The Official Sisa Waqa Appreciation Society Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Go Storm wrote:
Insomniac wrote:All pre-season games count towards suspensions, so any lead-up games played prior to the WCC should count...
What!?! Does that include trials? So, as an example, James Grahem gets 8 weeks, he skips 4 trials and only misses 4 NRL games?
That's not correct, only NRL sanctioned trials count for the suspension. Each club has a maximum of two NRL sanctioned trials per season.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
Go Storm wrote:
Insomniac wrote:All pre-season games count towards suspensions, so any lead-up games played prior to the WCC should count...
What!?! Does that include trials? So, as an example, James Grahem gets 8 weeks, he skips 4 trials and only misses 4 NRL games?
That's not correct, only NRL sanctioned trials count for the suspension. Each club has a maximum of two NRL sanctioned trials per season.
That's still bullshit I reckon. And if you include 2 tests he'll miss then that's 4 games served before round 1.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our boy was close to b.o.g I reckon, 4th best behind Cronk, Norrie and Widdop, not bad for a winger
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:Our boy was close to b.o.g I reckon, 4th best behind Cronk, Norrie and Widdop, not bad for a winger
Pretty hard to split the 17 IMO. Very good team effort. Chambers, Hoffman and Smith definitely deserve some credit in the top 7.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Sisa was in our top 3 or 4 players for the second half of the season.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

like 95% of players, you need time in first grade to feel comfortable, he just needed some time to find his place in the team.

does anyone know how quick he actually is? he gave baabaa 5m start and almost caught him, even with a dosgy knee
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa was named the Storm's most improved player at the Player of the Year Awards.

Congratulations Sisa.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most Improved by a country mile!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fiji National Rugby League nomination to the 2012 Rugby League International Federation International Player of the Year is SISA WAQA.

Congratulations to Sisa on this nomination.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations Sisa
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been unreal and really surprising. Bellamy at his finest. Not many people know him but they keep saying how good that winger was in the grand final who kept stopping the Dogs attack.
Who knows, if he never runs right and passes to Chambers maybe the season would of went down the drain.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After that Cowboys game I was calling for him to be released. But just like Ryles and Chambers in 2012, Sosa has proven me wrong. A lot of the errors and inconsistencies are gradually working themselves out of his game and he really improved in the back end of the season. He'll be hard to keep out of the run on side next year.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Congratulations to Sisa Waqa on being named Fiji's Player of the Year for 2012.
That is an outstanding achievement and is a fitting reward for the dedication and commitment he has shown towards improving his game.
He thoroughly deserves the accolade.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

SISA what a CHAMP...congratulations on your award.Well deserved..
S.W.A.S. is very proud of you SISA.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa has re-signed for two years. Woo hoo.

I thought it was the perfect time to resurrect the SWAS thread.

Long life SWAS.