Round 12 vs South Sydney Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Changes i would make for the 2 grades vs rabbitohs.

NYC

1. Sean Loxley
2. DJ Solamona
3. Mahe Fonua
4. Brayden Williame
5. Eddie Faamasili
6. Matt McGahn
7. Benny Hampton
8. Jarome Wilson
9. Slade Griffen
10. Jordan McLean
11. John Leitaua
12. Tohu Harris
13. Kenny Bromwich (c)

14. Matt Smith
15. Karl Davies
16. Kirisome A'Auva
17. Matt Constantinou

NRL

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa (Does everything better than Quinn)
3. Dane Neilsen
4. Justin O'Neill/Elijah Niko/Mahe Fonua (We need an ATTACKING weapon here)
5. Matt Duffie
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu (Much more effective starting IMO)
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Rory Kostjasyn (Consistantly our best in reserves, is 1st grade standard)
15. Adam Blair (Might put some fire back in his belly)
16. Troy Thompson (A must for this week)
17. Adam Woolnough

We can defend, we all know that, the problem is we have no other strike outside back to really bust a game wide open when Billy is not firing/being shut down. Sisa and Duff are great finishers and big aerial threats but on the ground our centres just dont have the ability to break a game wide open, we have safe Dane on one side who can defend but is quite limited in attack, the other needs a O'Neill Niko or Fonua i believe, an X Factor player who can pull something out of nothing, that being said Maurice Blair goes ok and TBH as good as gaz goes at 5/8 i think Blair's best position also lies there.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw Jorden Mclean at Highpoint, lima lima lima duck he's a big **** now.

Still injured though i think.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If I was that big and athletic Id be the best prop in the game :)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 let's hope Craig feels the same. That NRL lineup will definately beat the bunnies next week

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cant play Rory, Ryan and Cam in the 1 team unless he's at 6 or 7.

Dont know if Id be putting an unift O'Neill or untried Niko up against GI either, actually I do & I wouldnt.

Blair will stay till at least then.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rory can play lock and rotate with hinchy much like Lowrie/Hinchy do ATM. Justin O'Neill played NSW cup on the weekend and was extremely good from what i hear, Niko has also been a shining light playing against men for Easts in an average team. Scores plenty of tries and is always a handful, we all know Bellamy isn't afraid to hand a young guy an NRL game (Fonua, Niko have both been 18th man this year, Chisholm and O'Neill have started) And with Beau back in afew weeks and origin taking it's toll i couldn't think of a better time then the next few weeks to give these guys a shot. BTW McLean was close this weekend, may play this week, if not Sironen to come in (He looks a good prospect too)
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Justin ONeil is 100% then he should slot on to the wing in place of Waqa, If Quinn is fit to play aswell then he should slot into the centers in place of Maurice Blair.

Troy Thompson is a must aswell. Dropping Adam Blair to the bench could be the way too go, he just hasn't been up to Storm standards in recent times.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i spoke to justin last week at training and he said craig was MAKING him play at least two weeks of nsw cup before bringing him back....he played nsw cup last week so if what he told me is true then he has 1 more week in reserves
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

this will be the team named

1.Slater
2. Quinn/ Waqa
3. Nielson
4.Blair
5.Duffie
6.Widdoo
7.Cronk
8.Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. bromwich
11. Blair
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchy
15. Manu
16. Woolnough
17. Lowe

I can't see room for Niko or Onliel in the team unless another winger goes down. I'm looking forward to seeing Niko and seein gif he lives up to the hype or if he is another fifita moala.

Also O'nieil is baely fit enough to play on the wing atm so he needs to work on his fitness he looked lathergic and slow all season to me and I can undersand he has had some injuries but I like that craig wants him in reserve grade until his fitness is right.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah that is the team that will get named. Any of you know how to change your username?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Inglis#3 wrote:Yeah that is the team that will get named. Any of you know how to change your username?
Well, Inglis was a former Storm player and a great one at that,
maybe you should keep it as a nice reminder of some of the awesome things he did in the Storm jersey :-D
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So, will Channel 9 show this live on Sunday (and our game at Leichardt in a fortnight's time)? I'm hoping so [-o<
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not live
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I'm just glad the Victorian Mahe Fonua is close to first grade, he is explosive in the NYC. I would like to see Hampton given some jest grade experience during the origin period as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

MENACING*STORM wrote:So, will Channel 9 show this live on Sunday (and our game at Leichardt in a fortnight's time)? I'm hoping so [-o<
Live at midnight ;)