"Storm voted dirtiest team in comp"

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

:lol: at the 100 anonymous players.

Hiding behind mom's skirts :lol:
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Does it get any better than being on top and hated with six rounds to go :lol:
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well we are dirty, That how Rugby league should be played in Dirt
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

how the game has changed! years ago dirtiest team would have been the team throwing elbows, spear tackles starting fights all game (e.g MG), now its wrestling someone down to the ground legally but being the best at it..... has the game really become that soft?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good article in the paper today, about our defence and how good it is..
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In the 'online' version it's followed by an interesting article which ends with this prophetic bit......................
History shows Gus does not have a great track record at this caper of restructuring and resurrecting footy clubs.

It's been two decades since he coached a team to win a premiership. There are some, myself included, who have doubts whether he can deliver another one to the Panthers.
Good Morning Bobby :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

mystormboys wrote:Sorry guys dont know how to link but going by ABC grandstand the Storm have been nominated by NRL players as the dirtiest team in the comp by a margin of 49%. God dont these people hate winners. I am getting so sick of everyone having a go at us.

Wait for the Sydney media to blow this out of proportion during finals time yet again. ::)

The key this time is to not get all huffy about it & just get on and play football. The way Brian Waldron went on about the Cam Smith thing during the finals in 2008 was a bit embarrassing towards the end. :oops:

JF
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

"WHATEVER " sydney media
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

"I'm not quite sure whether some of the laundry people had any say in that, I don't know if we've got dirtier jumpers than anyone else," Bellamy joked.
"But to me it's a pretty irrelevant poll, it's (a) fairytale really."
According to Bellamy, NRL match review committee statistics back up his assertion that his team is no worse than any other.
"If you want to look at some facts, go and have a look at how many players from each team have been charged this year," he added.
"I think we're at the bottom of the list so it all depends how you justify dirty I suppose."
"But if they're talking about physical things then we're at the bottom of the list as far as people being charged."
"It might be what colour the jumpers are when they come off the field, I'm not quite sure."
"I don't think we were hearing it last year," Bellamy said of a season in which the club was ineligible for the premiership as part of its punishment for cheating the salary cap.
"We were winning some games last year as well but we weren't a threat as you can imagine."
"Perhaps that's (our ladder position) got something to do with it yeah."
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-d ... ale-132011

I love Bellamy's response!

I was thinking on Monday night - "look how dirty the Melbourne players are - who lets them run out in a white strip - that dirt will never come out!"
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good to see the boys stick up for us on NRL on Fox last night. Daley,Wiz and Ryan Phelan were pretty good. Dell just sat there and didn't say much for the first time in his life.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

They gave us a good rap on NRL on Fox. On Sydneys triple M radio after the game on Mon night Sterlo and Johns were saying how good we are too.
Wandering around Sydney this week with Storm caps on our heads my daughter and I have had lots of people speak to us and everyone comments on how awesome the Storm are and that they should win the premiership, even Dragons supporters.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
wiganese
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

They can say what they like in Sydney, they can write what they like in Sydney,they can think what they like in Sydney,but here in Melbourne we make all our statements on the field,because that is where all the arguments will be won!!!!!