstand - fantastic opportunity to get good seats - and not have the sun in your eyes for all of possible Saturday afternoon games (big tick)

3. Storm for Life - YES - such a simple idea and good business sense

4. Family ticket configurations - sure they are going back to what we had, but still well done for listening

5. Reserved seat cover - would be fantastic if it had a cushion. Any idea anyone?? I also wondered what they would have after the scarf last year.

6. Thunder Squad cheaper - might encourage some more to this area. I would like to see this idea prosper and surely cheaper seats is all good.

and hey they DO have a counter this year.

Now to go and study the packages - then stick with the same one we always do :)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

happy happy
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

There is a group of 4 adults that i sit with, who will all be going down from premier club ($450.00) to storm spirit ($190.00) next season.Because of the crap treatment we received during the finals,thats a saving of $260.00 each. ;DThe only reason we`re getting that is so we can get grand final tickets.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormsally wrote:5. Reserved seat cover - would be fantastic if it had a cushion. Any idea anyone?? I also wondered what they would have after the scarf last year.
There was previously a product available but it appears to have disappeared from most sports merchandise sites ???
This was the only one I could find :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Unless of course someone wanted to buy a couple of thousand from the manufacturer in Hong Kong :lol: