'Platinum' Melbourne Storm Jersey v Broncos (22nd July 2011)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Supposedly only 85 are going to be made available to the public.

I had a thought - it looks like a something a futuristic comic book hero would wear. Now I can't unsee it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Daveyy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i would definately buy it. i think it would be good for an away jersey next year but instead of the V it should be 2 lightning bolts
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Just bought myself one of those platinum jerseys today at Rugby Fever and I have to, I really do like it! Real nice jersey!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was going to go in on Thursday and pick one up but I never did - will probably go this Wednesday instead. Are there plenty there? Also, are they players' fit?

StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

I counted 7 on the shelf, but the guy at Rugby Fever told me that they had a few more extra in stock out the back. So you should be more than alright to get one on Wednesday.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bring back the yellow one from the days of Rusty Bowden and co
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote:are they players' fit?
No, they are the regular loose fit. I had to exchange mine because I thought they were the players fit also.
Nice piece of kit. As TC mentioned, it is not as good as the Milly jersey but still not a bad looking kit. 8)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yesterday after the game we stayed back to get pic and autographs ect
My friend brought the new battle jersey and got it signed....every single player came out and said the same thing "wow is that the new jersey" and matt duffie got excited and said "is that what we are playing on friday kool i like it" even cam who i thought as captian would have seen it was really impressed and said it looked nice and couldnt wait to put it on

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't believe any of this hoopla about the Platinum jersey being "limited". I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it's now available on the club website as well. And how about the heritage jersey being a "members only" offer and then they go ahead and make the thing for genral sale anyway.

I like both the jerseys anyway; they are hanging next to each other on the railing of my bedroom window. Now I just need to wait to bid on one of the WIL jerseys when they go up for auction.

And I can't see the one-off jersey being our new jersey... don't NRL rules dictate that clubs have to keep the same jersey for 3 years? Seeing as we are only in to year 2 on the current design I don't envisage a new shirt til 2013...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i see it as a trial for the next design, maybe get purple, silver and bring back the V
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Don't believe any of this hoopla about the Platinum jersey being "limited". I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it's now available on the club website as well. And how about the heritage jersey being a "members only" offer and then they go ahead and make the thing for genral sale anyway.

I like both the jerseys anyway; they are hanging next to each other on the railing of my bedroom window. Now I just need to wait to bid on one of the WIL jerseys when they go up for auction.

And I can't see the one-off jersey being our new jersey... don't NRL rules dictate that clubs have to keep the same jersey for 3 years? Seeing as we are only in to year 2 on the current design I don't envisage a new shirt til 2013...
No, it is limited. I left it too long and now my size is sold out. Regarding the heritage jersey, it's my understanding that they had some returns so Rugby Fever just put whatever they had left over on the online store. It's gone from the site now so they must have sold them all.

Clubs must keep home jersey designs for a minimum of three years and the away design for a minimum of two (although, since our home and away are the same thing in different colours, I can't imagine they would put out something different next year). The only way I could imagine this "Battle" jersey design being used in 2013 is if they replace the silver with purple (or make the body purple and the V and side panels navy).
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd add the bolts somewhere, maybe down the side strips? change the body to purple and the sides to blue and i kinda like the silver.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I find the silver too tacky for anything beyond a one-off jersey. I'm also not a fan of gradients (unless they're really, really subtle). Yes, it makes the jersey look shiny - but we really can't be encouraging that kind of nonsense, otherwise we'd end up with something like Wigan's current monstrosity.

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

On a semi-related note, I saw KooGa's new training gear for the Wallabies today at Rebel Sport. Considering KooGa uses the same templates for all teams (the Wallabies' previous gear was much the same as ours just in different colours), it looks like our players are going to be looking classy as shit next year.

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

How did the CHAMPION STORM TEAM look in their jersey tonight?