King to Rabbits

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/the-re ... 6084325913
SOUTH Sydney have lured former Test and NSW State of Origin star Matt King back to the NRL on a two-year deal starting next season.

The 30-year-old centre has spent the last four years playing with Warrington in England's Super League but will reunite with former Melbourne teammate Greg Inglis in the centres at Redfern in 2012.

King's recruitment will give the Rabbitohs a distinct Storm flavour, with backrower Michael Crocker also at the club and incoming coach Michael Maguire a former Melbourne assistant to coach Craig Bellamy.

Alongside Inglis, King gives the Rabbitohs a potent midfield combination, having played 10 Tests for Australia on top of nine Origin matches for NSW.

"Matt was one of the leading lights during Melbourne's dominance of the competition, alongside players such as Greg Inglis and Michael Crocker, and also our new head coach in Michael Maguire," Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson said.
Apparently talks with Melbourne broke down last week ???

I know he is 30, but it would have been great to have King back at home where he belongs!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

is it just me or does anyone feel sorry for dylan farrell and the young bunnies coming through

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe talks with Kingy now over attention may turn back to Adam Blair as I read that he is yet to put pen to paper with Tigers

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:is it just me or does anyone feel sorry for dylan farrell and the young bunnies coming through

Farrell will still be center, GI will be moving to 6 or 1.

They really dont have any depth at center so King is a good signing for them.....probably.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i wonder when clubs like bulldogs and souths will realise that you cant buy a premiership, the good teams are the ones the juniors come through the ranks and know the club, the team plays and grown up around the older players. we do it, broncos do it and it seems to be working
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I think souths will do really well next year - New coach will bring storm strength in training and commitment to go 80min each and every week - which that club has been lacking -Souths have a better roster for next year then what eels had this year - sux that other clubs eg Eels and Souths benifit from Storm inside knowlege - Also sux that talks broke down with King to hear he wanted to come back to us and we didnt get him -Sad

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very dissapointed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Matty probably wanted more $$$'s than we were prepared to give him.
Ah well, good luck to him at Souths.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote:Matty probably wanted more $$$'s than we were prepared to give him.
That's exactly what i said to a mate when i read the negotiations with us broke down. If it is the reason then i have no issues with that, while it'd have been nice to have him back in some ways i'm glad we didn't pay him overs to make that happen. He'll be 31 by the the time next season starts and 32 by the time it finishes and while that's not old in a normal sense, in a footy sense it's getting on.

It'll also be intereseting to see how he handles the return to the rigours of NRL and the way the game is played as opposed to spending the past 4 years over there. That said he'll be a decent enough pick up for the Rabbits but let them pay overs for him and anyone else and we'll just wait for our next star to come off the Bellamy production line.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

^^ spot on Ice

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:Matty probably wanted more $$$'s than we were prepared to give him.
That's exactly what i said to a mate when i read the negotiations with us broke down. If it is the reason then i have no issues with that, while it'd have been nice to have him back in some ways i'm glad we didn't pay him overs to make that happen. He'll be 31 by the the time next season starts and 32 by the time it finishes and while that's not old in a normal sense, in a footy sense it's getting on.

It'll also be intereseting to see how he handles the return to the rigours of NRL and the way the game is played as opposed to spending the past 4 years over there. That said he'll be a decent enough pick up for the Rabbits but let them pay overs for him and anyone else and we'll just wait for our next star to come off the Bellamy production line.
Bit of credit to Darren Bell ay Ice.

The unsung hero of the Storm.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah that's fair enough given he's the one that spots them first. I'll rephrase and say we'll wait for our next star to come of the Storm production line.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They should change their name to The South Sydney "Storm"..... Crocker, Inglis, King ,McGuire, When they play Melbourne every body will be getting confused as who is playing for who,just as well they have a shit strip!!!!!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

South Sydney "second hand" Storm! Good luck to Matty King though, will be good too see him back in the NRL even though it is not with us. Will be huge for the Rabbits. Any chance this means we can still re-sign Blair?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With everything that can happen over time I know it`s naive to believe when they say it but of all of the players that left and said that they`d never play against us Kingy was the one I hoped the most would come back...... Ah well

As for Adam, can you imagine the s__t storm that the Tiges will raise if he resigns with us. They have dumped what 3...4 players to sign him. If he signed with us again now they would would go ballistic :-D Either way I just wish they would get it sorted out so that we can get on with it and he can go back to concentrating about playing