Storm vs Dragons Game Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just finished watching the replay. Craig's reaction to the mistakes Champion made were not good. I think if he had fit players to pick for the centre spot Champion would not be playing. Hopefully, Blair is back next week and stays fit.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great crowd last night. Reported to be 24,081. As AAMI Park supposedly holds 30k where would the other 6000 people sit? I'd put the 'actual' crowd figure closer to 27,000.
But I must say even with such a large crowd the ground staff did a great job. It was never too hard to get a beer or have a slash.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

They should give Nike or funo a run ? There a better pick then champion!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

niko*

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw on the Storm website that Matt Duffie twetted this quote this morning.......

"Last night was the best game ive ever been involved in!! Toughest game for sure.. Just had breaky! What a day in melbourne! "

sounds like one very contented guy !!
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Watching the game now, Duffies defence is woeful & no its not champions fault

They look very suspect on both wings in my view. St George had a lot of success getting around both Duffie AND Quinn. Duffie alarmingly appears to like to think arm-grabbing someone is enough when you have to make the tackle. T'is a tad of a worry coming into the finals.

JF
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Quinney played a top game and I don't reckon he deserves any criticism for it. His defence was strong, his defensive reads were good, he scored a great try, and gave Soward a monster hit which rattled him for the rest of the game.
He copped a lot of traffic too, and was served up a lot of kicks, as well as making some great metres and hitups.
Duffie's first half was bad, his second was better but not great. Champion was ok except for a couple of dropped balls.
Duffie's still got a long way to go in his development. He often overruns the play or is completely out of position when a cutout pass is on. His skills under the highball have been getting tested, and found wanting, lately too. His best attribute is he's a terrific finisher, but if he doesn't get the ball he can't score tries.
In form he's dynamite, but lately he's not playing to his potential.
Personally I'd be replacing Beau and Duff with Blair and Waqa next week. Quinney's in great form.

Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm really not sure why there is such differing opinions on last Friday's game.

Champion had a shocker - that I think everyone can agree on that. As soon as Bobby Blair is fit, Champion can start packing his bags. Since he signed with the Titans - he's failed to fire consistently.

Quinn - I thought he played very well. Apart from a dodgy pass in the last few minutes, he was very solid. Some great hits, a try (the only try), and generally some good positional play.

Duffman - again, I thought he looked good. I've watched the game several times, and I can not see where the criticism is coming from. Defensively he was very good, and helped save the Cooper try after Billy's hit on him near the line.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Go Storm wrote:Great crowd last night. Reported to be 24,081. As AAMI Park supposedly holds 30k where would the other 6000 people sit? I'd put the 'actual' crowd figure closer to 27,000.
But I must say even with such a large crowd the ground staff did a great job. It was never too hard to get a beer or have a slash.

It sure has improved since the Anzac test match last year hasn't it?

The problem in getting a bigger audience is the Thunder Squad membership category behind the Swans street try-line. People often want to bring friends to a game like this, so they have to go up the back to the GA seats. This means that lots of the seats down the front remain empty & unfilled.

The only way this will ever get rectified is if they scrap the Thunder Squad membership category completely, as people just are not sitting in their allocated seats any more.

There were quite a few empty seats in front of the corporate boxes on the outer side towards the northern end as well.

JF
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think the criticism is coming from with the wingers is they are dropping back for the kick late in the tackle count and dragqueens were running the ball instead, it has been storms defensive play all year and everyone around them know to cover them and do it very well. it may look like a weakness but nielson, blair cooper and billy cover very well
Monsoon
Monsoon

Quinn was awful, is this a gee up? i think you guys are having a lend of me.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Quinn was very good Friday night he took on alot of work best he has played in a long while.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

BIG JIM wrote:Quinn was very good Friday night he took on alot of work best he has played in a long while.
well that would be hard now would it
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:
BIG JIM wrote:Quinn was very good Friday night he took on alot of work best he has played in a long while.
well that would be hard now would it

If your going to be sarcastic make sure you write your words correct ,do you mean WOULD NOT
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

a Storm supporter (on Storm site in Fan comments) has complained that some Storm supporters are too loud at the games and they should have some consideration towards other supporters around them..HAHAHA..