DANGER REPLACES INGLIS IN QLD TEAM

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll handle Gasnier. IMO Dane is the best one on one defensive back we've ever had.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Im not surprised, i think he's great and under rated.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

great news! he will be safe but wont be a superstar (well i hope not, GO NSW)

im also happy that qld have finally got some injuries to their side, for 5 years it was only 1 player max injured out of their top 17 at a time
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gasnier may not play - apparently his wife is due to give birth around State of Origin time
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Idris would come in then i guess.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

is idris a more dangerous opponent than gaz? big and powerful runner v smart and skilful?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

idris is 18th man for that reason
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I've been a #1 fan of Dane since his 1st game with Melbourne. I think he is extremely under-rated & while he can make you nervous when he has the ball & running sometimes, I wouldn't swap him for too many other centres, if any at all. I hope he has a blinder & is in Qld's future plans at Origin time :P
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Neilson's first game was great. As I recall it he scored a try and saved another by coathanging the ball runner. Can't remember who it was. But it was high, it was intentional, and it was awesome!! It won us the game and cost him about 4 on the sidelines.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Neilson's first game was great. As I recall it he scored a try and saved another by coathanging the ball runner. Can't remember who it was. But it was high, it was intentional, and it was awesome!! It won us the game and cost him about 4 on the sidelines.

That was his second game in 09 from memory, his debut for us was in 08 and he looked average though I do remember being impressed with his defence
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Congratulations Dane.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Dane - I too was very surprised to hear of his call-up... Fingers crossed he has a blinder, and things don't go the way of Steve Turner's debut! :shock2:
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:
Go Storm wrote:Neilson's first game was great. As I recall it he scored a try and saved another by coathanging the ball runner. Can't remember who it was. But it was high, it was intentional, and it was awesome!! It won us the game and cost him about 4 on the sidelines.

That was his second game in 09 from memory, his debut for us was in 08 and he looked average though I do remember being impressed with his defence
.....I think :lol:
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Oh yes, I remember watching that game! Poor Zappa was taken to the cleaners! He's been black listed since that night!

Congrats on Dane getting selected to!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

He played well tonight..