Finals seating

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well the ratpack didn't get it's usual spot on the wall,but did get a block of 11 not far away in row B section 41,(that's between aisles 37/38) And I only had to Q behind a s**t load of AFL people from 9am till 12:30 ::)
Buying tickets for Etihad will be MUCH MUCH worse !! Tickemaster's allocation system SUCKS !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Brian
Squall
Squall

Due to circumstances we could not get to phone the ticket mob early enough to get our season ticketed seats.So now we are on the 50mtr line on the second tier. I hope the members seats we have taken were not wanted.We had a Brisbane based Ticket man on the phone and he was saying that the Broncos have in place that members get first dibs on their seats then its open slatter...just like we always Used to have.Move with the times i guess.

I remember playing the Knights in the first final many years ago at Marathon We got beaten that day it was pouring with rain and even the big banner collapsed it was that wet.But the 2 busloads that went had a ball.

This time will be different Storm by 18
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Called the membership department this morning but they really couldn't tell me anything other than what I know already since it's over to Ticketek now. At least if Ticketek messes things up for me they can probably fix it easier - only if it comes to that, of course. I'm just being paranoid. I get like that sometimes.

According to the NRL website, AAMI Park can host a week three final. Let's hope it works out that way because AAMI Park is ten times better than Etihad. I guess it would come down to the opponent and whether they think it would be worth moving to Etihad or not. Without looking too far into it, I think a week three final against Brisbane, the Warriors or the Dragons might be worth having at Etihad.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/F ... fault.aspx (follow the link to venues)

Let's worry about week one first, though.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NRL confusion again ! Just had a quick look at the 'seating plan' on Ticketek
because someone who bought tickets today said he wanted sections 71/72
but this was now 'non alcohol' ?
OK.........According to the NRL 71/72/2 are the designated 'Away fan' bays ?
Ticketek have generously allowed section 1 for away fans on their seating plan ?
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx77696.gif
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:OK - Rang the club an hour or so ago,(Friday) & was told it's ALL Allocated seating for the 1st final at AAMI.Since tickets 'allegedly' go on sale at Ticketek 10AM Monday - Getting 11 seats in our usual GA corner spot on the wall will be.........
INTERESTING ::)
My group with the flags has been totally decimated by this. And the club has given us ZERO help in getting us seats so we can support the team together as we normally do.

As much as I dislike the concept I have nabbed seats in the Thunder Squad down the front. I hope the people around me don't mind the flags & drums, otherwise it will be a very unhappy day for everybody.

Support-wise things will be a total bun-fight on Sunday. And that saddens me greatly. :(

JF
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hey JF you just bang that drum, ring that cowbell and wave those flags mate!! Afterall, isn't that what the Thunderstruck section is supposed to be- a cheer squad?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

it is a finals game so LOUD NOISE is ALLOWED ANYWHERE in the ground. If people want quiet they should go to CHURCH.BE LOUD &PROUD STORM SUPPORTERS
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

And PLEASE can we OUTCHEER the opposition supporters like we did against the dragqueens
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

stormy wrote:And PLEASE can we OUTCHEER the opposition supporters like we did against the dragqueens
And drown out Gallop with incessant chanting of "Melbourne! Melbourne! Melbourne!"

On the seating, I am at a loss as to why Storm had not come to an arrangement with the NRL for reserve seat members to get first dibs at their reserved seat. Brisbane were able to do it and Storm have done it for all our home finals, until this year.

This is one of many areas that the current administration has let down our supporters. One of the benefits of paying extra for your reserve seat membership was this bonus at this time of the year. NB: And this isn't sour grapes from someone that missed out on his seat as I have a GA membership this year although I upgraded to Category A for this final, I'll be a row behind, or next to the Storm bench for the match.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

especially loud boos for giddyup.Save the loudest cheers for cammy holding up the MP trophy. giddyups face is gonna be a classic when he hands it over.love the competition on the Storm website.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was hoping Cat 4 was still going to be GA, but apparently not. Ended up at the other end of the ground to where I normally sit, but as long as I'm there, I don't really care! Section 15 Row C - bring it on!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just thought i'd throw this up as a reference to where everyone will be.

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote:I was hoping Cat 4 was still going to be GA, but apparently not. Ended up at the other end of the ground to where I normally sit, but as long as I'm there, I don't really care! Section 15 Row C - bring it on!!!
That is GA. Season games we can sit either end. I'm normally S36 but on Sunday will be S19. They must be filling the river end first. I hope i dont get wet in Row E.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know it's GA normally, but it appears to be allocated for the finals. Haven't even looked at the forecast for Sunday lol
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I understand now. Yeah every seat in the place is allocated seating for the finals. They did that with the Test match and the final game last year too.
Suncorp's allocated seating for every game, no GA. Probably a few other stadiums the same??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image