Maurice Blair to Penrith?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

According to Sterlo on the Sunday footy show, Maurice Blair has signed back with the Panthers for next season. Can anyone confirm this..??
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There seems to be a lot of conjecture about this at the moment. There are a couple of sites saying he has and a couple saying he hasn`t. I`m sort of hoping that Storm might put out something to knock it on the head. For the moment I`m tending to think it`s crap and hoping that`s the case. It doesn`t make a lot of sense that he would go back to them when they wouldn`t even put him on the field in first grade, unless there is some sort of family issue involved
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It depends who you ask. That knob Josh Massoud who's notorious for getting thing wrong reported it first and since then Steve Mascord, his manager and Bellyache have denied it. Reading the signings thread Bellyache said something like he's contracted next year and as far as we're concerned he won't be going anywhere. If we don't release him he can't go.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is an article about jarryd hayne that came out last night i think i posted it in the offical signings the last line said mblairs manager denied it...seems a bit stupid him leaving unless its a family thing
Back to Penrith and not get a regular spot or stay at the storm knowing there is a centre position waiting for you
Wake up maurice melbourne loves you haha

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I reckon its just his agent upping the ante...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think the club/gould have seen him get fit, have a change of attitude and get rewarded from it. now they want him back... too late boys imo! if we win the comp this year he would only want to leave if the club comes under cap pressure again.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 6100968117

melbourne officials scoff at rumours of maurice blair signing with penrith....somethings up
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Even the Panthers forum has had enough :lol:
Seems to be some confusion about Blair having signed with the Panthers and as this thread has degenerated into an 'old' management versus 'new' management topic I shall close it forthwith.

Should the Panthers or some reputable source confirm the actual signing I shall re-open the thread for further comment.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In addition to scoffing at the Blair rumour....Melbourne Storm officials also farted in the general direction of Penrith officials.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So he has an option for storm next year it seems.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... ing-blair/
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well that changes things a bit.
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Melbourne officials don't want to hear anything about this cause they will taunt the Penrith officials a second time!

(Love Monty Python!!!!)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormSergeant wrote:Melbourne officials don't want to hear anything about this cause they will taunt the Penrith officials a second time!

(Love Monty Python!!!!)
I heard that when Storm learnt of the Penrith interest in our Bobby (cos he's ours now)...that they said to the Penrith official ....your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

LOL a conversation about Maurice Blair has become a Monty Python quote fest ^-^ !

'I told them we already got one!'
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It certainly does change things a bit but surely he wouldn't be that stupid to even contemplate moving on. I mean lets cut the bullshit and look at the facts, we're a massive chance of going all the way this year as well maybe even a bigger chance next year while i can't see Penrith seriously challenging any time soon so why the hell would you leave? I could understand (somewhat) if he was a born and bred Penrith boy from the area but he's a Queenslander so i couldn't imagine those ties being that strong.

I'd be very surprised if he moved on next season and the only reason you could think of is for monetary reasons but is that more important than being a legitimate chance of winning a premiership? I guess for some people it would be but for most it wouldn't IMO.