Storm vs Dragons Game Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I like the team. Champion coming in for O'Neil so we lose nothing there. Could be made even stronger if Duffie comes good.

And im sure Smith will have some role to play in the halves especially with Hinchy back

As for the Dragons there is huge ?? on if Soward will play, they wrote him off on the monday night footy show last night cause of his dodgy back/rubbish form.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If the speed hump does play you can be assured the boys will run a shitload of traffic at him.

Dragons

Darius Boyd
Brett Morris
Mark Gasnier
Matt Cooper
Jason Nightingale
Jamie Soward
Ben Hornby (c)
Dan Hunt
Nathan Fien
Michael Weyman
Beau Scott
Ben Creagh
Matt Prior

Interchange (from):
Jon Green
Trent Merrin
Adam Cuthbertson
Dean Young
Kyle Stanley
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Amazing how they underperforming this badly with that line-up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

never was a fan of speedbumps...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
Go Storm wrote:Thats an impressive lineup even with our injuries. And there's a good chance Duffman may be a late inclusion over Quinney or Waqa. Is Bobby picked because he's right or because we're hoping he's right?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
I think it's more because we're hoping he'll be right given Frank said on SEN yesterday morning it looked like at that stage he wouldn't come up. Never know though, a light week and he might be right to go.
If Bobby's shoulder is still NQR, then no way would I play him.

Taking an injured player into a big game is worse than not having him there in the first place.

I know players can be injured at any time, but if he still has a suspect shoulder that hasn't quite healed, then one hit could see him miss the rest of the season.

Would hope that the Club is extra cautious with him if there is ANY doubt over his fitness.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
hughzy
Squall
Squall

if his not fully recoverd then i wouldn't risk him.
and why did vea get dropped? he should be in the squad! his a solid player. i don't no why lowe is in the squad still .. his not adding much , doesn't seem to gain much metres, gets dragged back alot ??

[ Post made via Android ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just read on another site Vea is injured also. Did not with what.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

his always injured.
anyone know how kite is progressing? i would like to see him back in the 1st grade squad he gained good meters! ran it straight and hard!
i think he should take lowes spot!!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please hurry back Duffman! Soward is going to go bombs away at Sisa's wing all Friday night and it will lead to at least 2 Dragons tries!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Asked if he noticed Soward struggling to make an impact against the Roosters, Cooper said: "Not really, no".

"It's hard for me to see what's going on at the right side".
full article

THAT statement goes a long way to explaining why St merge are not playing 'as a team' ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i recon chuck niko in at the deep end!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i agree

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

I agree also niko should get a shot. does anyone know if niko played this week?

S.W.A.S
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he played qcup last week and got a try which he does every week

scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Niko's not ready, he shouldn't get a run till Craig thinks he is ready..Why do you guys want us to give him one or two games this year..have him kill it and then his price tag next year will be heaps more than it is now..firstly we don't need him atm we have enough good backs to take us to the GF..second if he isnt ready it will only hurt his confidnece, third we will be looking to resign Cronk next year and we shouldn't debut players and make them known to everyone so they can start poaching them. He is not needed at the moment becasue we have great depth and from seeing who Craig picks each week even Dane Chilsom is ahead of him atm if he is good enough he will be in the team next year and he will be there to stay...he may need to work on certain aspects of his game from the limited time watching him play i know his defence is not up to sratch at the moment but I know it will improve becasue he has the potential to be an absoulute gun.