The Official Sisa Waqa Appreciation Society Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As the phenomenon of Sisa Waqa continues to grow it is vital that all Waqa related matters are dealt with in a professional manner and thus this thread was born!

Feel free to drop the occasional "Irre-sisa-table" or "Sisa-lating" to describe his performances.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love yer work....Mr President

or more fittingly....EL PRESIDENTO

Sisa Wa"ng"a was SENSATIONAL.

He definitely doesn't look out of place on a wing on the Storm starting 13 however we currenly have an embarrasment of riches after last night's game.

Hopefully he can hold his place on merit and make a real impact for the rest of the year.

Oh yeah...and I loved the irony that he carved up the red rooters last night...the team that let him go.

hahahaha...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he had a shave for the game look very cute
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

should definitely have one of the wing spots in the 1st grade side
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

subscribed
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cool story; when we were kids me and sisa lived on the same street, my older brother thinks we used to hang out togather. Believable since all the kids knew eachother and hung out togather and everytime I saw him I couldnt help but think he looked familiar.
So I tried remembering his face as a kid and it all came back. We wouldve been 6-12 years old doubt he'd remember me though. Would be cool to have a conversation with him and ask him about it.
Anyway, his father Etuate Waqa was a pretty handy footballer my old man tells me, at both codes.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

So the commentators pronounce his surname as 'Wanger' but the cricketer in me says it like 'Wacker' (as in Waqar Younis).
Which one is it? Or is it different altogether?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wanger sisa told the storm to tell the commentators to say it that way

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

on a serious note, do any of you believe that this growing cult following has influenced the coaching staff's decision to pick him each week in the sense that he gets noticed more than previously and that the fans love him?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:So the commentators pronounce his surname as 'Wanger' but the cricketer in me says it like 'Wacker' (as in Waqar Younis).
Which one is it? Or is it different altogether?
In Fijian, a "q" is pronounced as "ng". I'm still a little confused as to whether the "a" is pronounced as in "bang" or as if it's closer to the "u" in "lung". Personally, I think it's probably somewhere in the middle. Also - "see-sa" or "siss-ah"? I know the pronunciation of his name has been brought up several times but if there's going to be a Sisa Waqa Appreciation Society, I think the first thing on the agenda should ensuring everyone's clear on the correct pronunciation.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i just yell out 'Sis', sis is my bro!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

my understanding is that in most pacific languages i is ee, q is the same as ng & is soft. The q (or ng) with the a (which is pronounced ah) together is the same sound as in the word sung, ... so phonetically Sisa Waqa is Seesah Wung-ah.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip is onto it. Ok guys, this is how its pronounced.
Sisa, dont drag the I.
Wung, like lung, gah
Sorta like, CowaBunGah
Its pronounced like Bung(G)ah.

The G sound is still there.d
Did that make any sense?

Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So I got the i (ee) wrong? Was putting the emphasis on the first syllable but from what you are saying both syllables have equal emphasis? so.... Sih-sah, See-sah or Seh-sah?
I'd really like to get it right
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep so its sih-sah. Even saying Seesah is close enough. So long as it has a "Lisa" sound.