2012 Membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I had a look at a thread on Memberships renewals on LU last night and was shocked to see, only just over 2000 storm members have re-signed so far for next year.

I'm one of those culprits who hasn't re-signed but will be doing so next week.

Time to unzip those wallets and rejoin asap.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That membership tally has been stuck there for about a week now so no doubt it's increased a bit since then. In 14 years i don't think i've ever renewed until after xmas as i'm sure many don't so i'm not concerned at all about those numbers atm. After the success we've had this year and with a much friendlier draw in regards to how the home games fall next season i've no doubt we'll be right up with this years numbers and will even more than likely surpass them.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

from - 23rd November :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It just doesn't make any sense does it? W had near on 12,000 members last year and the Storm site as it stands right now for current memberships this year is 3046, so how the fook they only get we're only at 16% in the premiership race i'll never know ???
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

10.108 Members according to the Storm email that I just received.

Sensational effort only 2 rounds and 1 home game into the season.

Lots of 4 game membership will be bought imo over the next 5 - 6 weeks.

Still Club members even on a 4 game package...remember all money goes to the Club....

GO STORM !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:10.108 Members according to the Storm email that I just received.

Sensational effort only 2 rounds and 1 home game into the season.

Lots of 4 game membership will be bought imo over the next 5 - 6 weeks.

Still Club members even on a 4 game package...remember all money goes to the Club....

GO STORM !

OOOPS...3 rounds of course !

I am living a week behind !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wonder if the one game memberships count. They'll probably sell a lot of those prior to the ANZAC Day game.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote:I wonder if the one game memberships count. They'll probably sell a lot of those prior to the ANZAC Day game.
One game memberships are a joke. Isn't that how AFL clubs make up most of their membership tallys (some AFL clubs have over 40,000 members, but how many are actually full paying members who are able to attend every home game????).
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

The whole idea of one game membership has nothing to do with AFL memberships at all, in fact AFL clubs only started selling 3 Game membership in the past couple of years. ::)

It's totally contrary to the whole notion of sports club membership to have this type of thing available and it serves only to pump up what most probably are already inflated numbers! Any club doing this should have their membership department kicked up the rear end! :x

Also AFL members are more likely to buy full memberships even if they can't attend all season than most Storm supporters and not whine about having to pay for every game and want a reduced price for not going to all matches. That I know for FACT! ;)
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote:Also AFL members are more likely to buy full memberships even if they can't attend all season than most rugby league supporters and not whine about having to pay for every game and want a reduced price for not going to all matches. That I know for FACT! ;)
Fixed for you ;D