'Platinum' Melbourne Storm Jersey v Broncos (22nd July 2011)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

According to the Rugby Fever feed on deFacebook, we will have a special one-off Platinum jersey for the Broncs game.
Here is the picture of the jersey. This will be available from Rugby Fever in the next few weeks.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

if they make the platinum bit reflective, I could use it when I ride my bike at night :toothy10:
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its certainty interesting ..
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

"if they make the platinum bit reflective, I could use it when I ride my bike at night "

How good would that be!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great - more stuff I don't need but will probably end up buying anyway.

It's very bold. I like it. Reminds me of the Demons' short-lived clash from a couple of years back, though.

BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What is the purpose of it then
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No philisophical questions here please.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

BIG JIM wrote:What is the purpose of it then
According to Rugby Fever, it is because of Lockyer's last match in Melbourne.
Could also be a preview of next year's jersey maybe?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why do we need to wear a special jersey for Lockyer`s last game in Melbourne. Shouldn`t that be up to the Bronco`s ? ???
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MENACING*STORM wrote:
BIG JIM wrote: Could also be a preview of next year's jersey maybe?

The same thought crossed my mind MS, maybe just seeing how well it sells and what sort of feedback they'll get from it, personally i like it as a one off but not sure as our regular strip. That said though we've had worse than that and i wouldn't complain if we kept it, though i doubt the silver would stay if that was anything like the new design.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im unsure about it, silver is cool, but i'd like the blue on the front to be purple with white on the back where its purple now. purple n silver with blue out lines.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Go Storm wrote:"if they make the platinum bit reflective, I could use it when I ride my bike at night "

How good would that be!!

^^This

I still don't think I'd spend the money. Maybe it's our equivalant of the pink jersey. It will be interesting to know what the reason would be.

If we do get a sellout (so to speak) will it be funny playing against a lot of blowins and NOT to be in our traditional colours??

I'm trying to get together a possy for this game - a lot of people who only go to one or two games a year will front up for a Broncos game :)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:?
Appears to be another case of putting out playing strip / merchandise for no valid reason ?
I was at Allan Langer's 'last game in Melbourne' & that didn't warrant a special jersey ::)
Would hate it as a future design,as it is removing another of our dwindling number of traditions ie: the lightning bolt design.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not a patch on the Millennium jersey.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I doubt very much whether we'd be wearing a one-off jersey in celebration of Lockyer's career. I'm sure there'll be a pre-amble type sendoff for him pre-match but the jersey would have a diffferent significance, even if it's purely as a collectors piece?? I think only 180 or so will be made??

Perhaps it will mark the beginning of our march to the finals. It may be the pivotal match where our post-origin attack is unleashed.

Or it may be significant because we played Broncos last year at AAMI Park's NRL debut match, so perhaps it will become a tradition to wear a snazzy new jersey for these clashes??