Storm v Penrith game thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

matt duffie is still injured....someone asked him last night on twitter how he was and he said his sturnum still hurt so i doubt he will play

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I also think he is careful of what information he reveals in twitter.

Sternum injuries are painful (I hear)

I don't think we have run out as the team named on Tuesday once this season!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not true, Round 1 didn't change after the team was named. LOL
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

I hurt my my sternum at work bout 4 years ago, didn't break/fracture it, but it was very badly bruised! Mate, I can tell you that it hurt like hell! I can sort of understand what Duffie is going through atm.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope Duffman and G-Dub hurry back soon so Bobby can go back to the centres and Sisa can go back to NSW Cup! Sorry, but he's gonna end up costing us unless someone teaches him to catch a ball on his CHEST and not over his head!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Late Changes: Anthony Quinn, Gareth Widdop and Sika Manu come in for Sisa Waqa, Jesse Bromwich and Robbie Rochow. Beau Champion moves onto the bench. Hopefully its just a rest for Jesse. Good too see Manu and Widdop back, they add so much!
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will miss jesse's work he has been a standout for us lately, glad to see quinn getting another shot love his work out of trouble and he very rarely fluffs a try, his defence on the other hand, surely he can keep purtell quiet lol.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great win boys, very well done. Bit of a carve up in the end, finished off all the most of the chances we got. Slater was outstanding. I thought that Lowe played awesome too, good too see him in a few fights too lol! 10 wins in a row now for the boys, just amazing!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Inglis#3 wrote:Great win boys, very well done. Bit of a carve up in the end, finished off all the most of the chances we got. Slater was outstanding. I thought that Lowe played awesome too, good too see him in a few fights too lol! 10 wins in a row now for the boys, just amazing!
yea.. Billy was on fire.. man he had a great game..
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was a real grind for most of the match. They threw everything at us. Didn't think we played particularly well, but we never played poorly either. Sometimes you just have to grind out a win. The last weeks we have not played to our ability but have still taken the points. That's the sign of a good team
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was that Afamasaga in 21 warming up with the boys?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Was that Afamasaga in 21 warming up with the boys?
I`d forgotten about Jack. I was trying to work out who it was with one of my mates. I thought it it was Kite but he looked like he`d shrunk a few inches :)
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

tugga wrote:Was a real grind for most of the match. They threw everything at us. Didn't think we played particularly well, but we never played poorly either. Sometimes you just have to grind out a win. The last weeks we have not played to our ability but have still taken the points. That's the sign of a good team
That is the thing that is so amazing about this team. We struggle and grind away in the 1st half of matches. Then kapow it is 28-8 all of a sudden.

You think they are easy wins but they rarely are. We have to work our buts off to get to where we are. We seem to be experts of getting good field position early in the second half which duly ends up in us scoring soon after. 8)

JF
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im pretty sure it was jack
Although it was reported on twitter yesterday that jack was in sydney playing for NSWCup cronulla but i looked at the team sheet for that game and it was kite so it must have been jack in melbs

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Just as an aside, how ugly were the Penrith supporters in front of many of us at the game last night? :lol:

I counted at least 5 rats tails amongst them! :shock2:

JF O0