Your Round 16 Team vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Johns
Squall
Squall

1. Billy
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. O'Neill
5. Waqa
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Cam
10. Sika
11. Proctor
12. Adam Blair
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Bromwich
15. Woolie
16. Lowrie
17. Bobby Blair

I think Sika is our main metre-eater and should start at prop.

I think O'Neill is more dynamic as a centre than Bobby Blair, who I think would be great coming on as a ball-playing lock, or cover for an injury in the backs.

Is Vea back yet? If he is I'd consider picking him over Lowrie, but Lowrie has been better lately.

Post your teams and thoughts guys, would be good to get some chat going because our team id choc-full of talent!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the starting line is the same as mine!

as you said vea in for lowrie and thats how i would pick it, maybe lowe instead of woolnough as wooly gave away too many penalties against the tigers! and lowe has been getting great metres too
Johns
Squall
Squall

storming wrote:the starting line is the same as mine!
Haha what, about Sika?

Sorry I didn't know you'd said something similar...but in any case, I thin's the logical conclusion for anyone who has been watching us lately!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lowrie has been pretty good the last few weeks.. id keep him there..
Woolnough has been solid all year, one bad game shouldnt hurt him too much..

id be happy to see the same team for this week, with Neilson in for B Blair or Oneil.. whoever..
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

well i would like sika 2nd row blair front row, but blair lost his balls and wont go hard anymore
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know it`s not going to happen , and probably wont be a very popular suggestion , but to be quite honest I wouldn`t mind seeing A.Blair dropped for the week and bring Troy Thompson back into the squad. At least Troy puts his head down, hits the line and gains metres. Blair has done sweet F.A. pretty much consistently for the last few weeks, pulling off the odd effort but apart from that just soaking up space.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

^^ i agree but also doubt it'll happen ^^

Thommo was great for us. So was Vea, I'd like to see him back out there.
The more I think about it the more I reckon they will face the Warriors. Woolly's copped a few around the head recently, wouldn't hurt to rest him.

Slater
Waqa
Neilson
Blair
Duffie
Widdop
Cronk
Bromwich
Smith
Norrie
Manu
Proctor
Blair

Thomson
Lowe
Vea
Hinchcliffe

O'Niel and Lowrie are the unfortunate, and un-deserving spectators

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Adam Blairs been playing with a bad ankle or foot or somethign hasnt he? plus he's in the middle of a contract negotiation
which always has players playing below their best..

Not to concerned about him just yet considering the circumstances..
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

simo wrote:Adam Blairs been playing with a bad ankle or foot or somethign hasnt he? plus he's in the middle of a contract negotiation
which always has players playing below their best..

Not to concerned about him just yet considering the circumstances..
Wasn`t aware that he was playing injured but , if anything, I think that just strengthens the feeling that he should be dropped until he is ok to run again. If his injury is reducing his effectiveness on the field to the point where he is having as little impact as he is at the moment he shouldn`t be playing and taking a spot that a fit player could be using to help us gain forward momentum. I like Adam and would like him to stay but can`t blame him if he wants to move for more dollars or whatever but playing injured is just not helping the team at the moment
On the contract side of things, everything I`ve read for the past couple of weeks seems to intimate that the only people that don`t know that he has signed with the Tiges officially is us so I don`t see why that should still be worrying him. If it`s done it`s done and he should just get on with playing the year out for us
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Adam Blair starred for us when he was named Captain against the Roosters.
I think he relished this role. He's that type of personsonality and its a shame he's leaving the club, because he has the flair and ability to be our future captain.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He injured his ankle in Kiwi camp for the Anzac Test. Subsequently he played in that Test, then backed up for us the following night against the Drongos, and has played every game since.
I don't think he's been carrying an injury for that length of time. And if so then now's the time to give him a rest whilst Thommo and Vea are back and fit. Our forwards depth is at the strongest it's been all year right now, and i believe Kite and Johnson should be back from injury soon too??

As for the contract stuff. Nobody knows what's going on there, and certainly not Laurie Daley and a few other commentators who like to preach speculation and rumour as fact.
Hopefully we will all know sooner rather than later. Personally i think he may re-sign for 1yr and then try to milk more after that when the salary cap is increased following the new tv rights deal.
If he was leaving i reckon he'd have announced it by now?? Although Tigers have shed a few players, so perhaps he's negotiating very hard at Wests. He may as well get some hefty compensation for never getting the opportunity to win a premiership again.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I heard/read somewhere Bellamy saying Blair is playing with an ankle that flairs after every game - he's on the ice as soon as the games over
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Th ash cloud is back. I wonder what the NRL will makes us to do. I am sure it will be fair to everyone to ensure the good of the game!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was impressed with Justin at centre over the weekend but I don't think Justins form has been better than Blair. Besides his first game Bobby has outplayed Justin O in every game so he will be in the number 4 jersey. I feel bad for Justin tho becasue he has done nothign wrong at centre

Slater
Duffie
Neilson
Blair
Waqa
Widdop
Cronk
Blair
Smith (c)
Norrie
Manu
Proctor
Lowrie

Hinchy
Bromwich
Woolnough
Lowe
Kostjasyn
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Official Storm Team: Billy Slater, Matt Duffie, Dane Nielsen, Maurice Blair, Sisa Waqa, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Adam Blair, Kevin Proctor, Todd Lowrie. Interchange (from): Ryan Hinchcliffe, Sika Manu, Adam Woolnough, Jaiman Lowe, Rory Kostjasyn, Justin O'Neill.