Finals seating

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know it's a fair way off but something i was curious about. Our group were always general members at the graveyard so come finals we always just stood where we always did, but given we upgraded our membership after moving to AAMI i was just wondering how the seating allocation for finals worked? By that i mean do those that have a designated seat throughout the season have first crack at that seat for finals or is it just first in best dressed?

Maybe those who had reserved seating at the graveyard could shed some light on how it works.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hi Ice, From memory all members get access to finals tickets a few days before they go on general sale. Anyone who has a designated seat during the year gets first crack at their own seat and other members are alloted seats after that but before general public have access. I think that`s the way it worked
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheers for that Woody. I thought that might be the way it worked but just wanted to make sure.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think it works out quite like that. Members get to buy tickets before they go on sale to the public, but there is not reserving your seats. If someone else buys them before you - then bad luck. I'm in two minds, I love my seats and am thinking of trying to book them or some like them, but then I would also love to see a game from a different perspective, so might try some level 2 seats for the home final (assuming we get it :) )
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormsally in past years were given the opertunity to buy our own seats before tickets went on sale - BUT that was the previous admin so who knows what will happen this year

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

AFAIK - Finals games are under the control of the NRL re : seating & pricing,so We'll have to see what lunatic system they come up with ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

All members will have the opportunity to purchase their own seats 2 days prior to them going public,once they have gone public then they are on sale for any one else to buy,so the onus is on you to get your tickets in those 2 days,this is the way that it has always been and is the way that it willl be this year also.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From Hail Storm. First in best dressed unfortunately......

RESERVED SEATING FOR HOME FINALS AT AAMI PARK

If you have a season reserved seat at AAMI Park you WILL NOT be automatically allocated that seat for the 2011 NRL Finals Series. As the NRL run the Finals Series, all seating is reallocated on a first in, best dressed basis.

Season reserved seats do not apply to any Finals Series games.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:From Hail Storm. First in best dressed unfortunately......

If you have a season reserved seat at AAMI Park you WILL NOT be automatically allocated that seat for the 2011 NRL Finals Series. As the NRL run the Finals Series, all seating is reallocated on a first in, best dressed basis.

That sucks - but whatever. I can deal. I figured something like that would happen anyway.

I was going to go to a Ticketek outlet to try and get my seat (or at least the same section). I suppose I could still do that but now I don't think I'll bother. I just want to be there - I don't care where I sit.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah i don't mind where i sit either, was more just hoping we didn't have to go through the bullshit of either getting to a ticketek outlet early or getting online to secure the best seats. Not sure if i'll go to an outlet or do it online yet as both have their pros and cons. I dare say there'll also be a heap of people lining up for AFL finals tickets at outlets and doing it online there's always a risk of it crashing as it has on a few times i've been on there. just have to wait and see closer to the date.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:From Hail Storm. First in best dressed unfortunately......

That is bullshit!!!

In previous years reserved seat members have had first access to their normal seat despite the finals being run by the NRL. This current Storm administration hasn't got a clue (but at least they have us under the salary cap).
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK - Rang the club an hour or so ago,(Friday) & was told it's ALL Allocated seating for the 1st final at AAMI.Since tickets 'allegedly' go on sale at Ticketek 10AM Monday - Getting 11 seats in our usual GA corner spot on the wall will be.........
INTERESTING ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I did the finals ticket/2012 membership deposit deal. I have no idea where I'm sitting.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:OK - Rang the club an hour or so ago,(Friday) & was told it's ALL Allocated seating for the 1st final at AAMI.Since tickets 'allegedly' go on sale at Ticketek 10AM Monday - Getting 11 seats in our usual GA corner spot on the wall will be.........
INTERESTING ::)

Haven't we as members had first crack at getting our regular season tickets for home finals?? So then what has changed. Then, either the NRL has changed their tune or this current Storm admin are spineless (or maybe a little from both sections I think!!) I was also under the impression that the NRL controls everything in the finals and the clubs have to follow the NRL???
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you've had a "finals tickets" Email from the NRL you'll already know.
If not.........................
Melbourne Storm Members - Finals Series Information

Score the best tickets first with your Advantage Access Number.
Dear George Fairclough

The 2011 Telstra Premiership Finals Series is less than a fortnight away. Please find below the important information regarding ticket purchase windows and dates for this time of the year.

Where and when the matches will be played:

The Storm can finish the season as high as first and as low as second at the end of Round 26 of the Premiership.

If they finish first, they will play at AAMI Park on Sunday September 11. If they finish second, they will play at AAMI Park on Saturday September 10.

Times and dates will be confirmed on NRL.com on Sunday night.

Ticket Information:

When they go on sale: All tickets will go on sale to Ticketed Club Members of the Storm and their match opponents from 10am on Monday, September 5, and to the general public from 10am on Tuesday, September 6.

Ticket Limits:

Ticket limits will be dependent on the venue. Limits will be available on NRL.com/finals on Sunday evening after the completion of the Roosters v Storm clash.

Can I pick my own seat?

Storm members will not be able to purchase their usual membership seat during the pre-sale.

Where to Purchase:

Storm members will be able to purchase their week one Finals Series tickets through the following channels:
• Online: http://www.ticketek.com.au/nrlfinals
• Phone: 132 849
• Agency: Any Ticketek Agency

Note: Be sure to have your ANN handy when purchasing tickets (This is a change from previous seasons where your membership number was required).